• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2007 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 653 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

The most sexy and stylish truck on the planet.

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "People staring and wishing they had one."

Cons: "grab bar blocks vision at times"

"My 2012 Ridgeline Sport is the sexiest and most stylish truck ever produced. The all black exterior matched with the rims make for a stunning appearance. Everyone, other owners and non-owners ALWAYS comment on the rims to this truck. All owners wish they had them! The two way tail gate gets me a lot of questions of "what kind of truck is that?" I also love the "hidden" trunk. My only complaint is the front passenger grab bar located on the windshield post. It blocks my side vision at times. The grab handle sticks out and can block the view of small objects that are close by. It functions well for what it is made for but still a nuisance at times."

more reliable than other pickups I have owned

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "tailgate option, fold up back seats"

Cons: "short wheelbase, low gas miles"

"Have not had a problem since new in June 2005. Gas mileage on trips w/cruise control over 20mpg. Around town lucky to see 15. The short wheelbase has me running over curbs when turning right. Could use a hand grab over driver's door. Tailgate opening sideways is a real convenient idea. The back seats make this a 5 passenger vehicle."

Owned many cars, Ridgeline by far the best!!!

By on Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Pros: "comfortable ride, handles like a nice car."

Cons: "none, absolutely no complaints."

"I've owned many cars, both foreign and domestic, Chevy's, Ford's, Mazda's, Toyota's, Honda's, Hyundai's. In my opinion the Ridgeline is by far the best vehicle I ever owned. Hauling capability of a truck that drives and handles like a nice car. Bought the Sport version because that is what the dealer had on the lot. Already thinking about trading next year to get the high end version and not even considering looking at anything else."

VERY GOOD IN THE SNOW AND ICE. SMOOTH RIDING

By on Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pros: "BEST RIDING TRUCK AROUND. EASY ON BUMPS. SNOW,OK."

Cons: "SEATS DONT HOLD UP. MPG POOR. UNDER POWERED 4 SZ"

"VEHICLE NEEDS MORE POWER FOR ITS SIZE . DRIVERS SEAT AND DOOR WEATHER STRIPPING SHOT. PAINT ON HOOD HAS SPIDER CRACKS. AS DID OUR 2OO4 ACCORD. MPG IS POOR. CANT REMOVE STAINS FROM SEATS. BED NEEDS TO BE LONGER."

Does it all from hauling, pulling and touring

By on Thursday, November 06, 2014

Cons: "No daytime or fog lamps. Issue resolved on newer"

"3rd Ridgeline. Saw my first Ridgeline in 2005 at the local auto show and was amazed by the interior room, rear bed storage and MPG. Can pull my 21" boat, go off road and haul my junk to the dump with ease. After a quick wash is a classy vehicle to take out with another couple for dinner. Great ride and better resale values."

Outstanding vehicle for family & outback trips.

By on Monday, November 03, 2014

Pros: "Everybodu who has been in it loves it."

Cons: "I found no issues at all."

"Used for primary travel, hiking, camping and travel to golf outings carrying 4 sets of clubs in the extra cap on back. Good enough clearance for all gravel roads and most two tracks. Best truck and SUV type I have had. If Honda were continuing I would by now. However I understand they have discontinued but maybe re-design for 2016."

Exc. running vehicle, good for another 200,000

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

"Has small tiny dent on front left from bumping trash can on trash day. Needs new tires. Seats need cleaned. Nothing but water has ever accidentally been on them but it makes them look stained. Not sure how to properly clean seats."

Best truck I've ever owned.

By on Wednesday, October 22, 2014

"I just bought my 07 Ridgeline in May 2014 with 154,000 and I can't believe how excellent this truck rides. Without looking at the miles you would think it's a brand new truck. I'm on my first out of state trip with it now and WOW, it's GREAT!!!!!! I let my dad drive it after I bought it and he is getting one when he pays off his Chevy. I HIGHLY recommend this truck to who ever is in the market for a 4X4."

09 ridgeline

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no ashtray,no navigation"

"this is the best truck ever! Have had no problems with this vehicle.drives perfect,handles well,dependable/roomer than the FJ."

Iron tough and reliable but great driving vehicle.

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "Great overall vehicle with many neat features"

"I bought my 2006 Ridgeline used with 45k miles and now have 272k miles and other than regular maintainence I just recently replaced the individual coils and had the valves adjusted and it's the first dollars I've spent on this truck and it still runs as well as the day I bought it. Love the spacious cab and car like drive, but the trunk in the bed is a great feature that I use daily in my work. It tows my trailer very well with moderate sized loads. Gas mileage is still average of 17-18 miles and will do 20 mpg on good highway driving. Would buy another one without a second thought."

Second one

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Cons: "Drives like a luxury car."

"this is the greatest truck I have ever owned, and being a building contractor I have had many. My daughter has my 06 and now has 220,000 miles on it and I drove it for a day and could hardly tell the difference from my 11 with 50,000 miles. Waiting for the new one to come out and them will get it, unless they change it too much,"

great truck, rides like a car, hard for me to sell

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

"I can only hope I own another vehicle as well built and reliable as this Ridgeline. No rust after 9 years and I have a DPW salt shack near my property!! Every year I have at least 3 people ask me if my truck is 2 or 3 years old, I tell them it's a 2006 and they don't believe me. I love the compliments and it motivates me to keep him longer."

One Of three Honda's Owned

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable Ride;Easy Entry/Exit."

Cons: "Cloth Seating Material Substandard; Poor Mileage."

Unique Looking Truck

"Purchased the Ridgeline new in January 2013. Required a vehicle that could pull in excess of 2000lbs. Did not need a full sized truck. Really like the Unique Styling, Crew Cab roominess,Lockable Trunk beneath the bed. Options added: F&R Splash Guards; Weather Tech Front Floor Liner; Honda Front Mask(Summer Use);Protective Paint Film to Grille,Front Bumper and Rocker Panels; Fiberglass Topper;Fiberglass Nose Bug Deflector;F&R Seat Covers;Carpeted Dash Protector. Weak Points found: Cloth Seating Material Substandard;Bumpers should be Metal not Plastic."

Unique Looking Truck

Quality built versatile SUV/pickup

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Quality build, comfort, 4 wheel drive system"

Cons: "Pickup box design"

"Hard-core pickup fans will likely disregard the Ridgeline but for me its capabilities exactly match my needs. It drives and rides very comfortably and quietly - more like an SUV than a pickup, but provides enough hauling/towing capacity to satisfy my requirements (mostly recreational.) The power is very adequate for towing my moderately - sized boat and ATV and it has enough cargo capacity to transport the camping and recreational gear that I use. The feature that I like the most is the 4 wheel drive system which engages automatically as needed - not necessary to manually engage and disengage, and it allows turning without tires "jumping" when engaged (although it can be manually locked up for tough going.) The one thing I am not especially happy with is the pickup box. While I have managed to cope with the 5 foot length (would prefer 6 feet) I struggle with the high sides which prevent me from reaching in from the side of the vehicle, and with the depth of the box when the tonneau cover is in place. The depth issue results from the in-floor trunk - a handy and desirable feature which I fully utilize and enjoy, but which has the effect of raising the box floor. Gas mileage is pretty good - I have achieved as high as 26 mpg on highway, and consistently get 17 - 18 towing my boat which weighs about 1,500 pounds. The V-6 engine is smooth and quiet. Since the vehicle designs is seven or eight years old it doesn't feature some of the technology that newer models have, but it has plenty for me. Honda quality is evident throughout."

has tonneau cover, rhino lining in bed of truck,

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "very comfortable, heater works quick,"

"Love to drive it, excellent in snow"

Great passenger/Truck, great trunk

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Honda got it right the first time"

Cons: "Navi screen needs to be tilted to driver"

"Only regular maintenance, NO major/minor transmission or engine work. Navi screen should tilt to driver; I highly recommend this truck, one of the best all around."

Best PU I have owned

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and fullfills our needs."

Cons: "Gas mileage, towing capabilities."

