• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2011 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 645 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Love it !

By on Friday, November 29, 2013

Pros: "very fun to drive, comfortable ride"

Cons: "blind spots, hard to see backing up"

"I bought my Ridgeline as a demo with 5000 miles on it. It now has 126K. I have never had an problems out of it. Just put a new timing belt on it (recommended at 100K)and do regular oil changes and maintenance. I have had it on snow covered rough mountain roads and did not get stuck. It does have blind spots and is hard to back up but convex mirrors on the side mirrors help. I would definitely buy it again, waiting on a new body style to come out. Until then, I'll drive it till the wheels fall off."

Most versatile medium size truck ever made.

By on Monday, November 25, 2013

Pros: "versatility , car like ride, great view of road,"

Cons: "only 18-20 mpg, costly brand new"

"This truck/SUV has been thought out so well that every type of situation that I have run into where I have hauled people, equipment, furniture, camping stuff or whatever has been super easy. Maintenance has been very reasonable with only normal routine items. I have followed the owers manual for maintenance for service intervals with great success. You must use a Honda dealer to perform higher level maintenence or risk lousy repairs though. Also some Honda dealers have under qualified mechanics who don't know what they are talking about. I used two different dealers to compare until I finally figured out which one had the good mechanics. I added a RANCHO Brand 2" suspension lift kit to the truck with fantastic results. I can't get this thing stuck in the worst of mud. I have pulled out stock jeeps from the same mud holes. DO NOT PUT LARGER TIRE DIAMETER TIRES ON THIS VEHICLE. You Awesome."

Bought my first TRUCK!

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, in bed trunk, has power, looks"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I love my truck! I'm 23 and needed something reliable for college. I wanted a truck but did not need a big growling F150 or Silverado. Some say it's not a "real truck", but half of them don't even use the F150's and other trucks for their real intentions anyways. I wanted something that could get me back and forth from school and haul things when I needed to. This truck meets all my needs. I love the looks I get at gas stations. I have mine in white. The tires are blacked out and so are the door handles and running boards. It looks really nice. The gas mileage is OK, but what are you going to do? The power is great as well, it can really get up and go when you need it! I love the in-bed trunk. Every time I open it people are amazed!"

Best truck ever made! Extras make it the ultimate!

By on Saturday, November 02, 2013

Pros: "rides great, tons of extra features, 4X4 rocks!"

Cons: "Ummm...Honda could make the price more lower? LOL!"

"With the trunk in the bed, the drop down back seat drink holders, the slider console, the double opening tailgate, and many, many more special features this truck has, it is the best truck out there! I have owned Ford, Dodge, Chevy and GMC and this Honda out lasts, out runs, out shines, out does itself in every way! I highly recommend the Ridgeline!!!"

Best truck out there.

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "Everything except the one con below"

Cons: "Mileage: 15 city 20 Hwy. Same as domestic trucks"

'08 RT / Suspension lift

"It has a slightly smaller appearance than a full size domestic truck, but it has plenty of interior room and will comfortably sit five adult passengers. Yes, ALL Ridgelines are four wheel drive (4x4). (4WD)"

'08 RT / Suspension lift

Multi-purpose

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "A fun truck"

"I had my eye on the Ridgeline before they ever hit the dealerships. I compared every make and model against the Ridgeline. If you need a truck "as just a work truck" this is not for you. This truck rides like an expensive road car, "Smooth & Quiet" but can also work like a truck. With a 5 foot bed, it can haul just about anything for your weekend projects along with boats, trailers and some travel trailers. There is little to zero cab noise on the road. The extra space in the "trunk" under the bed is awesome & holds a large amount of grocery bags."

radio reception not good

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "it is a nice truck for people who does not work fo"

Cons: "radio reception no good"

"To everyone out there that has a Honda ridgeline, pilot, or any other model that has no outside antenna and getting bad FM reception. I just bought a 2013 ridgeline truck with the nav system. The truck is fine except for the radio. Anytime I am around a telephone pole I lose reception. It has been at the dealers for a week now and they have replaced the antenna cable, amplifier, and antenna. I still lose all reception. On one of the road trials they hooked up a temporary outside antenna and the reception was great. But Honda told them to replace the parts. I realize that the truck looks good without the antenna sticking out of the roof but it seems there is a problem with it. I have talked to people that have a 2006, 2008, 2011 and 2013 ridgeline. They all said that the reception is bad. They have gone to the dealership and they told them there is nothing they can do. You will have to live with it. I have been in contact with a Honda representative and they said they will bring it up at a meeting to see if there have been any other complaints. But until they think there is a problem there is nothing they can do unless a design technician says there is a problem. So everyone out there that has a problem with the radio reception should call Honda and complain about it. Then they might look into it and say yes we have a problem. My 2010 chevy has no problem at all."

best truck, i ever owned.

