2009 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 665 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

very impressed

By on Tuesday, February 01, 2011

"I have always had 3/4 tons (GM and Dodge), although I really never needed them... My wife talked me into looking at a Ridgeline. Once I took one for a test drive, I was sold. it is everything 99% of the truck driving public really needs! Wide, 5' bed is perfect size. The large locking in-storage trunk is used all the time to protect gear from the elements. I have taken it off roading during hunting season and it had better traction (thanks to VTM front and rear locking differentials) than my buddies 1/2 tons... And then there is the ride, pure comfort! My friend traded his Ford F150 on one about 6 months ago. He recently told me the Ridgline is the best truck he has ever owned. I couldn't agree more!"

Best for sedan/pickup combo on the market

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "Great value and Honda reliabilty and quality"

Cons: "Would like better gas mileage"

"The Ridgeline does everything a residential pick up truck would do for 95% of the chores delegated to a non-commercial vehicle. It has all of the comforts and bells/whistles of a well appointed sedan with the added value of a weekend work horse. All this with a comfortable drive to and from work each day."

200,000 trouble free. Runs great! Bulletproof.

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Pros: "Bulletproof, rock solid!"

Cons: "Lacks some basic features in this trim level"

"What this truck lacks in "bells and whistles" it more than makes up in it's bulletproof reliability. I have 200,000 miles and this truck still rides nearly perfectly. I've towed, offroaded and drove it hard. It may not have been the fastest or most powerful truck/suv on the market but it's given 6 years of flawless service and shows no signs of slowing."

Love my chick truck!

By on Monday, April 16, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, roomy and its a truck!"

Cons: "Seats stain easy for some reason."

"I own a 2009 Ridgline with 61000 miles on it. I have yet to have any service on this, however, my mechanic at last inspection said new brakes by winter! Mileage 18 to 20. Rides smooth, lots of room in the interior. I take car of this vehicle plan to own it a long time.. Looked up selling value and happy to see how it holds its value."

I LOVE THIS TRUCK !!!

By on Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"Storage Storage Storage!!! If you are looking for a truck that can do it all - go drive the Honda Ridgeline for a day or two. I did & I was sold! Honda has done a great job designing this truck to be so many things. It hauls (I have a boat it hauls w/np), it's a passenger SUV, and you can store an unbelievable amount of items. The back seats flip up creating an enormous amount of room to store items you don't want in the truck bed. Even with the back seats down you have ample storage under the seats which is nice on trips where people in the back can store articles they want to access during the trip. The TRUNK (THE TRUNK!) under the bed is what sold me on this truck - after the ride and many amenities. Its huge and people are amazed when I flip the tailgate sideways to access it. I own horses, so being able to store saddles, and tack in the trunk (tack is expensive- you don't want to haul it in a truck bed), then carry passengers comfortably and uncrowded is worth every $ paid for this vehicle. Its nice to have some place to store items NOT in the truck bed. I've used this truck for everything - hauling furniture between states, long trips, hauling horses, boats, you name it. I HOPE HONDA changes NOTHING when it comes to storage. Even the console has plenty of storage, door side panels are nice and wide, backs of front seats have storage for maps, etc. I've owned this truck for 3 years (2007 RTL) and have never seen a truck so versatile. The ride is amazing and I've taken it on plenty of long trips. I have no complaints about gas mileage for a truck. On the highway I'm getting up to 350 miles per tank! I have no complaints about in town mileage either. I've heard 2006 owners complain about gas, so maybe Honda made improvements in the 07. The interior is very nice and Honda has added many details - tiny map light that shines down in front of the console, the sliding console for storage and easy access, the leather seats, comfortable steering wheel and AC/Heat and radio nicely placed. The Radio/Cd controls on the steering wheel are nicely placed and don't require you to look away from the road. Honestly, I have not found anything about this vehicle I don't like. I've heard the remarks 'ugliest truck ever made' - but I didn't want something that everyone else had either - the same basic box style pickup truck."