"I own several vehicles. I have owned several different pickups over the years. I owned Toyota, Nissan, even a VW pickup years ago. I owned a Dodge Dakota with hemi engine. I wanted something dependable and comfortable without being too large for the wife. I looked at SUV vehicles and almost purchased the Pilot. I needed something to tow a small camping trailer and also something that was more car like in handling and comfort. I like the idea of also having a bed that I could carry things like a lawnmower or even something larger without having it inside of the cab area. I drove almost everything available. A friend asked me if I had driven the Ridgeline. I had not so, I went and took one out for a test drive. Well, I should not have done that because when I got out of it and got back into my Dodge, I felt like I was driving a log wagon. The Ridgeline drove so well and felt so tight and controlled and it just felt very well constructed. The steering response was very good and it just felt like a vehicle that I would enjoy driving. I thought about the truck the rest of the week and went and found just the one I wanted at a dealer not to far from my house. I got the RTL w/navi. I have had the truck since 2006 and it just turned 41,000 miles. I keep it clean, serviced and well cared for. When I took it for the service a couple of weeks ago, the shop manager said it looked new and he had never seen a cleaner engine bay and interior on any truck. He said the truck was just like new. They really did a good job of checking everything out and said the truck needed nothing but the regular maintenance. It still have the original Michelin tires and they have a lot o life still left on them. The truck is parked mostly inside during the day and stays in a garage at night. The paint looks new and I love the truck more than any vehicle I have ever owned. When asked if I wanted to sell it, I said, why??? I would definitely want another Ridgeline if I sold my truck. My wife loves the truck also. She said she was so afraid I was going to get a truck that was too large for her to feel comfortable driving. The size of the truck is so manageable. It really replaces a car and a truck. If I needed something larger and perhaps stronger, I would get a full sized truck. But the Ridgeline completely fulfills our need for a pickup. It is unique in many ways and I will keep it as long as I can. I would certainly recommend the truck to anyone wanting a dependable, mid sized truck that drives like a fine car. I had rather drive it than my Mercedes. It just feels good to drive it in town and on the road. It is a very smooth highway vehicle that doesn't tire you out behind the wheel. The vehicle is relatively quiet and really travels down the highway."

Great truck. Fair gas milage.

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

"Could be a little more fuel efficient. Over all good reliable vehicle."

best truck I have ever owned

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"best experience, never regret owning"

Wonderful vehicle. Pickup feels like a Caddilac.

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "I knew I was Safe (and comfortable) when driving."

Cons: "A stronger engine to be nice drive camper in Mts."

Touring the Rockies with a 17' camper.

"Advantages of a pick-up as well as a 'higher' view of driving ~ my 5' wife loved being able to 'see' over traffic. Heated leather seats, power driver's seat, lumbar supports that work. 'Room' for each passenger. Rear seats have inset hooks for three (3) infant seats. Air conditioning and heating vents into back seat. Tailgate opens 'down' OR swings open. AND, besides a Huge trunk (hidden nicely) the spare tire "Slides" out to you at waist level. The 'truck bed' has a special protective cover like a 'rhino cover'. Wonderful & Useable truckbed lights. ~ (comparing to hauling like in a pickup) Does a Great job, though, could use middle attachment points. ~~ All in All, the Best vehicle I have ever owned, actually better than I thought possible to own."

Touring the Rockies with a 17' camper.

Incredible Vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Well designed, storage capacity, very reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

Ridgeline hauling a flat

"I bought my 2008 RTL brand new, it has never failed to start. I keep up with the maintenance by following the owners manual to the tee. Keep all fluids changed at the recommended intervals including the power steering, brake and drive train fluids. Last winter in a major snowstorm I was driving around stuck full size beefed up Ford's and Chevy pickups on a closed interstate highway. The front bumper of my truck was literally pushing snow. The drivers were shocked as I drove around the mess of cars and trucks. This thing has an incredible 4-wheel drive, especially with the Michelin M/S LTX tires that come OEM. I going to drive mine another 100K miles and get the next generation. I highly recommend this truck, it won't let you down."

Ridgeline hauling a flat

Best pickup ever!

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "perfect cheap and fun"

"Best Pickup ever for everybody, its comfortable, powerful at 120 and design is ok. high quality pick up with much room to never run out of, and very reliable, (usually). this is a must have!"

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, driving, amenities"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I own a 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL. We liked this vehicle when they first came out. We bought ours brand new in 2008 and we love it. It is very comfortable and easy to drive. It is very smooth even at very high speeds. I really like some of the special amenities like the hidden waterproof trunk. Even though ours is 6 years old now it is still like brand new. The only negative is the gas mileage. It doesn't bother me because we don't put a lot of miles on it."

I love this truck. It is amazing.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable, stylish looking, versatile,"

Cons: "tires are expensive."

"I bought my Ridgeline in2005 when it first came out. I was amazed and delighted with the trunk. I am still very satisfied with the way it drives and the gas milage it gets. This has been the best car/truck I ever owned. We take it on vacation. Long trips are very comfortable with this truck. there is plenty of room for 5 adults and baggage."

Why are there not more of these on the road?

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Value, aesthetics, trunk, 2-way tailgate"

Cons: "Fuel milage (20ish)"

"I have 2008 RTX and it has been PERFECT for me. This truck is not going to haul a 10,000lb trailer. If you purchase with that knowledge, you cannot be disatisfied. I haul a camper regularly, 2 jet skies, and trailers of dirt with ease. If you are thinking of a new truck/vehicle, you owe it to yourself to at least test drive this well engineered package. Nothing bad to say, can't wait to purchase my new one."