2010 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 680 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Safe, practical vehicle

By on Sunday, June 21, 2009

"So many people bad mouth the Ridgeline and it really irritates me. And if you can guess, they all are truck owners. How many truck owners haul concrete, gravel or extremely heavy items on a regular basis. Zero that I know. If this is what you do, don't buy a Ridgeline. If you need a vehicle for an occational trip to Home Depot (like 90 percent of people) and you want a vehicle that rides like a car, seats 5 comfortably,has a 5 star safety rating (8 airbags, traction and stability control, ABS brakes) - all standard, then this is the vehicle for you. Another awesome feature this truck has that no others thought of is a tailgate that opens both vertical and horizonal and has a lockable sealed trunk under the bed, this is also where the spare tire is (dry and easy to get to, not under the vehicle exposed to rain, rust, dirt and salt). It can also hold 4x8 sheets of plywood or sheetrock flat between the wheel wells... granted you have to keep the tailgate down but BIG DEAL, how often are you doing that. Another feature that a lot of people don't know is it's front wheel drive all the time and 4 wheel drive when needed (automatically). No other truck is like this, (again, perfect for 90 percent of people). I've driven a lot of trucks and this one BY FAR feels more safe and stable. The only thing I wish this truck had is a little more power. Shop around, I got $7700 off list. For that, it is a no brainer. Even if you don't save that much, this truck is a bargain. And it's a HONDA--RELIABLE!! Need I say more?"

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Saturday, April 11, 2009

"The best overall vehicle I owned in 43 yrs of driving. I will replace it without hesitation with another Ridgeline. Good news for 2009 more lower and middle range power. I get 19-20 highway and 16.5 city mpgs and I drive it with a heavy foot. I highly recommend the Ridgeline for medium towing and hauling uses. It drives and rides very smoothly under all road conditions including rough dirt roads."

more than expected

By on Thursday, January 1, 2009

"I have had numerous full size and mini trucks I was happy with all of them. However none match my Honda in comfort and gas mileage. I don't know if I just drive differently or what but I get 18 in the city and 21-22 on the highway. I admit it will not haul as much as a standard pick-up but the in bed trunk makes up for it. I have owned it for 1 yr and already have decided that when the time comes I will buy another. I am an avid fisherman and hunter and the 4wd is more than adequate. I have also had it in Wisconsin in 4 foot deep snow and no problem. Definitely a best buy."

great overall vehicle

By on Monday, October 20, 2008

"This truck has it all.....lots of storage, room for 5 people and good interior design. We drive to Florida every yr and have found this to be great on the road. Suggest a cover for the bed..it gives a better look. Also a pin stripe. mpg: 15 and 22 hwy. Wife loves it."

Honda Ridgeline

By on Sunday, February 10, 2008

"This is a great truck for someone that is only doing light truck work. The engine is underpowered with only 6 cylinders. Combined with a short bed, I wouldn't really recommend the Ridgeline if you're looking for a work truck. However, I'm very satisfied with the comfort of the truck. The interior is nice and roomy for a mid-size truck. I LOVE the full sized back seats with the fold up seats. I really like the fact that I can put the seats up and let my dogs run around back there without having to worry about my leather. The suspension and the ride of the truck is fantastic. It does NOT ride like a regular pick up truck. I love the comfort level of the interior of the truck. It's really great for people that want a truck without sacrificing comfort or luxury. The bed of the truck is really nice for the fact that the tail gate opens both down and out. I LOVE the in-bed truck for storage of all my extra junk. It's nice to still have all that without having it in the way or myself or my passenger. Why I love my truck a) I really like the style of the vehicle 2) I like that it's a truck and I have truck features without sacrificing the comfort level of the vehicle 3) the ride -- this thing does NOT ride like a truck 4) comfortability inside the cab 5) full size back seats with fold up seats 6) dual action tail action with a full size trunk!! My biggest complaints about this vehicle are 1) engine -- slightly underpowered so it has to work really hard to get up hills and such which doesn't make for great gas mileage 2) rear visibility is not the greatest -- you have to be REALLY careful backing up b/c there are huge blind spots 3) turning radius is unreal. it turns worse than a RAM 1500. honestly ...."