Excellent with minor quibble's

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Owned my 2006 RT for over 2 years now, currently living in Germany. It is the perfect size for a truck in this country, contemplated buying a Power Wagon prior to the purchase of my Ridgeline, however I could not see the reasoning for a full size with dedicated 4WD. I drive on main roads approximately 98 % of the time. I bought the Ridgeline based upon my previous purchase history, I owned a new Ford for approximately 3 years, loved the car (Contour V6) but at 38K miles the engine had to be replaced without a warranty, I immediately traded in the Contour for a used Honda certified 01 Odyssey, I still have the Odyssey at appr. 100K miles and the only thing I had to replace was a rear seatbelt that I broke at 60K miles which Honda replaced as a safety item, oh and a passenger sliding door latch (my daughter broke). So I went with the Ridgeline, I'm currently at 36K miles, I have not had to change any light bulbs, brakes, tire rotations, tires still have about 50% tread left, The only thing I have done is changed the oil and air filter, and cleaned the battery terminals. I can say this though which I do not like..The seats do stain easily, and they are difficult to clean, as noted in a previous post, I should have Scotchguarded the seats when purchased. The other reason for purchase is RESALE Value..."

perfect truck for a car

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Perfect alternative for the family person needing a car for daily commute and a pickup for the weekend trip to Home Depot or friends move. Big note - the bed is 50" wide and fits plywood flat ! As everyone else says - the trunk is simply innovative and large. The tapered bed and low tailgate gives great rearview visibility. Speaking of tailgate, two way swing makes getting to the trunk very easy. Owned for two years - gas mileage about 17 which is lower than expected for Honda. Also transmission could be a little smoother, but not a big issue. I wouldn't suggest it for regular towing."

A Truly Satisfying Vehicle.

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"This vehicle does everything I ask of it and does it well. It has a roomy, comfortable interior. Since there is no hump in the floor the foot wells are spacious making long trips seem much less confining. This also adds considerable space in the rear seat area for storage of all sorts of items, such as travel kits, day packs, cameras etc. The controls are well layed out and easy to use. The automatice climate control works so well we just set it and forget it most of the time. The ride is smooth and supple for a vehicle of this size and type and handling is stable and secure under all kinds of conditions. The fully automatic 4-wheel drive is so seamless and unobtrusive that often it is difficult to tell if we are in 2-wheel drive or four wheel drive. This might sound disconcerting to some but once you get accustomed to it you realize it doesn't really matter as long as the vehicle takes you safely whereever you want to go. And it has readily gone everywhere I asked to to go without difficulty. Although it may be a long time before I need to replace this vehicle, I would certainly by another one in a heartbeat."

Smooth Riding Truck

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"I bought a Ridgeline RTL because, simply, it's a Honda. My 4th Honda. The Ridgeline rides smoothly and is extremely funtional. It's like an SUV and truck together in one. The two way tailgate and bedtrunk are both excellent features. The only change I would make is roundef vs. squared Fender wells. With Honda's you always get a very good trade in value, if you take good care of it."

Great, bulletproof, all-weather capable vehicle

By on Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pros: "Flawless AWD, Great transmission, in-bed trunk"

Cons: "Fuel Economy, Polarizing styling"

"I love my 2007 Ridgeline RTL. As of this time I have over 108,000 miles on it and have just done normal maintenance oil changes, VTM, Transmission chnages, Tires at 55-60K, brakes at 60K, and kept up with the 100,000 mile service. My Ridgeline still runs like new. Styling is somewhat polarizing - love it or hate it I cannot beat the utility of the truck. I use the in-bed trunk all the time, and work on top of a mountain. I have make my way to work regardless of the weather and have many times driven by typical 4WD trucks stuck in ditches etc. I love the automatic functions of the AWD system and having it primarily FWD works better in my opinion for folks that don't tow very often. The only low-point with the vehicle is fuel economy. I'm averaging 17-18 MPG in Spring through Fall. With Winter blended fuels, I get 15 MPG. After an accident, I had a loaner Chevy Silverado that got 20 MPG. In my opinion Honda has got to get this truck to 25 MPG to be successful in the next generation. I am waiting on the next-gen, hoping Honda hears many of us and gets it right."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Rides like a car but versatile"

Cons: "Gas mileage,no auto headlights"

"Only negative is the gas mileage, this is the best most versatile mid size pick up and options package is great. I just wish it got better mpg."

4.5 yrs 90k+ miles love it!

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "weak a/c, very limited room in truck bed."

Cons: "comfort, ride, functional interior, reliability."

"Has been a great truck/car and friend to me. I have enjoyed it and it's been very reliable for me. Honda builds a great product and this has been no exception. Would like to have better fuel economy, but for a vehicle this size it's about what to be expected. i average about 19. love the GPS and satellite radio. A/c is a little weak when it gets extremely hot. Very comfortable seating and interior, rides like a luxury sedan. Highly recommended!"