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "In the past 6 years ,it never broke down."

"The 2007 RTL cost me $48.000.00 a bit high, but I have all the extra in it."

Excellent Family Truck

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Pricing, driving comfort, storage and utility"

Cons: "For me, none"

"My family and I love this truck. The styling is good and the utility for a family is excellent. The under bed water proof 'trunk' is a perfect place to put your shopping and groceries out of sight and locked. It has a drain port as well so you can load the trunk with ice. There is ample storage area inside the cab as well. The rear seats fold up and will allow larger items to be placed in the area. Driving comfort is a pleasure with a smooth ride and good control. We have experienced an overall average of 22 MPG with highway milage peaking at 25 with cruise control at 65 MPH and a city driving milage at 19. 4 wheel drive is a big plus. If you pull a boat or a small travel trailer that will work. The Ridgeline will pull up to 5000 pounds of load, but remember, this is a family vehicle, not a big V8 work horse. But, if you need a good pickup for the every day family, the Ridgeline should be your choice."

Love my Ridgeline and everything about it!

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Cons: "gas mileage but I usually avg 19+"

"This truck is a great fit for me. Roomy inside, put the grandkids with car seats in the back; you don't have to stoop over. Throw their bikes, trikes, scooters in the back and go!"

Bought truck newLove it.

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Car/truck combined"

Cons: "Needs better gas mileage rating"

"Have had no problems with my truck. Have had it serviced regularly. New tires make it ride like new"

2012 RTL Previous 2006 RTL Can't Beat this Vehice

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Great value, SUV ride with truck capability."

Cons: "None just great trucks the '06 and the'12."

"I bought one in 2006, never had to do anything except change fluids and battery after 5 years. Bought a 2012 RTL with Navi last year to replace the first one. Not a work truck buy very versatile and as stated reliable beyond relief. It is an SUV with an open bed. Can not imagine driving anything else. On car trips the kids rather take the Ridgeline than Mom's Lexus RX350."

Best Truck Value out there....if you don't tow

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Value, Value, Value"

Cons: "interior sound and appoinments"

"Go anywhere, anytime, all the time? Then this is your truck. From desert heat, the cold of Gunnison, Highway speeds or slogging out to goose pits this truck never disappoints. This truck does not hold up to Chev or Ford in several areas (sound, size, power) but where it excells ( Cost, MPG, maint costs, handling, trunk and bed access) prove to be larger assets than liabilities. The V6 provides all the power to load up with people, dogs and gear and roll anywhere you want, at any speed you want. I bought mine brand new in 2006 and had the timing belt service at 110K. Approx 50K of the miles on mine were dirt roads and ranch trails of eastern Colorado so at 120K I opted for new struts as the front left strut bearing was making a racket. I try to keep up with regular maintenance (oil, gear box fluids, etc) but otherwise this truck has been a dream to own. Favorite feature: Trunk built into the bed. Why the other manufacturers have not duplicated this feature is beyond reason."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Rides like a car but versatile"

Cons: "Gas mileage,no auto headlights"

"Only negative is the gas mileage, this is the best most versatile mid size pick up and options package is great. I just wish it got better mpg."

luv my truck

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "best all-around truck"

"This truck is comfortable and solid. Doors shut tightly and don't sound like a tin can. I have many extras like tow package, Nav, Blue Tooth, tube-style running boards, backup camera, sonar on the bumpers, etc. The best part about this truck is the rear tailgate. Drop down or open like a door. Lockable trunk when away on a hockey weekend and things are too big for the cabin. I would buy another Ridgeline in a minute."

Would buy again

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Comfort. Utility. Driveability."

Cons: "Gas mileage. Low undercarriage. Plastic bumpers."

