• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2012 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 638 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

I will buy another one (2006 owner)

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "comfort and power"

Cons: "gas mileage and maneuvering"

"I find it is the perfect truck for someone who likes comfort but also wants power and toughness. It is a truck that has SUV comfort with plenty of room in the rear seat for traveling. Great torque for towing up to 5,000 lbs. which is key for me as I pull a travel trailer across country every year. Gas mileage is not great but certainly better than your bigger trucks. Overall, I have been very happy with the Ridgeline (almost nine years as an owner) and will seriously consider replacing this one with a new Ridgeline when it is time. Of course that time may be a few years away because this truck is very reliable and does not show signs of wearing down."

I will buy another one (2006 owner)

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "comfort and power"

Cons: "gas mileage and maneuvering"

9 years and counting. Excellent safety/comfort.

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "To many to list."

Cons: "Turning radius/mileage."

"Very few negatives to the truck. Not suited as a heavy work truck but the safety, convenience, comfort is far above any other similar vehicle to me."

9 years and counting. Excellent safety/comfort.

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "To many to list."

Cons: "Turning radius/mileage."

Works like a truck, Drives like a car

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "Storage space- spacious rear, power to spare"

Cons: "Separation between cab and pickup bed"

"I bought it 1.5 years ago to transport myself and my service dog. The rear seats fold up and my puppy has a "Honeycomb Hideout" in the back. The capper on this beauty is the trunk under the pickup bed. It's got awesome handling, great on the highway and while It might not win the Baja 1000, it's more than tough enough than anything I use it for. Up and down the state (FL) it's got storage space for anything I need and I really enjoy getting into a vehicle this size - with enough gear to hang out for a weekend or more."

Excellent 3/4 scale truck for a growing family

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Reason: Capability

"This truck does well towing and hauling moderate loads. Limits of load do tax the engine and trany-especially with increased elevation and/or with hot outdoor temps. Test Review compalnits about lacking Low Range 4wd have not caused this truck to get "stuck" or kept me from taking it anywhere I decided to go. Off road hunting or mountain fishing trips are well within reach. Snow is almost too easy. Deep sand requires turning off the stability control. My trucks have always worked as trucks. This one did exceptionally well although if I decided to take it "mud bogging", likely the lack of 4 low would present an issue."

This vehicle is an all around family vehicle

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "reliable & safe"

"This vehicle has provided consistent reliability for my family and a good work horse to boot. We enjoy the comfort of knowing all the built in safety features which was our number one concern when we purchased, Second co0ncern was comfort & room and the workhorse features. This vehicle fits the bill and is number one for my family and myself."

Honda reliability in a truck!

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Nice ride, cargo space, storage"

Cons: "Lacks highway towing power"

"Bought this truck from my dad, I needed something to tow a boat and be better on gas than my current V8. The Ridgeline is great in so many ways, storage, ride, cargo, looks. The only con i found was in long range towing, it lacks the power to keep up a highway speeds and the MPG goes way down. Other trips while not towing have been great, lost of space, the controls, nav all great! No major mechanical issues what so ever, I have run Mobile 1 since i got and my dad did before me, just a great truck."

Fills it niche' perfectly

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Value and practicality with high resale retainment"

Cons: "Can't tow a 10k lbs 5th wheel..."

"No many drivers need 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton pickups with 10k lbs towing and size, and that is where mid size pickups shine. Capable for 99.9% of everything you you throw at it! and the Ridgeline gets that Honda reliability and strong value retainment."

Reliable

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"Rate it at 9.5%"

Perfect for my family

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, good mileage, lots of storage, price"

Cons: "Cloth seats (dirty easily)"

"I love this truck. It handles like a dream and has the reliability. The swing bed door is a real plus along with the large trunk. My wife and I can go shopping and put all our things in the locking trunk. Fuel mileage has been good at 18 in the city and as much as 24 on the highway using the cruise control. Seating is comfortable too. One drawback is the fabric interior. If I were to buy another Ridgeline I would opt for leather seats and armrests. This is a perfect truck for lightweight loads like small travel trailers and boat trailers. I would definitely buy another one."

