• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2012 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 662 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

A Great Quality Vehicle for a Retired Person

By on Saturday, April 25, 2015

Pros: "Solid, safe, and comfortable vehicle to operate."

Cons: "Gas mileage needs to be improved on."

"I am very pleased to have this vehicle. I had wanted it for years, but I simply had to get other things dealt with prior to retirement. In a world here in West Texas where most people work hard and need a heavy duty truck for small business and big business needs, the Ridgeline still has its place with the older retired and semi-retired groups. It's not meant for heavy-duty work as such. It is meant for basic jobs that older folks engage in from recreational to light work. The vehicle is smooth running and very pleasant to operate. My wife is starting to use it to do things with and likewise enjoys the drive. It is also a safe vehicle to use. At this stage, we are going to keep this vehicle probably 5-10 more years and then maybe think about trading it in or reselling it. At that point, it will have served its purpose. I am very pleased to drive it."

Great compromise between truck and automobile

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "great features for the price"

Cons: "limited hauling capability"

"I traded in my 2008 Ford 150 Lariat for a 2014 Honda Ridgeline RTL. The positives are that the vehicle was about 15000 less than a comparably equipped 2014 Ford F 150 Lariat. To date we have put 5800 miles on the Ridgeline and so far so good. The vehicle is not as spacious as the F 150 but we never really hauled anything in our previous vehicle. Real world mileage for the Ridgeline is 15 to 16 in town with up to 20 to 21 on the highway. Considering it is part time four wheel drive that is not too bad. The Ridgeline drives great and I think it will hold its resale value. My only complaint would be the controls for the air/heat,etc which look very dated. That being said if you are looking for a truck for occasional light hauling the Ridgeline is a great choice. If you are looking for a truck for heavy duty carrying the Ridgeline would not be my choice. Overall a great suburban truck!!"

Great, bulletproof, all-weather capable vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Flawless AWD, Great transmission, in-bed trunk"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Polarizing styling"

"I love my 2007 Ridgeline RTL. As of this time I have over 108,000 miles on it and have just done normal maintenance oil changes, VTM, Transmission chnages, Tires at 55-60K, brakes at 60K, and kept up with the 100,000 mile service. My Ridgeline still runs like new. Styling is somewhat polarizing - love it or hate it I cannot beat the utility of the truck. I use the in-bed trunk all the time, and work on top of a mountain. I have make my way to work regardless of the weather and have many times driven by typical 4WD trucks stuck in ditches etc. I love the automatic functions of the AWD system and having it primarily FWD works better in my opinion for folks that don't tow very often. The only low-point with the vehicle is fuel economy. I'm averaging 17-18 MPG in Spring through Fall. With Winter blended fuels, I get 15 MPG. After an accident, I had a loaner Chevy Silverado that got 20 MPG. In my opinion Honda has got to get this truck to 25 MPG to be successful in the next generation. I am waiting on the next-gen, hoping Honda hears many of us and gets it right."

10 years of driving this vehicle this month.

By on Saturday, April 11, 2015

Pros: "safety,drive, space, a real pleasure to drive."

Cons: "would prefer greater mileage, but its not that bad"

"Purchased in April 2005, have almost 100,000 miles. Excellent condition. Extreme safety features, great for trips, lots of space and storage. Very comfortable ride. Gas mileage very reasonable 14-23mpg. Interstate driving gives the best mileage even at 60mph. Gave up our 2nd vehicle because wife would not drive it, if the Ridgeline was in the drive way."

Nice ride, easy to drive, looks good

By on Saturday, April 04, 2015

Pros: "Good looking truck & very reliable"

Cons: "The only engine made lacks power and is noisey."

"A goodlooking truck that still looks up to date in style even after six years. Truck is fun to drive. The extras are great. One of its best features is unique trunk under the bed. Truck handles well and is a joy to drive, although the engine is somewhat noisy and lacks power.Tires lasted for 62,000 miles. I've had no mechanical problems whatsoever."

I like it a lot.

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pros: "Under bed trunk is nice and holds a lot."

Cons: "steering wheel not very adjustable."

"The only real complaints I have are, 1 The steering colum needs to be more adjustable. 2 Needs to get better gas milage. I get an average 17.5 just running around. Best ever, all highway on a trip was 24.5 mpg. Very nice light duty pickup."

good truck for traveling

By on Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pros: "reliable, comfortable for traveling"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"Good reliable truck for traveling. Only major drawback is poor gas mileage."

