2008 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 678 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Awesome Truck For 99 percent of the truck buyers.

By on Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pros: "Dependable and overall a great truck"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"Awesome Truck For 99 percent of the truck buyers. This is my 2nd Ridgeline. As long as you are not planning on towing more than 5000 lbs or doing heavy off roading then this is your truck. Full size trunk for under bed storage. Can carry as much as other half ton pickups. super strong bed liner. Super comfortable with excellent handling. Plenty of power but not great gas mileage"

Wow!

By on Sunday, October 21, 2007

"I could not believe this truck. I thought that I was riding in a fine luxury car. Also, there is plenty of room for all the junk that goes along with a wife and two small children. You can get lost in the interior when you pop in a movie and feel that "AT HOME COMFORT!" What origionally caught my eye was the in-bed trunk. "What a great ideal!" If you want a great truck for the price, then look no further. The only draw back I have for the truck is the power. It would have plenty of power if it were a car. But being a truck and doing truck things, it lacks in guy power."

Best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

"I was debating whether to get a Toyota Tacoma or the Ridgeline. I am so glad I got the Ridgeline. It acts like a car and a truck. It handles beautifully in ice and snow situations. The hidden trunk is a very useful feature. After 125000 miles I have only really changed the oil when it tells me to, and I have bought two sets of tires. That's it! I will drive this until it becomes dust, then I will drive the dust. Then I will go buy another Ridgeline!!!"

Best Vehicle I have owned!

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"I have owned only 4x4s (Dodge-Powerwagon, ToyotaSR5, Jeep CJ7 x2, K-5 Blazer x2, Chevy Extended cab PU, Suburban x3) and found myself driving 99% by myself and wanted to down size. I checked all the mid-size SUVs but was intrigued by the style of the Honda. I fell in luv with this truck, but concerned of practicality of hauling medical equipment (wife has a Pilot that I didn't like driving). I bought the RTL w/NAV so it came with all features except the rearview camera. I have driven over 94,000 miles of highway, mountain roads, dirt switchbacks, sand, mud and snow and still love it. It still feels & sounds like it was new. The only type of driving I haven't done is all out rock crawling off-roading (which it isn't intended for) that I did years ago. This is the first vehicle that after 4 yrs & high milage that I want to keep. What I love: seating comfort, storage compartments in & out, trunk, climate control, heated seats/mirrors, performance & handling, no body lean/roll in corners (with or w/o topper), styling, STOP. It'll be easier to say what I don't love: significant blind spots, Honda brand hard tonneau cover, NAV system, & wind noise when moon roof is open caused by the deflector. What would I do different next time: roof rack, aftermarket roll-up hard bed cover & NAV system with reverse camera or sensors, and not install the body side protectors. Useful accessories I have: wheel locks, towing kit, cargo bed net, under-seat storage, auto day/night mirror, security system. BTW... this is first truck I've experienced an increase in mileage by adding a topper to it, +3mpg."

Best out of my last 6 pickup trucks.

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable and great in the snow."

Cons: "Needs heated mirrors"

"I love the styling, ride and the huge under-bed trunk is fantastic. I have 180,000 miles on it with no problems!"

Still an awesome truck

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Reliable and versatile."

Cons: "Leg room amd mileage."

"Originally purchased in April of 2005, I am seven years and 120,000 miles in my Ridgeline. As one of the first Ridgeline owners in my area, I can't say I got the greatest deal because discounts were not available at the time, but I have never regretted buying it and the money seems well worth it now. I have kept the recommended maintenance schedule as laid out on the dash indicators as well as the book, and I have never been stranded. It has never been on a tow truck, something that would be hard for most vehicle owners to claim after seven years. This truck still drives as nice now as it did when it was new. It feels solid and tracks straight, the tires wear evenly, the engine remains powerful and the transmission shifts smoothly. It even still drives well off-road. The only downsides are the two that have plagued me since I bought it, although neither have been enough of a problem to have me trade it in. Being tall, I find the dashboard sight lines a bit low and leg room just a tad short. I fit well enough, but I have to get out and stretch once in a while on long drives. Headroom is ample, though, and the interior feels like a full-sized truck. I also wince at the pump from the dismal mileage I get; usually around 16 MPG combined. I am not sure if that is because of living in California, but it certainly doesn't help that I have added after-market weight to the truck with accessories. I can get 19 MPG on highway rides. I have towed and hauled with this truck, but it is small and maneuverable enough to park in my garage or on the street. Mostly it has been reasonable to service and reliable as the day is long. I planned to have this truck for ten years, and by all indications it will make it without much headache. This truck has taken me many great places in California, both on and off the road. It still is an awesome truck."

