• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2010 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 667 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Love my chick truck!

By on Monday, April 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy and its a truck!"

Cons: "Seats stain easy for some reason."

"I own a 2009 Ridgline with 61000 miles on it. I have yet to have any service on this, however, my mechanic at last inspection said new brakes by winter! Mileage 18 to 20. Rides smooth, lots of room in the interior. I take car of this vehicle plan to own it a long time.. Looked up selling value and happy to see how it holds its value."

I LOVE THIS TRUCK !!!

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Storage Storage Storage!!! If you are looking for a truck that can do it all - go drive the Honda Ridgeline for a day or two. I did & I was sold! Honda has done a great job designing this truck to be so many things. It hauls (I have a boat it hauls w/np), it's a passenger SUV, and you can store an unbelievable amount of items. The back seats flip up creating an enormous amount of room to store items you don't want in the truck bed. Even with the back seats down you have ample storage under the seats which is nice on trips where people in the back can store articles they want to access during the trip. The TRUNK (THE TRUNK!) under the bed is what sold me on this truck - after the ride and many amenities. Its huge and people are amazed when I flip the tailgate sideways to access it. I own horses, so being able to store saddles, and tack in the trunk (tack is expensive- you don't want to haul it in a truck bed), then carry passengers comfortably and uncrowded is worth every $ paid for this vehicle. Its nice to have some place to store items NOT in the truck bed. I've used this truck for everything - hauling furniture between states, long trips, hauling horses, boats, you name it. I HOPE HONDA changes NOTHING when it comes to storage. Even the console has plenty of storage, door side panels are nice and wide, backs of front seats have storage for maps, etc. I've owned this truck for 3 years (2007 RTL) and have never seen a truck so versatile. The ride is amazing and I've taken it on plenty of long trips. I have no complaints about gas mileage for a truck. On the highway I'm getting up to 350 miles per tank! I have no complaints about in town mileage either. I've heard 2006 owners complain about gas, so maybe Honda made improvements in the 07. The interior is very nice and Honda has added many details - tiny map light that shines down in front of the console, the sliding console for storage and easy access, the leather seats, comfortable steering wheel and AC/Heat and radio nicely placed. The Radio/Cd controls on the steering wheel are nicely placed and don't require you to look away from the road. Honestly, I have not found anything about this vehicle I don't like. I've heard the remarks 'ugliest truck ever made' - but I didn't want something that everyone else had either - the same basic box style pickup truck."

perfect truck for a car

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Perfect alternative for the family person needing a car for daily commute and a pickup for the weekend trip to Home Depot or friends move. Big note - the bed is 50" wide and fits plywood flat ! As everyone else says - the trunk is simply innovative and large. The tapered bed and low tailgate gives great rearview visibility. Speaking of tailgate, two way swing makes getting to the trunk very easy. Owned for two years - gas mileage about 17 which is lower than expected for Honda. Also transmission could be a little smoother, but not a big issue. I wouldn't suggest it for regular towing."

A Truly Satisfying Vehicle.

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"This vehicle does everything I ask of it and does it well. It has a roomy, comfortable interior. Since there is no hump in the floor the foot wells are spacious making long trips seem much less confining. This also adds considerable space in the rear seat area for storage of all sorts of items, such as travel kits, day packs, cameras etc. The controls are well layed out and easy to use. The automatice climate control works so well we just set it and forget it most of the time. The ride is smooth and supple for a vehicle of this size and type and handling is stable and secure under all kinds of conditions. The fully automatic 4-wheel drive is so seamless and unobtrusive that often it is difficult to tell if we are in 2-wheel drive or four wheel drive. This might sound disconcerting to some but once you get accustomed to it you realize it doesn't really matter as long as the vehicle takes you safely whereever you want to go. And it has readily gone everywhere I asked to to go without difficulty. Although it may be a long time before I need to replace this vehicle, I would certainly by another one in a heartbeat."

Smooth Riding Truck

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"I bought a Ridgeline RTL because, simply, it's a Honda. My 4th Honda. The Ridgeline rides smoothly and is extremely funtional. It's like an SUV and truck together in one. The two way tailgate and bedtrunk are both excellent features. The only change I would make is roundef vs. squared Fender wells. With Honda's you always get a very good trade in value, if you take good care of it."

Great, bulletproof, all-weather capable vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Flawless AWD, Great transmission, in-bed trunk"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Polarizing styling"

"I love my 2007 Ridgeline RTL. As of this time I have over 108,000 miles on it and have just done normal maintenance oil changes, VTM, Transmission chnages, Tires at 55-60K, brakes at 60K, and kept up with the 100,000 mile service. My Ridgeline still runs like new. Styling is somewhat polarizing - love it or hate it I cannot beat the utility of the truck. I use the in-bed trunk all the time, and work on top of a mountain. I have make my way to work regardless of the weather and have many times driven by typical 4WD trucks stuck in ditches etc. I love the automatic functions of the AWD system and having it primarily FWD works better in my opinion for folks that don't tow very often. The only low-point with the vehicle is fuel economy. I'm averaging 17-18 MPG in Spring through Fall. With Winter blended fuels, I get 15 MPG. After an accident, I had a loaner Chevy Silverado that got 20 MPG. In my opinion Honda has got to get this truck to 25 MPG to be successful in the next generation. I am waiting on the next-gen, hoping Honda hears many of us and gets it right."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Rides like a car but versatile"

Cons: "Gas mileage,no auto headlights"

"Only negative is the gas mileage, this is the best most versatile mid size pick up and options package is great. I just wish it got better mpg."

4.5 yrs 90k+ miles love it!

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "weak a/c, very limited room in truck bed."

Cons: "comfort, ride, functional interior, reliability."

"Has been a great truck/car and friend to me. I have enjoyed it and it's been very reliable for me. Honda builds a great product and this has been no exception. Would like to have better fuel economy, but for a vehicle this size it's about what to be expected. i average about 19. love the GPS and satellite radio. A/c is a little weak when it gets extremely hot. Very comfortable seating and interior, rides like a luxury sedan. Highly recommended!"

What a car!

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "very roomy, great for trunk storage, & safety"

Cons: "weak for heavy loads"

"This is a fantastic vehicle. It is NOT for those who are into heavy loud truck sounds and looking for the ability to tow thousands of pounds. With that said, I have owned my car since day 1 and now 6 years into it, I have yet to have any problem whatsoever. The car is a machine, and gets the job done. I can see why it has such a high rating. Nicely done, Honda."

Nearly perfect

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Very costly fan/air dial; avoid cloth upholstery"

"I love this truck! It has all of the benefits of a truck but drives and rides like a smooth and very comfortable sedan. The leg room in the back seat is fantastic; we have had passengers 6 ft+ comment on how comfortable the seating is for them. The only reason I am considering purchasing a different Honda (but not giving up my Ridgeline!)is the ever-increasing gas prices. My only complaints about the Ridgeline are: the fabric upholstery is dreadful (the slightest drip of water will leave a permanent stain) and unforgiving, and the dial/transistor for the air conditioner/fan is ridiculously priced to repair as it requires removing the entire panel to replace/repair (close to $800 between part and labor). The engine has been great - no issues. Overall, a fantastic vehicle I would recommend to anyone."