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned

By on Friday, February 1, 2008

"I've owned this truck just under 2 years. I bought it used with 12,000 miles on it. Not 1 problem has come up. It's like my Civic for reliability... put gas in it, change the fluids, rotate the tires and replace the wiper blades. That's it!! I still am amazed how comfortable it is. I'm a big guy, 6' 1", 270 lbs. and this truck fits me fine. A friend of mine owns an Avalance. He was amazed how much cab room was in my truck compared to his! I highly recommend it to anyone who doen't need a full-size truck."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"I purchased this truck two and a half years ago and it is without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned. I loved this truck right from the beginning, and that sentiment has only gotten stronger over the last 85,000 miles. Other than routine maintainance, this truck has not cost me a dime. As a matter of fact I'm just now shopping for tires to replace the original Michelins which actually still have a decent amount of tread on them but are starting to develop cracks in between the tread grooves. I can't say enough good about this truck. It gives a supremely comfortable ride and is very quiet inside to the extent that it is almost like driving a luxury car. It is rugged as a tank, handles like a sports car and besides all of that, it's actually a lot of fun off road too. Honestly, the only thing it lacks as a true off road truck is a low range, which I've honestly never missed. Interestingly, around the same time that I purchased my Ridgeline, my brother purchased a new Ford F150. He had been telling me how much he liked his new truck until one day I let him drive the Honda. He actually traded his new Ford in on a Ridgeline a week later! He now has 70,000 miles on his and it's been every bit as bullet proof as mine. To say that I'm sold on this truck would be a tremendous understatement."

Wow!

By on Saturday, November 17, 2007

"I bought one of the first in Kansas City! I traded a 2003 Colorado and went from worst to first. Every time I want a feature, I look around and it's there! The thoughtful engineering, the handling, the fun, and the utility of driving this truck are beyond compare! Holy cow! I out-corner small cars on highway ramps, I out-accelerate other trucks - especially in wet weather. The balance is 55/45 instead of the usual 75/25, so I don't just sit and spin. The tailgate is SO nice! I dont have to lean over 2 feet before i even get to the bed of the truck! The trunk is great for camping and tailgating. You can fit a lot of your favorite gear and/or beverage in there! I could go on for a loooong time about this truck. I can't believe I've had it for TWO years! It seems like a month! Wow! I had the Colorado for 13 months and it seemed like 50 years. It was a P.O.S. I will hang onto my Ridgeline for years and years. I've had no problems and my gas mileage is 19 in town (I try not to leadfoot it) and about 23-24 on freeway. I can carry about a half-cord of wood in my bed (unsplit logs). I even had an accident a year ago - the other car was totaled and I was able to drive away! This is a tough, well-thought out truck. My 16 year old son wants me to give it him as his first vehicle. Yeah, as if. I like it too much. Maybe in 20 years."

MY WISH LIST

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE OPTION TO SEAT THREE PEOPLE IN THE FRONT WITH STORAGE TRAYS UNDERNEATH SEAT, A SMALL V-8 ENGINE TO IMPROVE FUEL ECONOMY WHILE YIELDING A SMOOTHER ACCELLERATION, AND LASTLY, I WOULD LIKE ONE OF THE POWER OUTLETS IN THE VEHICLE TO STAY HOT EVEN WHEN THE VEHICLE IS OFF.... SHORT OF MY WISH LIST, I WOULD CHOOSE THIS VEHICLE TEN TIMES OVER MY AVALANCHE I TRADED IN FOR IT."

07 Ridgeline

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"I love the vehicle with one exception: It does not tow as well as I expected. It really works hard up hills with just a cargo carrier with a quad inside. Most of my friends tow, and that is the reason I would not recommend this vehicle. If one does absolutely no towing, then it is the vehicle for them."