• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 639 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

radio reception not good

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "it is a nice truck for people who does not work fo"

Cons: "radio reception no good"

"To everyone out there that has a Honda ridgeline, pilot, or any other model that has no outside antenna and getting bad FM reception. I just bought a 2013 ridgeline truck with the nav system. The truck is fine except for the radio. Anytime I am around a telephone pole I lose reception. It has been at the dealers for a week now and they have replaced the antenna cable, amplifier, and antenna. I still lose all reception. On one of the road trials they hooked up a temporary outside antenna and the reception was great. But Honda told them to replace the parts. I realize that the truck looks good without the antenna sticking out of the roof but it seems there is a problem with it. I have talked to people that have a 2006, 2008, 2011 and 2013 ridgeline. They all said that the reception is bad. They have gone to the dealership and they told them there is nothing they can do. You will have to live with it. I have been in contact with a Honda representative and they said they will bring it up at a meeting to see if there have been any other complaints. But until they think there is a problem there is nothing they can do unless a design technician says there is a problem. So everyone out there that has a problem with the radio reception should call Honda and complain about it. Then they might look into it and say yes we have a problem. My 2010 chevy has no problem at all."

best truck, i ever owned.

By on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pros: "In the past 6 years ,it never broke down."

"The 2007 RTL cost me $48.000.00 a bit high, but I have all the extra in it."

Excellent Family Truck

By on Sunday, September 29, 2013

Pros: "Pricing, driving comfort, storage and utility"

Cons: "For me, none"

"My family and I love this truck. The styling is good and the utility for a family is excellent. The under bed water proof 'trunk' is a perfect place to put your shopping and groceries out of sight and locked. It has a drain port as well so you can load the trunk with ice. There is ample storage area inside the cab as well. The rear seats fold up and will allow larger items to be placed in the area. Driving comfort is a pleasure with a smooth ride and good control. We have experienced an overall average of 22 MPG with highway milage peaking at 25 with cruise control at 65 MPH and a city driving milage at 19. 4 wheel drive is a big plus. If you pull a boat or a small travel trailer that will work. The Ridgeline will pull up to 5000 pounds of load, but remember, this is a family vehicle, not a big V8 work horse. But, if you need a good pickup for the every day family, the Ridgeline should be your choice."

Love my Ridgeline and everything about it!

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Cons: "gas mileage but I usually avg 19+"

"This truck is a great fit for me. Roomy inside, put the grandkids with car seats in the back; you don't have to stoop over. Throw their bikes, trikes, scooters in the back and go!"

Bought truck newLove it.

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Car/truck combined"

Cons: "Needs better gas mileage rating"

"Have had no problems with my truck. Have had it serviced regularly. New tires make it ride like new"

2012 RTL Previous 2006 RTL Can't Beat this Vehice

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "Great value, SUV ride with truck capability."

Cons: "None just great trucks the '06 and the'12."

"I bought one in 2006, never had to do anything except change fluids and battery after 5 years. Bought a 2012 RTL with Navi last year to replace the first one. Not a work truck buy very versatile and as stated reliable beyond relief. It is an SUV with an open bed. Can not imagine driving anything else. On car trips the kids rather take the Ridgeline than Mom's Lexus RX350."

Best Truck Value out there....if you don't tow

By on Thursday, August 15, 2013

Pros: "Value, Value, Value"

Cons: "interior sound and appoinments"

"Go anywhere, anytime, all the time? Then this is your truck. From desert heat, the cold of Gunnison, Highway speeds or slogging out to goose pits this truck never disappoints. This truck does not hold up to Chev or Ford in several areas (sound, size, power) but where it excells ( Cost, MPG, maint costs, handling, trunk and bed access) prove to be larger assets than liabilities. The V6 provides all the power to load up with people, dogs and gear and roll anywhere you want, at any speed you want. I bought mine brand new in 2006 and had the timing belt service at 110K. Approx 50K of the miles on mine were dirt roads and ranch trails of eastern Colorado so at 120K I opted for new struts as the front left strut bearing was making a racket. I try to keep up with regular maintenance (oil, gear box fluids, etc) but otherwise this truck has been a dream to own. Favorite feature: Trunk built into the bed. Why the other manufacturers have not duplicated this feature is beyond reason."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Rides like a car but versatile"

Cons: "Gas mileage,no auto headlights"

"Only negative is the gas mileage, this is the best most versatile mid size pick up and options package is great. I just wish it got better mpg."

luv my truck

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "best all-around truck"

"This truck is comfortable and solid. Doors shut tightly and don't sound like a tin can. I have many extras like tow package, Nav, Blue Tooth, tube-style running boards, backup camera, sonar on the bumpers, etc. The best part about this truck is the rear tailgate. Drop down or open like a door. Lockable trunk when away on a hockey weekend and things are too big for the cabin. I would buy another Ridgeline in a minute."

