• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2007 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 664 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Excellent with minor quibble's

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Owned my 2006 RT for over 2 years now, currently living in Germany. It is the perfect size for a truck in this country, contemplated buying a Power Wagon prior to the purchase of my Ridgeline, however I could not see the reasoning for a full size with dedicated 4WD. I drive on main roads approximately 98 % of the time. I bought the Ridgeline based upon my previous purchase history, I owned a new Ford for approximately 3 years, loved the car (Contour V6) but at 38K miles the engine had to be replaced without a warranty, I immediately traded in the Contour for a used Honda certified 01 Odyssey, I still have the Odyssey at appr. 100K miles and the only thing I had to replace was a rear seatbelt that I broke at 60K miles which Honda replaced as a safety item, oh and a passenger sliding door latch (my daughter broke). So I went with the Ridgeline, I'm currently at 36K miles, I have not had to change any light bulbs, brakes, tire rotations, tires still have about 50% tread left, The only thing I have done is changed the oil and air filter, and cleaned the battery terminals. I can say this though which I do not like..The seats do stain easily, and they are difficult to clean, as noted in a previous post, I should have Scotchguarded the seats when purchased. The other reason for purchase is RESALE Value..."

perfect truck for a car

By on Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Perfect alternative for the family person needing a car for daily commute and a pickup for the weekend trip to Home Depot or friends move. Big note - the bed is 50" wide and fits plywood flat ! As everyone else says - the trunk is simply innovative and large. The tapered bed and low tailgate gives great rearview visibility. Speaking of tailgate, two way swing makes getting to the trunk very easy. Owned for two years - gas mileage about 17 which is lower than expected for Honda. Also transmission could be a little smoother, but not a big issue. I wouldn't suggest it for regular towing."

A Truly Satisfying Vehicle.

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"This vehicle does everything I ask of it and does it well. It has a roomy, comfortable interior. Since there is no hump in the floor the foot wells are spacious making long trips seem much less confining. This also adds considerable space in the rear seat area for storage of all sorts of items, such as travel kits, day packs, cameras etc. The controls are well layed out and easy to use. The automatice climate control works so well we just set it and forget it most of the time. The ride is smooth and supple for a vehicle of this size and type and handling is stable and secure under all kinds of conditions. The fully automatic 4-wheel drive is so seamless and unobtrusive that often it is difficult to tell if we are in 2-wheel drive or four wheel drive. This might sound disconcerting to some but once you get accustomed to it you realize it doesn't really matter as long as the vehicle takes you safely whereever you want to go. And it has readily gone everywhere I asked to to go without difficulty. Although it may be a long time before I need to replace this vehicle, I would certainly by another one in a heartbeat."

Smooth Riding Truck

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"I bought a Ridgeline RTL because, simply, it's a Honda. My 4th Honda. The Ridgeline rides smoothly and is extremely funtional. It's like an SUV and truck together in one. The two way tailgate and bedtrunk are both excellent features. The only change I would make is roundef vs. squared Fender wells. With Honda's you always get a very good trade in value, if you take good care of it."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, August 09, 2013

Pros: "Rides like a car but versatile"

Cons: "Gas mileage,no auto headlights"

"Only negative is the gas mileage, this is the best most versatile mid size pick up and options package is great. I just wish it got better mpg."