What a car!

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "very roomy, great for trunk storage, & safety"

Cons: "weak for heavy loads"

"This is a fantastic vehicle. It is NOT for those who are into heavy loud truck sounds and looking for the ability to tow thousands of pounds. With that said, I have owned my car since day 1 and now 6 years into it, I have yet to have any problem whatsoever. The car is a machine, and gets the job done. I can see why it has such a high rating. Nicely done, Honda."

Nearly perfect

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Very costly fan/air dial; avoid cloth upholstery"

"I love this truck! It has all of the benefits of a truck but drives and rides like a smooth and very comfortable sedan. The leg room in the back seat is fantastic; we have had passengers 6 ft+ comment on how comfortable the seating is for them. The only reason I am considering purchasing a different Honda (but not giving up my Ridgeline!)is the ever-increasing gas prices. My only complaints about the Ridgeline are: the fabric upholstery is dreadful (the slightest drip of water will leave a permanent stain) and unforgiving, and the dial/transistor for the air conditioner/fan is ridiculously priced to repair as it requires removing the entire panel to replace/repair (close to $800 between part and labor). The engine has been great - no issues. Overall, a fantastic vehicle I would recommend to anyone."

Amazing Truck!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "great price, very safe, SUV-like drive, roomy"

Cons: "Light-weight towing truck only 5000 lbs,"

"This truck is simply one of the best built light-weight trucks on the market. I LOVE my ridgeline. Tons os space for five-day camping with an in-bed storage compartment that cant' go wrong; enough back seat space for long-legged friends and they fold up to fit coolers and even saddles when I tow my horse trailer. The truck can tow about 5000 lbs and it tows well even getting VERY close to the max weight. The truck rides like an SUV, and the unibody is built super well. There are so many extra features to protect you in an accident; I feel safe and comfortable while riding it. Guys, don't be turned off from buying this truck when I say it is the perfect Chick truck, lol. But honestly, if they sold the ridgeline with a V8 and it could tow a bigger rig, I'd never buy another car ever. LOVE MY RIDGELINE! BUY ONE! Even has clips for car seats and plenty of room for baby!"

Love this truck!!!

By on Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"I have a 2008 with 58000 miles on it. I get way better gas mileage than expected. Just took a 2000 mile trip in it, very very comfortable. Love the trunk in the bed, leaves room for bigger stuff that can be in the weather. I used to own a Ford Explorer and This Ridgeline is so much more comfortable and reliable!!! I would buy another once this one is done, however I don't expect that will be for a long, long time."

Best Vehicle I have owned!

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"I have owned only 4x4s (Dodge-Powerwagon, ToyotaSR5, Jeep CJ7 x2, K-5 Blazer x2, Chevy Extended cab PU, Suburban x3) and found myself driving 99% by myself and wanted to down size. I checked all the mid-size SUVs but was intrigued by the style of the Honda. I fell in luv with this truck, but concerned of practicality of hauling medical equipment (wife has a Pilot that I didn't like driving). I bought the RTL w/NAV so it came with all features except the rearview camera. I have driven over 94,000 miles of highway, mountain roads, dirt switchbacks, sand, mud and snow and still love it. It still feels & sounds like it was new. The only type of driving I haven't done is all out rock crawling off-roading (which it isn't intended for) that I did years ago. This is the first vehicle that after 4 yrs & high milage that I want to keep. What I love: seating comfort, storage compartments in & out, trunk, climate control, heated seats/mirrors, performance & handling, no body lean/roll in corners (with or w/o topper), styling, STOP. It'll be easier to say what I don't love: significant blind spots, Honda brand hard tonneau cover, NAV system, & wind noise when moon roof is open caused by the deflector. What would I do different next time: roof rack, aftermarket roll-up hard bed cover & NAV system with reverse camera or sensors, and not install the body side protectors. Useful accessories I have: wheel locks, towing kit, cargo bed net, under-seat storage, auto day/night mirror, security system. BTW... this is first truck I've experienced an increase in mileage by adding a topper to it, +3mpg."

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Friday, January 02, 2009

"I have had this truck for 3 years now, and I still get 20-22 mpg. Carpet stains easy, but very comfortable ride, and drive. I would recommed this truck to anyone!"

Tough meets Classy?