Would buy again

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Comfort. Utility. Driveability."

Cons: "Gas mileage. Low undercarriage. Plastic bumpers."

"Got this as a repo at a GREAT price because I had wanted one since they first came out. It's what I call a "soccer mom" truck, too low to the ground for me to take to the woods and bird-hunt raggedy old logging roads, but it drives like the living room sofa and handles like a charm. Not the greatest gas mileage but it's worth it for the convenience, reliability and comfort--not to mention that fantastic trunk in the bed that holds all my tools. I love this truck."

Section where brake light is mounted on rear roof.

By on Thursday, July 11, 2013

Pros: "Truck is fair"

Cons: "Honda will not stand behind there product."

"Section where brake light is mounted on rear roof, blew off three to six month after paying $34,000,00. I was hearing something flab I did not know what it was. Dealer would not replace call Company rep. They did not stand behind truck. Would not buy a Honda Ridgeline again. Next truck will definitely be a Toyota or anything but a honda."

Best vehicle I've owned

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Maintenance is cheap, comfortable drive"

Cons: "Short bed, Low Towing Capacity"

"One must not go looking at this vehicle if they are expecting a full size truck, since it is clearly not. However, it is a perfect median between an SUV and a pick up truck. It's not too large and its not too small. It also drives much smoother than any other truck out there, feels like you are driving a car/suv. I've been towing my motorcycle enclosed trailer with this up and down the east coast since it was brand new, and I have never experienced a problem with it. Not even a check engine light... (knock on wood). The maintenance is by far one of the best in most vehicles I've seen, and the brakes/tires last 80k plus easily. Don't overlook this truck."

Best truck/SUV I ever owned

By on Sunday, June 23, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of room and storage. LOVE IT"

Cons: "It can't tow my horse trailer like I was told"

"I own a 2000 Toyota Tundra with lots of miles and its for sale too, but it runs like a top. It doesn't feel anything like this Ridgeline though. The Ridgeline is like a car with the ability to use as a pick up with hidden truck space. If I didn't have to sell it, I certainly wouldn't be. Why bounce around in a truck when you have the luxury ride of this vehicle with truck features."

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"I was debating whether to get a Toyota Tacoma or the Ridgeline. I am so glad I got the Ridgeline. It acts like a car and a truck. It handles beautifully in ice and snow situations. The hidden trunk is a very useful feature. After 125000 miles I have only really changed the oil when it tells me to, and I have bought two sets of tires. That's it! I will drive this until it becomes dust, then I will drive the dust. Then I will go buy another Ridgeline!!!"

Great truck for travel and light towing.

By on Saturday, May 25, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Turning radius too wide"

"Great trunk for travel and light hauling and towing. No major mechanical problems in 48000 miles. Had minor problems with heater/AC fan which required fan replacement. Only complaint is wide turning radius which causes problems when trying to get into parking spaces."

2006 Ridgeline RTL w/Navigation Awesome!!

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable with great ride and fun to drive."

Cons: "cup holders in front doors"

"I bought this truck brand new in July 2005. I have never and I mean never had one issue with this truck. I love this truck and love to drive it. I just had the brakes done and still had pads left and these were original brakes. This truck has exceeded my expectations but I am not surprised since we have owned Honda's since 1987. I had told the Honda corporation to make a truck way back in 1997 and told them if they did I would be one of the first to buy it. The back seats fold up and my two German Shepherds love to ride back there on their dog beds. This is one awesome truck and would purchase again in a heartbeat."

4.5 yrs 90k+ miles love it!

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "weak a/c, very limited room in truck bed."

Cons: "comfort, ride, functional interior, reliability."

"Has been a great truck/car and friend to me. I have enjoyed it and it's been very reliable for me. Honda builds a great product and this has been no exception. Would like to have better fuel economy, but for a vehicle this size it's about what to be expected. i average about 19. love the GPS and satellite radio. A/c is a little weak when it gets extremely hot. Very comfortable seating and interior, rides like a luxury sedan. Highly recommended!"