My second Ridgeline. Improved over my 2006.

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "Great driver, decent milage"

Cons: "If you want a work truck, this ain't it."

"Like a big sedan with a bed for hauling odd stuff. Great traction and braking. Much quieter than my 2006."

Very functional and practical.

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

"This car is super useful for me. I can fold up back seats to take my two 100lb labs to the park. I keep my kids' smelly sports equipment in the separate under bed trunk so it doesn't stink up the cab. The truck bed is great for household use. I have rental properties and can load up all my landscaping equipment in the back. Finally- the truck drives very well on wet/icy roads and feels very safe. In ice storm last January I was able to go where ever I wanted without using the VTM. Cons- gas mileage, turn radius is not great."

Best Vehicle I Have EVER Owned

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pros: "Twoway tailgate; power rear wndw; GREAT body lines"

Cons: "15 mpg avg"

"After six different Jeep models, a Blazer, a Cadi SRX, a Cadi CTS, an Explorer and more, this is by far the BEST new vehicle I have ever owned. It is four years old and is still as QUIET as the day I drove it off the lot. The lines are a lot like the Avalanche, but this pickup is much more conducive to my lifestyle. There are ore aftermarket products available for this vehicle that I had thought including rims, side steps, grill guards, etc. My truck turns heads wherever we go. SUPER reliable with low maintenance costs. It does go through more gas that I would like, averaging only about 15+ mpg, but I absolutely LOVE this vehicle and don't understand why I don';t see more of them out there."

more reliable than other pickups I have owned

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "tailgate option, fold up back seats"

Cons: "short wheelbase, low gas miles"

"Have not had a problem since new in June 2005. Gas mileage on trips w/cruise control over 20mpg. Around town lucky to see 15. The short wheelbase has me running over curbs when turning right. Could use a hand grab over driver's door. Tailgate opening sideways is a real convenient idea. The back seats make this a 5 passenger vehicle."

Owned many cars, Ridgeline by far the best!!!

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "comfortable ride, handles like a nice car."

Cons: "none, absolutely no complaints."

"I've owned many cars, both foreign and domestic, Chevy's, Ford's, Mazda's, Toyota's, Honda's, Hyundai's. In my opinion the Ridgeline is by far the best vehicle I ever owned. Hauling capability of a truck that drives and handles like a nice car. Bought the Sport version because that is what the dealer had on the lot. Already thinking about trading next year to get the high end version and not even considering looking at anything else."

VERY GOOD IN THE SNOW AND ICE. SMOOTH RIDING

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "BEST RIDING TRUCK AROUND. EASY ON BUMPS. SNOW,OK."

Cons: "SEATS DONT HOLD UP. MPG POOR. UNDER POWERED 4 SZ"

"VEHICLE NEEDS MORE POWER FOR ITS SIZE . DRIVERS SEAT AND DOOR WEATHER STRIPPING SHOT. PAINT ON HOOD HAS SPIDER CRACKS. AS DID OUR 2OO4 ACCORD. MPG IS POOR. CANT REMOVE STAINS FROM SEATS. BED NEEDS TO BE LONGER."

Does it all from hauling, pulling and touring

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Cons: "No daytime or fog lamps. Issue resolved on newer"

"3rd Ridgeline. Saw my first Ridgeline in 2005 at the local auto show and was amazed by the interior room, rear bed storage and MPG. Can pull my 21" boat, go off road and haul my junk to the dump with ease. After a quick wash is a classy vehicle to take out with another couple for dinner. Great ride and better resale values."

Outstanding vehicle for family & outback trips.

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Everybodu who has been in it loves it."

Cons: "I found no issues at all."

"Used for primary travel, hiking, camping and travel to golf outings carrying 4 sets of clubs in the extra cap on back. Good enough clearance for all gravel roads and most two tracks. Best truck and SUV type I have had. If Honda were continuing I would by now. However I understand they have discontinued but maybe re-design for 2016."

Exc. running vehicle, good for another 200,000

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

"Has small tiny dent on front left from bumping trash can on trash day. Needs new tires. Seats need cleaned. Nothing but water has ever accidentally been on them but it makes them look stained. Not sure how to properly clean seats."

