2015 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,370 - $28,488.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 90 days within 100 miles.

10/7.7

Based on 312 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Had it a week

By on Thursday, November 12, 2009

"And I love it, traded in a '04 Element and now I'm living the high life! I broke the bank and got the Touring Edition, black on black, and I feel like I'm driving a luxury vehicle after coming out of the thrifty Element. I paid $100 above invoice so I'm happy w/the price considering KBB says folks are paying close to MSRP. Great stereo, nav is right on and easy, love the blue tooth connection w/my phone. It's comfortable but I don't feel fantastic over my 1 hr commute. Gas mileage hurts, got 16.5 on my first tank and I'm a gentle driver. Of course the engine needs to break in but I doubt I'll ever see 20mpg."

great suv for the money

By on Monday, March 21, 2011

"had 2009 honda pilot trded it and got 2011 nissan quest .i traded my quest with only 351 miles .i missed my pilot got a 2011 ex an i glad i got back into a pilot great resale value feels safe and snow and ice are no problem.drove the toyota highlander felt cheap and was more money and had poor resale value.my pilot has a ton of romm im 6.5 and my son who is 17 is 6.8 tall plenty of space i love this suv...."

Love My Honda Pilot

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, Comfort, Entertaining"

"I first owned a civic in 2002, then a CrV in 2006, and finally pilot in 2009. Then got the "I need a new car bug" and traded it in for a Dodge Journey. I hated it! So I searched high and low and got another Honda Pilot. No I know this is the car i want. My kids love the DVD player, I love the 8 passenger option, and there is no security like driving a honda. They are built to go forever....."

All-around excellent value and fun to drive

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pros: "Good value, reliable, enjoyable to drive."

Cons: "Ventilation controls could be a easier to use."

"We have owned this vehicle for nine months, and the more I drive it, the more I like it. We drive in traffic and it's nice to be able to see what's going on in front of you. It's plenty roomy, maneuverable, and fun. The ventilation controls are different than our Accord, so I always have to look, but there are numerous options. Overall, I like driving it better than any vehicle we have owned, including our Maxima station wagon and either of our Accords, which I really enjoyed. We've driven nothing but Hondas for 12 years, and they have been unfailingly reliable so far."

So far (500 miles) So GOOD 3 days old ....

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "See review.."

Cons: "None I've found yet ..."

"Owned a NUMBER of vehicles, but none better or even close!! It's a deceptive vehicle, BIG on the inside, about the same size outside as the Ford Edge I traded. Very practical,tons of interior room, good looking, many features (still finding a new one each time I drive it), transparent AWD, peppy motor, handles quite well, ride quality is tops among the SUV's I've' driven, better fuel economy than the FWD Edge"

good suv

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "you could include more accessories for 30K"

"increase power by 20 HP, increase EPA in Highway, improve the aerodynamic in the front and it will be perfect."

Best Family SUV

By on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Best SUV in the market in its class. We just bought Pilot 4x4/RES Leather. we never feel any more noise as compare to some other brands. i agree that it has a bit of hard plastics which could have been a luxury soft plastic. It is not meant for Off Roading because it is not a Real time Truck. It is SUV for families with Kids with tons of leg, head, hip, shoulder etc etc etc Room. looks Preety good Boxy sexy. We dont care what other people says This is still best SUV, other best SUV is Toyota 4Runner. By the way this is my 3rd Honda and I am loyal to honda cars and Toyota cars."

By on Thursday, October 14, 2010

back door plastic

By on Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"The only issue I have with the pilot is the 5th door hatch plastic is too thin. I have broke out 2 back door plastic's. I really hope they can fix this defect in future models. Dealership charges $350 to fix. It is just too thin."

Strong Vehicle

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Not the most upscale as it doesn't turn heads, but an incredibly functional and reliable vehicle that offers everything at a reasonable price."

By on Monday, February 08, 2010

I love my 2010 Touring Pilot.

By on Saturday, December 05, 2009

"I moved from a 2004 Honda Pilot to the Touring Pilot for 2010. What a car, M.B. nor Lexus has anything over the Pilot. Runs and performs great, the ride is like a world class car. Ergonomics are awsome, the GPS system/Bluetooth is great. Regarding some reviews stating the steering tilts to the right, it does, ever so slightly though and not an issue for me. Fuel economy is not as good as my 2004 pilot, I thought with the VMC would make up for the larger size Pilot, but it does not. This is a great car."

2010 Pilot EX-L

By on Monday, November 16, 2009

"I absolutely love this SUV. It has great head and leg room. It has a very good list of options for this model. The vehicle feels very solid, but the ride is very comfortable for an SUV. It is slightly wider than I expected, which took me a little while to get used to when it comes to parking it in the center of the marked lines. The only thing I have yet to figure out is where Honda gets the estimated 23 MPH highway. The best I've seen to date is 21."

Best buy so far!

By on Saturday, October 31, 2009

"I bought this car for my wife after totalled her camry. We have a young kid at home and were looking for a mini-van at the beginning, then saw the new Pilot and salesman suggested we test drive it. We ended up buying it on the same day. The ride is the best and driving it everyday becomes a joy! Moreover, the third row is the most comfortable we have tested. When we test drive a car, I will drive it while my wife sits on the third row so that we know exactly how each ride is like. I will definitely recommend this car to anyone."

2011 Pilot Touring

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Good trip vehicle, lots of extras"

Cons: "Cost-over $42K, ride is still a little rough."