Best little Pickup

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, feels solid, great storage"

Cons: "thin skin body, hood, tailgate and door alignment"

2008 Honda Ridgeline

"This is my second Ridgeline RTL 2011, I also had the 2008. I love this thing. Such a nice ride and no mechanical problems. The storage features are great. I don't know what people are complaining about with the acceleration. I think it has great power. I pull a 26ft pontoon and don't know its there. Great in the snow. Not recommended for off roading, its a car not a truck."

2008 Honda Ridgeline

Great value

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "good value"

Cons: "can't think of any"

"the 2007 looks just like the 2013 and has every year in between. The truck runs good, looks good and always looks like a new model, because they don't change."

Best vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "handling and comfort"

Cons: "acceleration, visibility and plastic accessories"

"Most "pro" ratings give poor marks to the Ridge because of the lack of options. If you are looking for a 4 door, 4wd short box with all the safety features it cannot be beat. I drive in the winter with snow tires (no chains) and the truck reacts perfectly, no spinning, no skiding no slipping! The only thing that could be better is acceleration at medium speeds on the highway. The interior has good finish but I have had a few plastic parts break (cup holder, console storage and seat retract). The truck has had no mechanical problems in the 8 years I have owned it. That is surprising for the first model year of a new design."

Awesome vehicle

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "everything"

"Best Vehicle I ever owned!"

very functional for work and pleasure

By on Saturday, January 12, 2013

Pros: "no major problems since owning it"

Cons: "bubbling on leather of driver's seat"

"The Ridgeline is a replacement for a 1994 Ford Ranger. I bought the Ranger used and had a gazillion problems with it, even though I kept regular maintenance on it. I know that I had the Ranger towed about 12 times due to engine light coming on and it not starting. I finally got tired of paying new money on an older vehicle and on older parts. The Ridgeline has been so wonderful to not have any major problems in the last 4 years that I have owned it. I bought the Ridgeline used in 2009 with only 7,800 miles on it from a local Honda Dealership. I have only replaced the battery and I have had the back brakes replaced, along with all the scheduled oil changes, maintenance and auto butler. Auto butler has been wonderful in keeping the exterior paint looking like new. Florida sun can really fade an exterior paint on a vehicle. The driver's side seat's leather has bubbled in a small area. I had the seat reupholstered while under warranty. The seat bubbled again in the same spot. Honda dealership wanted nearly $900.00 for a reupholster. I ended up just putting a couple of band aids on the area so it wouldn't rip further. The cargo space under the bed holds all my tools for work, except for my brooms and small rakes, which fit under the back seat storage. The front seats are extremely comfortable for long rides. I put buying the Ridgeline in my 5 top best things I ever did for myself category."

excellent overall vehicle choice.

By on Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, lotsof room, trunk in bed"

Cons: "overall design, gas mileage, rubber door trim"

"This is my second Ridgeline. My first was 2006, traded for new 2012. Even my wife loves this truck. Ride is good, plenty of room, handles well. This truck is very reliable, with a great trade in value. Holds its price well. Try and find a good used Ridgeline. My 2006 was on the lot ONE day. The rubber around the doors seem to be a little problem. My 2006 had one door with the rubber coming off and the 2012 now has two doors with the problem. Gas mileage is at 14-16 in town, 21 one the road.Should be better. The 2006 models had odometer problems, hopefully that has been corrected.Some tire noise. Overall great vehicle."

Most dislike the acceleration override

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Trunk and tailgate, smooth ride, high profile, AWD"

Cons: "paint, fabric seats, acceleration override"

"Here is the scoop. I love this car even though the following things are irksome. Paint job is easily scratched, seats are stained to no end WITH WATER!, wiper blades don't stand up, visibility is poor, snow cable chains smack the shock casing, but these things don't bother me because it is a truck. BUT the most irritating thing is the accelerator override. When car feels like you are in danger, it doesn't allow you to accelerate. This keep you from pitching around in the dirt and such, but most importantly, it keeps you from evasive maneuvering when you are actually in danger. For example, I was just sliding sideways(with front chains) during a wicked snow storm, I needed to punch the gas to right myself, and the car just didn't react. I do, however, recommend this car ( I have a F350 for real work) and don't get me wrong, I am bummed that they aren't making it anymore."

Most versitile vehicle I have ever owned

By on Saturday, December 08, 2012

Pros: "Versatility, reliability, towing, storage, comfort"

Cons: "Price, depreciation,"

"For my family's active life, this truck is a perfect fit. Does everything I can ask for. Only had a few minor problems so far. Dome light quirky, rear seat retract mechanism, TPM sensor."