Best truck I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"I just bought my 07 Ridgeline in May 2014 with 154,000 and I can't believe how excellent this truck rides. Without looking at the miles you would think it's a brand new truck. I'm on my first out of state trip with it now and WOW, it's GREAT!!!!!! I let my dad drive it after I bought it and he is getting one when he pays off his Chevy. I HIGHLY recommend this truck to who ever is in the market for a 4X4."

09 ridgeline

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no ashtray,no navigation"

"this is the best truck ever! Have had no problems with this vehicle.drives perfect,handles well,dependable/roomer than the FJ."

Iron tough and reliable but great driving vehicle.

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Great overall vehicle with many neat features"

"I bought my 2006 Ridgeline used with 45k miles and now have 272k miles and other than regular maintainence I just recently replaced the individual coils and had the valves adjusted and it's the first dollars I've spent on this truck and it still runs as well as the day I bought it. Love the spacious cab and car like drive, but the trunk in the bed is a great feature that I use daily in my work. It tows my trailer very well with moderate sized loads. Gas mileage is still average of 17-18 miles and will do 20 mpg on good highway driving. Would buy another one without a second thought."

Second one

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Cons: "Drives like a luxury car."

"this is the greatest truck I have ever owned, and being a building contractor I have had many. My daughter has my 06 and now has 220,000 miles on it and I drove it for a day and could hardly tell the difference from my 11 with 50,000 miles. Waiting for the new one to come out and them will get it, unless they change it too much,"

great truck, rides like a car, hard for me to sell

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"I can only hope I own another vehicle as well built and reliable as this Ridgeline. No rust after 9 years and I have a DPW salt shack near my property!! Every year I have at least 3 people ask me if my truck is 2 or 3 years old, I tell them it's a 2006 and they don't believe me. I love the compliments and it motivates me to keep him longer."

One Of three Honda's Owned

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable Ride;Easy Entry/Exit."

Cons: "Cloth Seating Material Substandard; Poor Mileage."

Unique Looking Truck

"Purchased the Ridgeline new in January 2013. Required a vehicle that could pull in excess of 2000lbs. Did not need a full sized truck. Really like the Unique Styling, Crew Cab roominess,Lockable Trunk beneath the bed. Options added: F&R Splash Guards; Weather Tech Front Floor Liner; Honda Front Mask(Summer Use);Protective Paint Film to Grille,Front Bumper and Rocker Panels; Fiberglass Topper;Fiberglass Nose Bug Deflector;F&R Seat Covers;Carpeted Dash Protector. Weak Points found: Cloth Seating Material Substandard;Bumpers should be Metal not Plastic."

Unique Looking Truck

Quality built versatile SUV/pickup

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Quality build, comfort, 4 wheel drive system"

Cons: "Pickup box design"

"Hard-core pickup fans will likely disregard the Ridgeline but for me its capabilities exactly match my needs. It drives and rides very comfortably and quietly - more like an SUV than a pickup, but provides enough hauling/towing capacity to satisfy my requirements (mostly recreational.) The power is very adequate for towing my moderately - sized boat and ATV and it has enough cargo capacity to transport the camping and recreational gear that I use. The feature that I like the most is the 4 wheel drive system which engages automatically as needed - not necessary to manually engage and disengage, and it allows turning without tires "jumping" when engaged (although it can be manually locked up for tough going.) The one thing I am not especially happy with is the pickup box. While I have managed to cope with the 5 foot length (would prefer 6 feet) I struggle with the high sides which prevent me from reaching in from the side of the vehicle, and with the depth of the box when the tonneau cover is in place. The depth issue results from the in-floor trunk - a handy and desirable feature which I fully utilize and enjoy, but which has the effect of raising the box floor. Gas mileage is pretty good - I have achieved as high as 26 mpg on highway, and consistently get 17 - 18 towing my boat which weighs about 1,500 pounds. The V-6 engine is smooth and quiet. Since the vehicle designs is seven or eight years old it doesn't feature some of the technology that newer models have, but it has plenty for me. Honda quality is evident throughout."

has tonneau cover, rhino lining in bed of truck,

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable, heater works quick,"

"Love to drive it, excellent in snow"

Great passenger/Truck, great trunk

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Honda got it right the first time"

Cons: "Navi screen needs to be tilted to driver"

"Only regular maintenance, NO major/minor transmission or engine work. Navi screen should tilt to driver; I highly recommend this truck, one of the best all around."