"This is my second Pilot and 1st touring model. I really like the features and convenience items. The power tailgate is a plus. The split in the tailgate that allows the window to open while the gate is closed is also good. Like this vehicle better than my old Cadillac Seville."

Pretty good

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Practical, roomy, lots of seating"

Cons: "Lots of plastic inside, gas mileage is OK"

"It's a reliable, practical vehicle. Being a Honda, however, the little things inside are just not always the greatest quality. Overall, it's a pretty good vehicle."

Economical HMMWV!!

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Ease to drive, looks, everything"

Cons: "Adjusting to width, instument controls"

"We have had our 2012 Pilot Touring w/RES & Nav since November 2011. It has been an incredible car/truck. It is very easy to drive as the steering is responsive and smooth. The engine is no maintenance and stong (not throaty or truck-like)...we had used synthetic oil since mile #1. We have black on black...so, it shows extremely well, almost luxury when detailed. We couldn't be happier, as its the wife's car and the boys thoroughly enjoy the space and conveniences. The cargo room is more than you would expect (I have easily moved furniture and a full size bed w/box spring just by putting the second row down). The toughest adjustment was getting used to the instrument controls/RES/radio controls and getting comfortable with the width of the Pilot (it is wider than the standard SUV). I highly recommend this car for those that don't want the stereotype of a minivan, but the conveniences of one. It has the reliability of a Honda, quality of a Lexus, and size of a HMMWV."

GREAT FOR THE PRICE

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "GREAT DEAL"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE IS VERY POOR"

"CONSIDERING THE COMPETITION IS 20K MORE..THIS IS AN EXCELLENT VEHICLE."

nearly 200k and no problems

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "great ride, vary reliable, great V6"

Cons: "not as powerful as other in its class"

"I love my 2004 honda pilot ive got nearly 200,000 miles and the biggest thing ive had to do to it is change the spark-plugs and the air filter it runs great and drives well for a suv it's size the only problem i have with it is the 4-wheel drive lacks some ablity when compared to some other suv's in its class but i cant complain to much it gotten me though some bad bad snow stoms and mud, i plan on buying a new 2012"

Great family car, nice muscle suv look!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Versatile, Seats 8 people comfortably, Muscle look"

Cons: "15 mpg average in cities."

"Ah the 2011 Honda Pilot. An amazing car, and the last years of the "muscle SUV" look. For a midsize SUV with a fullsize SUV interior you couldn't ask for more. The gas milleage can be a little rough at times, but it's an SUV not a prius. The car's manual states that it can only tow 4,500 lbs, however I know from experience that towing 5,000 is easy in this car (with surge brakes on the trailer). After 2011 they have now released the new Pilot that has a "family minivan / sedan" look to it. If you want a car that will last 20-40 years, and still keep its value. This is the car for you."

third honda, second pilot - all great cars

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "look, safe, easy to drive, lots of room"

Cons: "price a bit high, interior not better than 08"

"have owned three hondas in the past 10 years, all have been great. this is my second pilot and I am very happy with the car. third row comes in handy, but is a tight fit--not something you would want to use daily or for adults on long road trips. fits kids great. interior is a bit lower quality (or I just do not like the style) than previous model, but still very nice. never had a problem with the car. tire did wear down very fast. at 15K was told they would need to be replaced next rotation? Seems odd to me. Will own more hondas and maybe another pilot soon--though, may need the odyssey to fit all the kids."

My Second Pilot Purchase - GREAT vehicle!

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Great value, lots of interior space, smooth ride"

Cons: "Awkward glove box"

"Traded in my '03 EX on a '12 EX. Love the improvements to the interior - way more passenger space, particularly in second row. I have made two road trips @ about 1,200 miles each and the ride is so smooth and comfortable. Average about 23-23.5 on the highway (70 mph), but easily 18 mph around town. Cargo space has always been generous. Road noise much improved. My only two "complaints" are minor: first, the glove box sits too low to stretch out long legs. Nix the viewable storage space for a larger, higher glove box. Second, provide the option of a sunroof on EX models. Right now, a sunroof can only be purchased in conjunction with leather seats on the EX-L models. I'm not a leather fan, but would gladly pay for a sunroof. Other than that, I am one happy repeat buyer!"

Smooth ride quiet handles very well

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Room to spare. Very stable ride."

Cons: "Dash controls are a little overwhelming at first."

"I have owned several SUV's in this price range and this is by far the best one yet..Considering all the options it was priced very fairly."

Not bad for my first Honda

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Compared to my Expedition, it was all about gas mileage. I fell in love with how my 2012 Pilot had so much room for being a small suv. My Pilot is just right for the family, kids fit well in all rows. I thought I would miss my Expedition, but I soon relized the Expidition had alot of wasted space. I recently bought a 2011 Ford Flex, yes I have one less seat. I was really disapointed to get better gas mileage on the Flex than my Pilot. Even with the new engine Honda has in the new Pilot it's not all that. My Flex is alot roomier than my pilot. As far as getting more bang for my buck, I was really surprised how many options that came with my ford compared to my Pilot. My only worry about the Ford Flex is how long will the motor last compared to my Pilot. Honda has always had a super product, the only down size was the comfort, I feel the Pilot was built to cheep on the inside. When in my Flex I feel like a million bucks. When I'm in my Pilot I feel my Pilot will be here in the family for a long time."

Love this car!

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

"Drove Explorers in the past and loved them too. Decided to go with the Honda Pilot this last time and we've been completely pleased. Plenty of room for hauling grandchildren. The car is quiet and smooth to drive. I feel it has great safety equipment and reliability. I haven't had any problems with it at all."