one great truck

By on Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pros: "Does a bit of everything very well good on gas"

Cons: "It is not a pretty truck and interior is lacking"

On street

"I am telling you this is a great truck.. Does a bit of everything and although it is not the best looking truck in or out it makes up for it in ride comfort and good off roading capability.. I am an avid off road rock climber (CJs and TJs) and with 20 years experience I can tell you this truck gets you places you would never think it would.. Like I said I don't use it for that but I have tested it on the trail and the first time you see this truck up in the air on three wheels climbing a frame twister trail you too will be impressed or getting out of 2feet of soft sand after getting stuck,putting in low and locking the diff, up up and away.. I use it to tow my 16ft trailer and put my two dirt bikes in the bed and still get 17-18mpg on the highway.. I average 20mpg without a load on the highway but the best is the ride.. This truck rides just like an Acua MDX(which it is based on)Super comfortable for a truck and seems to be perfectly balanced when coming over a rise.. If you need to get a V8 for heavy towing or cause you are compensating for something else I understand but now adays you can get most everything where it needs to go with a V6 without having to take a mortgage out for the gas..."

On street

Why doesn' t everyone own one?

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Great price then, kinda has gone up since 07"

Cons: "air conditioning in weak , needs tinted windows"

"I think sometimes this truck gets a bad rap. We have towed a huge trailer, went 4 wheeling in Pismo(used the trunk for an ice chest) and recently drove through the mountains in chains only conditions without ever kicking in 4 wheel drive or putting on chains. Its a pleasure to drive, very low maintenance and has incredible retail value. It does whatever a so called big truck can do except it fits in a garage and parking spot at the mall!"

Best car I have ever owned by far!!

By on Tuesday, October 11, 2011

"This truck does it all. Rides great, quiet, dependable..... My buddies all give me grief because I don't drive a "real" man's truck. They call my Ridgeline a Cheerleader truck. Fine by me. I have had my Ridgeline in heavy snow, off-road in mud and on the beach. It never fails me. Can not find a single thing I don't like about it. I have never been able to say that about any other vehicle I have owned. You get what you pay for with this Honda."

Best Pick up ever!

By on Friday, June 10, 2011

Pros: "Roomy, smooth, fast, stylish"

Cons: "Very hard to see backing up."

"I'm a city boy who always wanted a pick-up. Now I have one. Great design Honda. Purchased my Ridgeline brand new in 2008, now I have 80,000 miles. And it stills drive and feels new. If you want a universal truck this is it."

Safe, practical vehicle

By on Sunday, June 21, 2009

"So many people bad mouth the Ridgeline and it really irritates me. And if you can guess, they all are truck owners. How many truck owners haul concrete, gravel or extremely heavy items on a regular basis. Zero that I know. If this is what you do, don't buy a Ridgeline. If you need a vehicle for an occational trip to Home Depot (like 90 percent of people) and you want a vehicle that rides like a car, seats 5 comfortably,has a 5 star safety rating (8 airbags, traction and stability control, ABS brakes) - all standard, then this is the vehicle for you. Another awesome feature this truck has that no others thought of is a tailgate that opens both vertical and horizonal and has a lockable sealed trunk under the bed, this is also where the spare tire is (dry and easy to get to, not under the vehicle exposed to rain, rust, dirt and salt). It can also hold 4x8 sheets of plywood or sheetrock flat between the wheel wells... granted you have to keep the tailgate down but BIG DEAL, how often are you doing that. Another feature that a lot of people don't know is it's front wheel drive all the time and 4 wheel drive when needed (automatically). No other truck is like this, (again, perfect for 90 percent of people). I've driven a lot of trucks and this one BY FAR feels more safe and stable. The only thing I wish this truck had is a little more power. Shop around, I got $7700 off list. For that, it is a no brainer. Even if you don't save that much, this truck is a bargain. And it's a HONDA--RELIABLE!! Need I say more?"

Best Vehicle Ever Owned

By on Saturday, April 11, 2009

"The best overall vehicle I owned in 43 yrs of driving. I will replace it without hesitation with another Ridgeline. Good news for 2009 more lower and middle range power. I get 19-20 highway and 16.5 city mpgs and I drive it with a heavy foot. I highly recommend the Ridgeline for medium towing and hauling uses. It drives and rides very smoothly under all road conditions including rough dirt roads."

more than expected

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"I have had numerous full size and mini trucks I was happy with all of them. However none match my Honda in comfort and gas mileage. I don't know if I just drive differently or what but I get 18 in the city and 21-22 on the highway. I admit it will not haul as much as a standard pick-up but the in bed trunk makes up for it. I have owned it for 1 yr and already have decided that when the time comes I will buy another. I am an avid fisherman and hunter and the 4wd is more than adequate. I have also had it in Wisconsin in 4 foot deep snow and no problem. Definitely a best buy."

great overall vehicle

By on Monday, October 20, 2008

"This truck has it all.....lots of storage, room for 5 people and good interior design. We drive to Florida every yr and have found this to be great on the road. Suggest a cover for the bed..it gives a better look. Also a pin stripe. mpg: 15 and 22 hwy. Wife loves it."

Honda Ridgeline

By on Sunday, February 10, 2008

"This is a great truck for someone that is only doing light truck work. The engine is underpowered with only 6 cylinders. Combined with a short bed, I wouldn't really recommend the Ridgeline if you're looking for a work truck. However, I'm very satisfied with the comfort of the truck. The interior is nice and roomy for a mid-size truck. I LOVE the full sized back seats with the fold up seats. I really like the fact that I can put the seats up and let my dogs run around back there without having to worry about my leather. The suspension and the ride of the truck is fantastic. It does NOT ride like a regular pick up truck. I love the comfort level of the interior of the truck. It's really great for people that want a truck without sacrificing comfort or luxury. The bed of the truck is really nice for the fact that the tail gate opens both down and out. I LOVE the in-bed truck for storage of all my extra junk. It's nice to still have all that without having it in the way or myself or my passenger. Why I love my truck a) I really like the style of the vehicle 2) I like that it's a truck and I have truck features without sacrificing the comfort level of the vehicle 3) the ride -- this thing does NOT ride like a truck 4) comfortability inside the cab 5) full size back seats with fold up seats 6) dual action tail action with a full size trunk!! My biggest complaints about this vehicle are 1) engine -- slightly underpowered so it has to work really hard to get up hills and such which doesn't make for great gas mileage 2) rear visibility is not the greatest -- you have to be REALLY careful backing up b/c there are huge blind spots 3) turning radius is unreal. it turns worse than a RAM 1500. honestly ...."

Best Vehicle I Ever Owned

By on Friday, February 01, 2008

"I've owned this truck just under 2 years. I bought it used with 12,000 miles on it. Not 1 problem has come up. It's like my Civic for reliability... put gas in it, change the fluids, rotate the tires and replace the wiper blades. That's it!! I still am amazed how comfortable it is. I'm a big guy, 6' 1", 270 lbs. and this truck fits me fine. A friend of mine owns an Avalance. He was amazed how much cab room was in my truck compared to his! I highly recommend it to anyone who doen't need a full-size truck."

Best vehicle I've ever owned

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"I purchased this truck two and a half years ago and it is without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned. I loved this truck right from the beginning, and that sentiment has only gotten stronger over the last 85,000 miles. Other than routine maintainance, this truck has not cost me a dime. As a matter of fact I'm just now shopping for tires to replace the original Michelins which actually still have a decent amount of tread on them but are starting to develop cracks in between the tread grooves. I can't say enough good about this truck. It gives a supremely comfortable ride and is very quiet inside to the extent that it is almost like driving a luxury car. It is rugged as a tank, handles like a sports car and besides all of that, it's actually a lot of fun off road too. Honestly, the only thing it lacks as a true off road truck is a low range, which I've honestly never missed. Interestingly, around the same time that I purchased my Ridgeline, my brother purchased a new Ford F150. He had been telling me how much he liked his new truck until one day I let him drive the Honda. He actually traded his new Ford in on a Ridgeline a week later! He now has 70,000 miles on his and it's been every bit as bullet proof as mine. To say that I'm sold on this truck would be a tremendous understatement."

Wow!

