2011 Honda Ridgeline Consumer Reviews

Great Truck for a specific segment

By on Sunday, November 30, 2008

"This is a great truck. I have had everything from 3/4 ton Chevys, to an S-10, to two different Chevy Avalanches. All are great trucks. But like motorcycles, a truck needs to be suited to the job you are doing. I live in houston now, and go to the country ranch occasionally. This truck is perfect for me. The in-bed trunk and crew cab config make this as functional as a large sedan in town, and the 5' bed and full time 4wd make this awesome for the rural excursion. It make lack a 4wd lo gear, but I can tell you this thing will walk through loose sand like it is going down the freeway. I outperformed a big Dodge Dually 4x4 out at the beach and just laughed. Granted, it is not gonna pull a big dual axle trailer down the road, but I pull my 18ft boat with ease. It could use a larger V6 or a small V8, but for the most part, it is adequately powered. It handles like a sports car, and is as comfortable as a cadillac. Bottomline, if you need a conventional truck for everyday rugged use, then get that. If you need a truck that handles real day to day life, then this is the best you can do."

very impressed

By on Tuesday, February 01, 2011

"I have always had 3/4 tons (GM and Dodge), although I really never needed them... My wife talked me into looking at a Ridgeline. Once I took one for a test drive, I was sold. it is everything 99% of the truck driving public really needs! Wide, 5' bed is perfect size. The large locking in-storage trunk is used all the time to protect gear from the elements. I have taken it off roading during hunting season and it had better traction (thanks to VTM front and rear locking differentials) than my buddies 1/2 tons... And then there is the ride, pure comfort! My friend traded his Ford F150 on one about 6 months ago. He recently told me the Ridgline is the best truck he has ever owned. I couldn't agree more!"

Great Choice!

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"I work in a open-pit mining environment, and this is a work vehicle. I was concerned the suspension was to tight to handle all the bumps and knocks that our work trucks take, but the 2007 RTL handles them beautifully, and is a pleasant drive home once back on pavement. I hate trucks, but I love this vehicle! The cabin is HUGE, and versitle. I live out in the country, and people tease me about my "city truck", until they get in side and ride in it. (first I have to take the kid seats out and put them in the trunk, which blows people away) then they start asking questions like "how many miles to the gallon?" (I avg about 21mpg) or "do you ever use that trunk?" (which I then remind them thats where the kid seats went) and I get an "oh, yeah... " then they get quiet as they think to themselves, wish my truck did that... Or at night, when I turn on the bed lights, to unload something its far brighter than any of my friends/coworker's vehicles. The only down sides are the angled back fins of the truck bed require you to be extra careful when changing lanes, and in the RTL, the seats can be a little stiff on a 5 hour drive. And as everyone has already stated, the bed scratches, but thats why we have a Ridgeline, and not an Accord."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted