• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2007 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 665 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

4.5 yrs 90k+ miles love it!

By on Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pros: "weak a/c, very limited room in truck bed."

Cons: "comfort, ride, functional interior, reliability."

"Has been a great truck/car and friend to me. I have enjoyed it and it's been very reliable for me. Honda builds a great product and this has been no exception. Would like to have better fuel economy, but for a vehicle this size it's about what to be expected. i average about 19. love the GPS and satellite radio. A/c is a little weak when it gets extremely hot. Very comfortable seating and interior, rides like a luxury sedan. Highly recommended!"

What a car!

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pros: "very roomy, great for trunk storage, & safety"

Cons: "weak for heavy loads"

"This is a fantastic vehicle. It is NOT for those who are into heavy loud truck sounds and looking for the ability to tow thousands of pounds. With that said, I have owned my car since day 1 and now 6 years into it, I have yet to have any problem whatsoever. The car is a machine, and gets the job done. I can see why it has such a high rating. Nicely done, Honda."

Nearly perfect

By on Friday, August 10, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Very costly fan/air dial; avoid cloth upholstery"

"I love this truck! It has all of the benefits of a truck but drives and rides like a smooth and very comfortable sedan. The leg room in the back seat is fantastic; we have had passengers 6 ft+ comment on how comfortable the seating is for them. The only reason I am considering purchasing a different Honda (but not giving up my Ridgeline!)is the ever-increasing gas prices. My only complaints about the Ridgeline are: the fabric upholstery is dreadful (the slightest drip of water will leave a permanent stain) and unforgiving, and the dial/transistor for the air conditioner/fan is ridiculously priced to repair as it requires removing the entire panel to replace/repair (close to $800 between part and labor). The engine has been great - no issues. Overall, a fantastic vehicle I would recommend to anyone."

Amazing Truck!

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pros: "great price, very safe, SUV-like drive, roomy"

Cons: "Light-weight towing truck only 5000 lbs,"

"This truck is simply one of the best built light-weight trucks on the market. I LOVE my ridgeline. Tons os space for five-day camping with an in-bed storage compartment that cant' go wrong; enough back seat space for long-legged friends and they fold up to fit coolers and even saddles when I tow my horse trailer. The truck can tow about 5000 lbs and it tows well even getting VERY close to the max weight. The truck rides like an SUV, and the unibody is built super well. There are so many extra features to protect you in an accident; I feel safe and comfortable while riding it. Guys, don't be turned off from buying this truck when I say it is the perfect Chick truck, lol. But honestly, if they sold the ridgeline with a V8 and it could tow a bigger rig, I'd never buy another car ever. LOVE MY RIDGELINE! BUY ONE! Even has clips for car seats and plenty of room for baby!"

Love this truck!!!

By on Wednesday, May 23, 2012

"I have a 2008 with 58000 miles on it. I get way better gas mileage than expected. Just took a 2000 mile trip in it, very very comfortable. Love the trunk in the bed, leaves room for bigger stuff that can be in the weather. I used to own a Ford Explorer and This Ridgeline is so much more comfortable and reliable!!! I would buy another once this one is done, however I don't expect that will be for a long, long time."

Best Vehicle I have owned!