Second time owning this car and still love it

By on Monday, February 10, 2014

"AWESOME! What a great comfortable ride"

Love It

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Long trips are easy."

"What a great truck with a trunk! Easy to drive, Never a probem, went 70,000 before it received brakes."

MY SECOND RIDGELINE AND I HIGHLY RECOMEND THIS TRU

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "LIKE EVERYTHING"

Cons: "NEXT TIME I WILL BUY RTS W/POWER SEATS & FOG LAMPS"

"CK. HAD 06 RTL NOW OWN 08 RTX. BOUGHT USED BOTH TIMES. IF YOU WANT BETTER MILAGE USE MIDGRADE GAS. DROVE TO COAST LOADED FOR WEEK TRIP GOT 22.9 GOING USING AIR & 23.1 COMING BACK DIDN'T USE AIR BUT HALF THE TRIP. I FIND EXON GAS TO WORK THE BEST."

I absolutely love this truck. Reliable and comfort

By on Saturday, January 04, 2014

Pros: "Excellent handling. Great comfort. Very functional"

Cons: "Driving Lamps expensive to change. No Access!!"

"This was love at first sight. I had been looking for a good SUV to compliment my suburban lifestyle. Being a home owner I am always requiring a "bed" for transporting everything from yard material to furniture. I purchased my Honda in 2008 it has been a charm. It drives like a car, yet performs like a truck. I love the huge trunk, especially when theres inclement weather, our groceries go in and out quickly. The Ridge-line body style is one you love or dislike. Personally I believe its form follows function and a smart design. Though gas mileage is now being challenged by "Eco-Systems" out there, its still a tough sell in my book. Hondas reliability and low maintenance is a plus when buying this vehicle. My original set of tires lasted 110,000 miles! I have 135000 miles and this trucks drives like its new. This is unheard of, especially in the harsh Chicago roads. I frequently drive it as my favorite vehicle on highways. Very fast, reliable, and handling is exceptional. I am looking at buying another on. If Honda could compete with better mileage, this truck would be a perfect 10. But its a truck, what do you expect? Honda you did a marvelous job on the design of this truck. Best kept secret. My only complaint is cleaning between the seat and center console. Stuff falls in there and its tough to vacuum out. But is this a real major problem? Well, Im thinking of buying another one!"

would buy again

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "comfort"

"smooth riding,safety features"

extremely happy, best vehicle I have owned

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "very reliable vehicle"

Cons: "if your easy on the peddle gas milage, over 20mpg"

"super reliable."

Awesome Truck For 99 percent of the truck buyers.

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Dependable and overall a great truck"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"Awesome Truck For 99 percent of the truck buyers. This is my 2nd Ridgeline. As long as you are not planning on towing more than 5000 lbs or doing heavy off roading then this is your truck. Full size trunk for under bed storage. Can carry as much as other half ton pickups. super strong bed liner. Super comfortable with excellent handling. Plenty of power but not great gas mileage"

Love it !

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "very fun to drive, comfortable ride"

Cons: "blind spots, hard to see backing up"

"I bought my Ridgeline as a demo with 5000 miles on it. It now has 126K. I have never had an problems out of it. Just put a new timing belt on it (recommended at 100K)and do regular oil changes and maintenance. I have had it on snow covered rough mountain roads and did not get stuck. It does have blind spots and is hard to back up but convex mirrors on the side mirrors help. I would definitely buy it again, waiting on a new body style to come out. Until then, I'll drive it till the wheels fall off."

Most versatile medium size truck ever made.