By on Saturday, November 17, 2007

"I bought one of the first in Kansas City! I traded a 2003 Colorado and went from worst to first. Every time I want a feature, I look around and it's there! The thoughtful engineering, the handling, the fun, and the utility of driving this truck are beyond compare! Holy cow! I out-corner small cars on highway ramps, I out-accelerate other trucks - especially in wet weather. The balance is 55/45 instead of the usual 75/25, so I don't just sit and spin. The tailgate is SO nice! I dont have to lean over 2 feet before i even get to the bed of the truck! The trunk is great for camping and tailgating. You can fit a lot of your favorite gear and/or beverage in there! I could go on for a loooong time about this truck. I can't believe I've had it for TWO years! It seems like a month! Wow! I had the Colorado for 13 months and it seemed like 50 years. It was a P.O.S. I will hang onto my Ridgeline for years and years. I've had no problems and my gas mileage is 19 in town (I try not to leadfoot it) and about 23-24 on freeway. I can carry about a half-cord of wood in my bed (unsplit logs). I even had an accident a year ago - the other car was totaled and I was able to drive away! This is a tough, well-thought out truck. My 16 year old son wants me to give it him as his first vehicle. Yeah, as if. I like it too much. Maybe in 20 years."

MY WISH LIST

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE THE OPTION TO SEAT THREE PEOPLE IN THE FRONT WITH STORAGE TRAYS UNDERNEATH SEAT, A SMALL V-8 ENGINE TO IMPROVE FUEL ECONOMY WHILE YIELDING A SMOOTHER ACCELLERATION, AND LASTLY, I WOULD LIKE ONE OF THE POWER OUTLETS IN THE VEHICLE TO STAY HOT EVEN WHEN THE VEHICLE IS OFF.... SHORT OF MY WISH LIST, I WOULD CHOOSE THIS VEHICLE TEN TIMES OVER MY AVALANCHE I TRADED IN FOR IT."

07 Ridgeline

By on Tuesday, August 14, 2007

"I love the vehicle with one exception: It does not tow as well as I expected. It really works hard up hills with just a cargo carrier with a quad inside. Most of my friends tow, and that is the reason I would not recommend this vehicle. If one does absolutely no towing, then it is the vehicle for them."

Impressed

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"Overall I am very impressed with this vehicle. The performance has been better than expected. Smooth, comfortable ride, plently of power and love the storage capacity. I have used mine to tow the 5000lb. limit, and it handled it with ease, have loaded 1/2 ton of rock and no problem. My only knock would be that you have a large blind spot on both sides, espectially when backing up. Also the cruise control on light does not dim at night which is distracting. I would buy another one in a heartbeat."

excellent vehicle-just drive one

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"Ups-smooth,quiet,car like ride and handling.Deep sporty intake and exhaust sound.Solid,tight body-impeccable Honda quality fit and finish inside and out. In-bed trunk-roomy comfy interior-dual action tail gate.Will tow my 26 ft camper-but thats all it wants, be mindful of max towing weight.Easy to service. DOWNS-gas mileage-15 to 17 mpg locally,small bed,bed liner easily scratched,cloth seats hard to clean."

Great Truck/Poor Gas mileage

By on Wednesday, August 19, 2015

My Baby

"Ridgeline handles great in all weather and is one of the safest vehicles I've ever owned. Gas mileage is poor but I'll give that up for a vehicle that handles in all conditions and withstands an impact from a another vehicle at 60MPH and your able to walk away without a scratch and it's still running(yes it happened to me)"

My Baby

Perfect for my family

By on Monday, March 03, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, good mileage, lots of storage, price"

Cons: "Cloth seats (dirty easily)"

"I love this truck. It handles like a dream and has the reliability. The swing bed door is a real plus along with the large trunk. My wife and I can go shopping and put all our things in the locking trunk. Fuel mileage has been good at 18 in the city and as much as 24 on the highway using the cruise control. Seating is comfortable too. One drawback is the fabric interior. If I were to buy another Ridgeline I would opt for leather seats and armrests. This is a perfect truck for lightweight loads like small travel trailers and boat trailers. I would definitely buy another one."

Bought my first TRUCK!

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, in bed trunk, has power, looks"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I love my truck! I'm 23 and needed something reliable for college. I wanted a truck but did not need a big growling F150 or Silverado. Some say it's not a "real truck", but half of them don't even use the F150's and other trucks for their real intentions anyways. I wanted something that could get me back and forth from school and haul things when I needed to. This truck meets all my needs. I love the looks I get at gas stations. I have mine in white. The tires are blacked out and so are the door handles and running boards. It looks really nice. The gas mileage is OK, but what are you going to do? The power is great as well, it can really get up and go when you need it! I love the in-bed trunk. Every time I open it people are amazed!"