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"The pros: Excellent car like ride quality. Comfortable leather seats and Honda's fit and finish. For the money, nobody makes a nicer interior than honda. Tons of storage space and the lockable trunk is just AWESOME. If you want an SUV but sometimes need a bed to haul stuff in, this is the truck for you. If you're thinking about towing more than 5000lbs or doing any real off roading, i'd look into the bigger american trucks for that. The navigation system in the Ridgeline is second to none. Its very user friendly and large enough to read with minimal distraction. Dual Action Tailgait provides easy access from different angles which proves very useful. Cons: Like every other honda made, you have to wind out the tach to make any sort of power. I don't know about you all but I like torque, not waiting for vtec to engage while I nearly get creamed merging onto the highway. Thats fine for the smaller sporty hondas like the civic Si or RSX Type S, but not a truck. The overweight ridgeline RTL tips the scales at over 4500lbs. With a curb weight that high, this truck should have a V8 or a V6 turbo diesel. To get it moving at anything other than a snails pace requires high revs and ultimately more gas! With prices over $4/gal, that can put a nice dent in your wallet. Another downside I found was the lack of ground clearance on the Ridgeline. Add running boards and it gets even worse. I can't help but feel depantsed when I see a minivan pull up next to me at a light and notice I'm not riding any higher than they are. If it's going to be marketed as Tough meets Classy, lets get tough and get that thing off the ground. My last complaint is the amount of road noise inside the cabin. Add a sunroof and it gets worse, eventually leading to rattles that according to Honda "..they all do that...it can't be fixed." Still though, the Ridgeline RTL is a very nice truck and does have benefits that outweigh the negatives....depending on what you're using it for."

Just doesn't get any better.

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"I traded in a 06 Nissan Frontier for my 07 Ridge and I couldn't be happier. There's nothing this truck can not do. The winter driving is excellent and it hauls my boat and four wheeler like there is nothing there. Great handling and good overall power. The only negatives are extremely poor fuel economy. I mean you don't expect 20+ in the city out of a truck but I don't do much stop and go driving and I have been averaging about 12MPG since winter started. about 15MPG before. Overall a great truck and would recomend it to anyone who asked."

Sturdy truck w/ a car-like ride

By on Sunday, November 04, 2007

"We've had the Ridgeline 1.5 years, no problems. The more miles, the better the mileage & the quicker it gets. For work it's great to lock tools in the in-bed trunk. The 2-way tailgate is handy for loading (the side rails are high). The standard bed "liner" holds up to loads of rocks. We tow a Trailmanor camping trailer (about 3,800 lbs) a lot (w/a weight distributing hitch) & you hardly know it's there (haven't done the high Rockies yet; can't wait to have this truck with Honda's diesel engine some day for the added torque). My wife likes to drive small cars, so she doesn't choose to drive the truck; there are rear blind spots that don't bother me much. The ride is great, it's fun to drive, the cabin is nice, & the kids love it. We have the base RT model, which seems like a good value."

Wow!

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"I could not believe this truck. I thought that I was riding in a fine luxury car. Also, there is plenty of room for all the junk that goes along with a wife and two small children. You can get lost in the interior when you pop in a movie and feel that "AT HOME COMFORT!" What origionally caught my eye was the in-bed trunk. "What a great ideal!" If you want a great truck for the price, then look no further. The only draw back I have for the truck is the power. It would have plenty of power if it were a car. But being a truck and doing truck things, it lacks in guy power."

Awesome Truck For 99 percent of the truck buyers.

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Dependable and overall a great truck"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"Awesome Truck For 99 percent of the truck buyers. This is my 2nd Ridgeline. As long as you are not planning on towing more than 5000 lbs or doing heavy off roading then this is your truck. Full size trunk for under bed storage. Can carry as much as other half ton pickups. super strong bed liner. Super comfortable with excellent handling. Plenty of power but not great gas mileage"

Love my Ridgeline and everything about it!

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Cons: "gas mileage but I usually avg 19+"

"This truck is a great fit for me. Roomy inside, put the grandkids with car seats in the back; you don't have to stoop over. Throw their bikes, trikes, scooters in the back and go!"

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"I was debating whether to get a Toyota Tacoma or the Ridgeline. I am so glad I got the Ridgeline. It acts like a car and a truck. It handles beautifully in ice and snow situations. The hidden trunk is a very useful feature. After 125000 miles I have only really changed the oil when it tells me to, and I have bought two sets of tires. That's it! I will drive this until it becomes dust, then I will drive the dust. Then I will go buy another Ridgeline!!!"