"Got this as a repo at a GREAT price because I had wanted one since they first came out. It's what I call a "soccer mom" truck, too low to the ground for me to take to the woods and bird-hunt raggedy old logging roads, but it drives like the living room sofa and handles like a charm. Not the greatest gas mileage but it's worth it for the convenience, reliability and comfort--not to mention that fantastic trunk in the bed that holds all my tools. I love this truck."

Section where brake light is mounted on rear roof.

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Truck is fair"

Cons: "Honda will not stand behind there product."

"Section where brake light is mounted on rear roof, blew off three to six month after paying $34,000,00. I was hearing something flab I did not know what it was. Dealer would not replace call Company rep. They did not stand behind truck. Would not buy a Honda Ridgeline again. Next truck will definitely be a Toyota or anything but a honda."

Best vehicle I've owned

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Maintenance is cheap, comfortable drive"

Cons: "Short bed, Low Towing Capacity"

"One must not go looking at this vehicle if they are expecting a full size truck, since it is clearly not. However, it is a perfect median between an SUV and a pick up truck. It's not too large and its not too small. It also drives much smoother than any other truck out there, feels like you are driving a car/suv. I've been towing my motorcycle enclosed trailer with this up and down the east coast since it was brand new, and I have never experienced a problem with it. Not even a check engine light... (knock on wood). The maintenance is by far one of the best in most vehicles I've seen, and the brakes/tires last 80k plus easily. Don't overlook this truck."

Best truck/SUV I ever owned

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of room and storage. LOVE IT"

Cons: "It can't tow my horse trailer like I was told"

"I own a 2000 Toyota Tundra with lots of miles and its for sale too, but it runs like a top. It doesn't feel anything like this Ridgeline though. The Ridgeline is like a car with the ability to use as a pick up with hidden truck space. If I didn't have to sell it, I certainly wouldn't be. Why bounce around in a truck when you have the luxury ride of this vehicle with truck features."

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"I was debating whether to get a Toyota Tacoma or the Ridgeline. I am so glad I got the Ridgeline. It acts like a car and a truck. It handles beautifully in ice and snow situations. The hidden trunk is a very useful feature. After 125000 miles I have only really changed the oil when it tells me to, and I have bought two sets of tires. That's it! I will drive this until it becomes dust, then I will drive the dust. Then I will go buy another Ridgeline!!!"

Great truck for travel and light towing.

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Turning radius too wide"

"Great trunk for travel and light hauling and towing. No major mechanical problems in 48000 miles. Had minor problems with heater/AC fan which required fan replacement. Only complaint is wide turning radius which causes problems when trying to get into parking spaces."

2006 Ridgeline RTL w/Navigation Awesome!!

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable with great ride and fun to drive."

Cons: "cup holders in front doors"

"I bought this truck brand new in July 2005. I have never and I mean never had one issue with this truck. I love this truck and love to drive it. I just had the brakes done and still had pads left and these were original brakes. This truck has exceeded my expectations but I am not surprised since we have owned Honda's since 1987. I had told the Honda corporation to make a truck way back in 1997 and told them if they did I would be one of the first to buy it. The back seats fold up and my two German Shepherds love to ride back there on their dog beds. This is one awesome truck and would purchase again in a heartbeat."

4.5 yrs 90k+ miles love it!

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "weak a/c, very limited room in truck bed."

Cons: "comfort, ride, functional interior, reliability."

"Has been a great truck/car and friend to me. I have enjoyed it and it's been very reliable for me. Honda builds a great product and this has been no exception. Would like to have better fuel economy, but for a vehicle this size it's about what to be expected. i average about 19. love the GPS and satellite radio. A/c is a little weak when it gets extremely hot. Very comfortable seating and interior, rides like a luxury sedan. Highly recommended!"

Best little Pickup

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, feels solid, great storage"

Cons: "thin skin body, hood, tailgate and door alignment"

2008 Honda Ridgeline

"This is my second Ridgeline RTL 2011, I also had the 2008. I love this thing. Such a nice ride and no mechanical problems. The storage features are great. I don't know what people are complaining about with the acceleration. I think it has great power. I pull a 26ft pontoon and don't know its there. Great in the snow. Not recommended for off roading, its a car not a truck."

2008 Honda Ridgeline

Great value

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "good value"

Cons: "can't think of any"

"the 2007 looks just like the 2013 and has every year in between. The truck runs good, looks good and always looks like a new model, because they don't change."