By on Wednesday, July 28, 2010

"I have owned only 4x4s (Dodge-Powerwagon, ToyotaSR5, Jeep CJ7 x2, K-5 Blazer x2, Chevy Extended cab PU, Suburban x3) and found myself driving 99% by myself and wanted to down size. I checked all the mid-size SUVs but was intrigued by the style of the Honda. I fell in luv with this truck, but concerned of practicality of hauling medical equipment (wife has a Pilot that I didn't like driving). I bought the RTL w/NAV so it came with all features except the rearview camera. I have driven over 94,000 miles of highway, mountain roads, dirt switchbacks, sand, mud and snow and still love it. It still feels & sounds like it was new. The only type of driving I haven't done is all out rock crawling off-roading (which it isn't intended for) that I did years ago. This is the first vehicle that after 4 yrs & high milage that I want to keep. What I love: seating comfort, storage compartments in & out, trunk, climate control, heated seats/mirrors, performance & handling, no body lean/roll in corners (with or w/o topper), styling, STOP. It'll be easier to say what I don't love: significant blind spots, Honda brand hard tonneau cover, NAV system, & wind noise when moon roof is open caused by the deflector. What would I do different next time: roof rack, aftermarket roll-up hard bed cover & NAV system with reverse camera or sensors, and not install the body side protectors. Useful accessories I have: wheel locks, towing kit, cargo bed net, under-seat storage, auto day/night mirror, security system. BTW... this is first truck I've experienced an increase in mileage by adding a topper to it, +3mpg."

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Friday, January 02, 2009

"I have had this truck for 3 years now, and I still get 20-22 mpg. Carpet stains easy, but very comfortable ride, and drive. I would recommed this truck to anyone!"

Tough meets Classy?

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"The pros: Excellent car like ride quality. Comfortable leather seats and Honda's fit and finish. For the money, nobody makes a nicer interior than honda. Tons of storage space and the lockable trunk is just AWESOME. If you want an SUV but sometimes need a bed to haul stuff in, this is the truck for you. If you're thinking about towing more than 5000lbs or doing any real off roading, i'd look into the bigger american trucks for that. The navigation system in the Ridgeline is second to none. Its very user friendly and large enough to read with minimal distraction. Dual Action Tailgait provides easy access from different angles which proves very useful. Cons: Like every other honda made, you have to wind out the tach to make any sort of power. I don't know about you all but I like torque, not waiting for vtec to engage while I nearly get creamed merging onto the highway. Thats fine for the smaller sporty hondas like the civic Si or RSX Type S, but not a truck. The overweight ridgeline RTL tips the scales at over 4500lbs. With a curb weight that high, this truck should have a V8 or a V6 turbo diesel. To get it moving at anything other than a snails pace requires high revs and ultimately more gas! With prices over $4/gal, that can put a nice dent in your wallet. Another downside I found was the lack of ground clearance on the Ridgeline. Add running boards and it gets even worse. I can't help but feel depantsed when I see a minivan pull up next to me at a light and notice I'm not riding any higher than they are. If it's going to be marketed as Tough meets Classy, lets get tough and get that thing off the ground. My last complaint is the amount of road noise inside the cabin. Add a sunroof and it gets worse, eventually leading to rattles that according to Honda "..they all do that...it can't be fixed." Still though, the Ridgeline RTL is a very nice truck and does have benefits that outweigh the negatives....depending on what you're using it for."

Just doesn't get any better.

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"I traded in a 06 Nissan Frontier for my 07 Ridge and I couldn't be happier. There's nothing this truck can not do. The winter driving is excellent and it hauls my boat and four wheeler like there is nothing there. Great handling and good overall power. The only negatives are extremely poor fuel economy. I mean you don't expect 20+ in the city out of a truck but I don't do much stop and go driving and I have been averaging about 12MPG since winter started. about 15MPG before. Overall a great truck and would recomend it to anyone who asked."

Sturdy truck w/ a car-like ride

By on Sunday, November 04, 2007

"We've had the Ridgeline 1.5 years, no problems. The more miles, the better the mileage & the quicker it gets. For work it's great to lock tools in the in-bed trunk. The 2-way tailgate is handy for loading (the side rails are high). The standard bed "liner" holds up to loads of rocks. We tow a Trailmanor camping trailer (about 3,800 lbs) a lot (w/a weight distributing hitch) & you hardly know it's there (haven't done the high Rockies yet; can't wait to have this truck with Honda's diesel engine some day for the added torque). My wife likes to drive small cars, so she doesn't choose to drive the truck; there are rear blind spots that don't bother me much. The ride is great, it's fun to drive, the cabin is nice, & the kids love it. We have the base RT model, which seems like a good value."