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "versatility , car like ride, great view of road,"

Cons: "only 18-20 mpg, costly brand new"

"This truck/SUV has been thought out so well that every type of situation that I have run into where I have hauled people, equipment, furniture, camping stuff or whatever has been super easy. Maintenance has been very reasonable with only normal routine items. I have followed the owers manual for maintenance for service intervals with great success. You must use a Honda dealer to perform higher level maintenence or risk lousy repairs though. Also some Honda dealers have under qualified mechanics who don't know what they are talking about. I used two different dealers to compare until I finally figured out which one had the good mechanics. I added a RANCHO Brand 2" suspension lift kit to the truck with fantastic results. I can't get this thing stuck in the worst of mud. I have pulled out stock jeeps from the same mud holes. DO NOT PUT LARGER TIRE DIAMETER TIRES ON THIS VEHICLE. You Awesome."

Bought my first TRUCK!

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, in bed trunk, has power, looks"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I love my truck! I'm 23 and needed something reliable for college. I wanted a truck but did not need a big growling F150 or Silverado. Some say it's not a "real truck", but half of them don't even use the F150's and other trucks for their real intentions anyways. I wanted something that could get me back and forth from school and haul things when I needed to. This truck meets all my needs. I love the looks I get at gas stations. I have mine in white. The tires are blacked out and so are the door handles and running boards. It looks really nice. The gas mileage is OK, but what are you going to do? The power is great as well, it can really get up and go when you need it! I love the in-bed trunk. Every time I open it people are amazed!"

Best truck ever made! Extras make it the ultimate!

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "rides great, tons of extra features, 4X4 rocks!"

Cons: "Ummm...Honda could make the price more lower? LOL!"

"With the trunk in the bed, the drop down back seat drink holders, the slider console, the double opening tailgate, and many, many more special features this truck has, it is the best truck out there! I have owned Ford, Dodge, Chevy and GMC and this Honda out lasts, out runs, out shines, out does itself in every way! I highly recommend the Ridgeline!!!"

Best truck out there.

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "Everything except the one con below"

Cons: "Mileage: 15 city 20 Hwy. Same as domestic trucks"

'08 RT / Suspension lift

"It has a slightly smaller appearance than a full size domestic truck, but it has plenty of interior room and will comfortably sit five adult passengers. Yes, ALL Ridgelines are four wheel drive (4x4). (4WD)"

'08 RT / Suspension lift

Multi-purpose

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "A fun truck"

"I had my eye on the Ridgeline before they ever hit the dealerships. I compared every make and model against the Ridgeline. If you need a truck "as just a work truck" this is not for you. This truck rides like an expensive road car, "Smooth & Quiet" but can also work like a truck. With a 5 foot bed, it can haul just about anything for your weekend projects along with boats, trailers and some travel trailers. There is little to zero cab noise on the road. The extra space in the "trunk" under the bed is awesome & holds a large amount of grocery bags."

radio reception not good

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "it is a nice truck for people who does not work fo"

Cons: "radio reception no good"

"To everyone out there that has a Honda ridgeline, pilot, or any other model that has no outside antenna and getting bad FM reception. I just bought a 2013 ridgeline truck with the nav system. The truck is fine except for the radio. Anytime I am around a telephone pole I lose reception. It has been at the dealers for a week now and they have replaced the antenna cable, amplifier, and antenna. I still lose all reception. On one of the road trials they hooked up a temporary outside antenna and the reception was great. But Honda told them to replace the parts. I realize that the truck looks good without the antenna sticking out of the roof but it seems there is a problem with it. I have talked to people that have a 2006, 2008, 2011 and 2013 ridgeline. They all said that the reception is bad. They have gone to the dealership and they told them there is nothing they can do. You will have to live with it. I have been in contact with a Honda representative and they said they will bring it up at a meeting to see if there have been any other complaints. But until they think there is a problem there is nothing they can do unless a design technician says there is a problem. So everyone out there that has a problem with the radio reception should call Honda and complain about it. Then they might look into it and say yes we have a problem. My 2010 chevy has no problem at all."