• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2006 Honda Ridgeline

Based on 638 Ratings for the 2006 - 2014 models.

Great passenger/Truck, great trunk

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Honda got it right the first time"

Cons: "Navi screen needs to be tilted to driver"

"Only regular maintenance, NO major/minor transmission or engine work. Navi screen should tilt to driver; I highly recommend this truck, one of the best all around."

Best PU I have owned

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and fullfills our needs."

Cons: "Gas mileage, towing capabilities."

"I own several vehicles. I have owned several different pickups over the years. I owned Toyota, Nissan, even a VW pickup years ago. I owned a Dodge Dakota with hemi engine. I wanted something dependable and comfortable without being too large for the wife. I looked at SUV vehicles and almost purchased the Pilot. I needed something to tow a small camping trailer and also something that was more car like in handling and comfort. I like the idea of also having a bed that I could carry things like a lawnmower or even something larger without having it inside of the cab area. I drove almost everything available. A friend asked me if I had driven the Ridgeline. I had not so, I went and took one out for a test drive. Well, I should not have done that because when I got out of it and got back into my Dodge, I felt like I was driving a log wagon. The Ridgeline drove so well and felt so tight and controlled and it just felt very well constructed. The steering response was very good and it just felt like a vehicle that I would enjoy driving. I thought about the truck the rest of the week and went and found just the one I wanted at a dealer not to far from my house. I got the RTL w/navi. I have had the truck since 2006 and it just turned 41,000 miles. I keep it clean, serviced and well cared for. When I took it for the service a couple of weeks ago, the shop manager said it looked new and he had never seen a cleaner engine bay and interior on any truck. He said the truck was just like new. They really did a good job of checking everything out and said the truck needed nothing but the regular maintenance. It still have the original Michelin tires and they have a lot o life still left on them. The truck is parked mostly inside during the day and stays in a garage at night. The paint looks new and I love the truck more than any vehicle I have ever owned. When asked if I wanted to sell it, I said, why??? I would definitely want another Ridgeline if I sold my truck. My wife loves the truck also. She said she was so afraid I was going to get a truck that was too large for her to feel comfortable driving. The size of the truck is so manageable. It really replaces a car and a truck. If I needed something larger and perhaps stronger, I would get a full sized truck. But the Ridgeline completely fulfills our need for a pickup. It is unique in many ways and I will keep it as long as I can. I would certainly recommend the truck to anyone wanting a dependable, mid sized truck that drives like a fine car. I had rather drive it than my Mercedes. It just feels good to drive it in town and on the road. It is a very smooth highway vehicle that doesn't tire you out behind the wheel. The vehicle is relatively quiet and really travels down the highway."

Great truck. Fair gas milage.

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

"Could be a little more fuel efficient. Over all good reliable vehicle."

best truck I have ever owned

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"best experience, never regret owning"

Wonderful vehicle. Pickup feels like a Caddilac.

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "I knew I was Safe (and comfortable) when driving."

Cons: "A stronger engine to be nice drive camper in Mts."

Touring the Rockies with a 17' camper.

"Advantages of a pick-up as well as a 'higher' view of driving ~ my 5' wife loved being able to 'see' over traffic. Heated leather seats, power driver's seat, lumbar supports that work. 'Room' for each passenger. Rear seats have inset hooks for three (3) infant seats. Air conditioning and heating vents into back seat. Tailgate opens 'down' OR swings open. AND, besides a Huge trunk (hidden nicely) the spare tire "Slides" out to you at waist level. The 'truck bed' has a special protective cover like a 'rhino cover'. Wonderful & Useable truckbed lights. ~ (comparing to hauling like in a pickup) Does a Great job, though, could use middle attachment points. ~~ All in All, the Best vehicle I have ever owned, actually better than I thought possible to own."

Touring the Rockies with a 17' camper.

Incredible Vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Well designed, storage capacity, very reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

Ridgeline hauling a flat

"I bought my 2008 RTL brand new, it has never failed to start. I keep up with the maintenance by following the owners manual to the tee. Keep all fluids changed at the recommended intervals including the power steering, brake and drive train fluids. Last winter in a major snowstorm I was driving around stuck full size beefed up Ford's and Chevy pickups on a closed interstate highway. The front bumper of my truck was literally pushing snow. The drivers were shocked as I drove around the mess of cars and trucks. This thing has an incredible 4-wheel drive, especially with the Michelin M/S LTX tires that come OEM. I going to drive mine another 100K miles and get the next generation. I highly recommend this truck, it won't let you down."

Ridgeline hauling a flat

Best pickup ever!

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "perfect cheap and fun"

"Best Pickup ever for everybody, its comfortable, powerful at 120 and design is ok. high quality pick up with much room to never run out of, and very reliable, (usually). this is a must have!"

Best Vehicle Ever

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, reliability, driving, amenities"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I own a 2008 Honda Ridgeline RTL. We liked this vehicle when they first came out. We bought ours brand new in 2008 and we love it. It is very comfortable and easy to drive. It is very smooth even at very high speeds. I really like some of the special amenities like the hidden waterproof trunk. Even though ours is 6 years old now it is still like brand new. The only negative is the gas mileage. It doesn't bother me because we don't put a lot of miles on it."

I love this truck. It is amazing.

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Very dependable, stylish looking, versatile,"

Cons: "tires are expensive."

"I bought my Ridgeline in2005 when it first came out. I was amazed and delighted with the trunk. I am still very satisfied with the way it drives and the gas milage it gets. This has been the best car/truck I ever owned. We take it on vacation. Long trips are very comfortable with this truck. there is plenty of room for 5 adults and baggage."

Why are there not more of these on the road?

By on Thursday, July 10, 2014

Pros: "Value, aesthetics, trunk, 2-way tailgate"

Cons: "Fuel milage (20ish)"

"I have 2008 RTX and it has been PERFECT for me. This truck is not going to haul a 10,000lb trailer. If you purchase with that knowledge, you cannot be disatisfied. I haul a camper regularly, 2 jet skies, and trailers of dirt with ease. If you are thinking of a new truck/vehicle, you owe it to yourself to at least test drive this well engineered package. Nothing bad to say, can't wait to purchase my new one."