2011 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 679 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Still an awesome truck

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and versatile."

Cons: "Leg room amd mileage."

"Originally purchased in April of 2005, I am seven years and 120,000 miles in my Ridgeline. As one of the first Ridgeline owners in my area, I can't say I got the greatest deal because discounts were not available at the time, but I have never regretted buying it and the money seems well worth it now. I have kept the recommended maintenance schedule as laid out on the dash indicators as well as the book, and I have never been stranded. It has never been on a tow truck, something that would be hard for most vehicle owners to claim after seven years. This truck still drives as nice now as it did when it was new. It feels solid and tracks straight, the tires wear evenly, the engine remains powerful and the transmission shifts smoothly. It even still drives well off-road. The only downsides are the two that have plagued me since I bought it, although neither have been enough of a problem to have me trade it in. Being tall, I find the dashboard sight lines a bit low and leg room just a tad short. I fit well enough, but I have to get out and stretch once in a while on long drives. Headroom is ample, though, and the interior feels like a full-sized truck. I also wince at the pump from the dismal mileage I get; usually around 16 MPG combined. I am not sure if that is because of living in California, but it certainly doesn't help that I have added after-market weight to the truck with accessories. I can get 19 MPG on highway rides. I have towed and hauled with this truck, but it is small and maneuverable enough to park in my garage or on the street. Mostly it has been reasonable to service and reliable as the day is long. I planned to have this truck for ten years, and by all indications it will make it without much headache. This truck has taken me many great places in California, both on and off the road. It still is an awesome truck."

one great truck

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Does a bit of everything very well good on gas"

Cons: "It is not a pretty truck and interior is lacking"

On street

"I am telling you this is a great truck.. Does a bit of everything and although it is not the best looking truck in or out it makes up for it in ride comfort and good off roading capability.. I am an avid off road rock climber (CJs and TJs) and with 20 years experience I can tell you this truck gets you places you would never think it would.. Like I said I don't use it for that but I have tested it on the trail and the first time you see this truck up in the air on three wheels climbing a frame twister trail you too will be impressed or getting out of 2feet of soft sand after getting stuck,putting in low and locking the diff, up up and away.. I use it to tow my 16ft trailer and put my two dirt bikes in the bed and still get 17-18mpg on the highway.. I average 20mpg without a load on the highway but the best is the ride.. This truck rides just like an Acua MDX(which it is based on)Super comfortable for a truck and seems to be perfectly balanced when coming over a rise.. If you need to get a V8 for heavy towing or cause you are compensating for something else I understand but now adays you can get most everything where it needs to go with a V6 without having to take a mortgage out for the gas..."

On street

Why doesn' t everyone own one?

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Great price then, kinda has gone up since 07"

Cons: "air conditioning in weak , needs tinted windows"

"I think sometimes this truck gets a bad rap. We have towed a huge trailer, went 4 wheeling in Pismo(used the trunk for an ice chest) and recently drove through the mountains in chains only conditions without ever kicking in 4 wheel drive or putting on chains. Its a pleasure to drive, very low maintenance and has incredible retail value. It does whatever a so called big truck can do except it fits in a garage and parking spot at the mall!"

Best car I have ever owned by far!!

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"This truck does it all. Rides great, quiet, dependable..... My buddies all give me grief because I don't drive a "real" man's truck. They call my Ridgeline a Cheerleader truck. Fine by me. I have had my Ridgeline in heavy snow, off-road in mud and on the beach. It never fails me. Can not find a single thing I don't like about it. I have never been able to say that about any other vehicle I have owned. You get what you pay for with this Honda."

Best Pick up ever!

By on Friday, June 10, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, smooth, fast, stylish"

Cons: "Very hard to see backing up."

"I'm a city boy who always wanted a pick-up. Now I have one. Great design Honda. Purchased my Ridgeline brand new in 2008, now I have 80,000 miles. And it stills drive and feels new. If you want a universal truck this is it."