2014 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $26,528 - $27,890.

10/7.8

Based on 311 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Had it a week

By on Thursday, November 12, 2009

"And I love it, traded in a '04 Element and now I'm living the high life! I broke the bank and got the Touring Edition, black on black, and I feel like I'm driving a luxury vehicle after coming out of the thrifty Element. I paid $100 above invoice so I'm happy w/the price considering KBB says folks are paying close to MSRP. Great stereo, nav is right on and easy, love the blue tooth connection w/my phone. It's comfortable but I don't feel fantastic over my 1 hr commute. Gas mileage hurts, got 16.5 on my first tank and I'm a gentle driver. Of course the engine needs to break in but I doubt I'll ever see 20mpg."

Very useful

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Space, Fuel economy, storage"

Cons: "Bit of wind noise."

"Spacious interior. Good storage bins. Nice seating arrangement. Good thigh support for second row. Great fuel economy. I drive carefully and I have been averaging 25mpg. around 30 percent city and 70 percenthighway. 65mph speed. Smooth acceleration and deceleration and coasting when you can is key to good mpg."

Love My Honda Pilot

By on Monday, January 30, 2012

Pros: "Dependable, Comfort, Entertaining"

"I first owned a civic in 2002, then a CrV in 2006, and finally pilot in 2009. Then got the "I need a new car bug" and traded it in for a Dodge Journey. I hated it! So I searched high and low and got another Honda Pilot. No I know this is the car i want. My kids love the DVD player, I love the 8 passenger option, and there is no security like driving a honda. They are built to go forever....."

Best SUV I have owned.

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive"

"If the moment at hand involves up to eight people, a load of gear,or building supplies from your home center the Pilot can do it with ease."

comfort, space, and tows 4500 lbs.

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "comfortable to drive on long drives"

Cons: "no bluetooth or rear camera on ex"

"Great vehicle for weekend getaways. the Pilot will move a family of 5 and all the luggage they need in complete comfort and safety. Skip the luggage and it can hold 8 although the 3 in the rear seat will be a little cramped. Heating and cooling system handles the interior nicely. The road noise is less than my last Civic. One of the best views of the road of any vehicle I've owned. The center dash controls are a little too busy, but this has been changed on the 2012."

So far (500 miles) So GOOD 3 days old ....

By on Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pros: "See review.."

Cons: "None I've found yet ..."

"Owned a NUMBER of vehicles, but none better or even close!! It's a deceptive vehicle, BIG on the inside, about the same size outside as the Ford Edge I traded. Very practical,tons of interior room, good looking, many features (still finding a new one each time I drive it), transparent AWD, peppy motor, handles quite well, ride quality is tops among the SUV's I've' driven, better fuel economy than the FWD Edge"

All-around excellent value and fun to drive

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pros: "Good value, reliable, enjoyable to drive."

Cons: "Ventilation controls could be a easier to use."

"We have owned this vehicle for nine months, and the more I drive it, the more I like it. We drive in traffic and it's nice to be able to see what's going on in front of you. It's plenty roomy, maneuverable, and fun. The ventilation controls are different than our Accord, so I always have to look, but there are numerous options. Overall, I like driving it better than any vehicle we have owned, including our Maxima station wagon and either of our Accords, which I really enjoyed. We've driven nothing but Hondas for 12 years, and they have been unfailingly reliable so far."

Excellent drive and handling while meeting...

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "CD-L library, Blue tooth, handling"

Cons: "None so far, very happy camper."

"I saw the commercials, I read thr brouchers, but have been a die-hard toyota fan for years. I have owned BMWs, Ford, Toyota, VW. I was looking to re-finance my TRD tuned up 2007 Toyota FJ Crusier, however I took a peak through the galss of the Pilot of the shworoom floor to see what all the hype was about. I was left floored. I loved my FJ for its handling, ability to go to the beach and back while easily being cleaned out, but with a growing family felt limited with the room. Test drove the 2012 Pilot and within minutes was in beyond impressed with what it had to offer. Features on the EX was impressive, a few thousand more and you get pretty much all the bells and whistles. Like the quite drive, the Variable Cylinder Managementis impressive delivering power when you want it, and going into ECO when you reach crusing speed whether on the freeway, or the city streets. Well built. Sturdy, quiet, very groomed and defined profile. Amazing - I have been asked by many out holiday shopping myriad questions. Honda definitly listened to the consumer and tuned up and fixed some of the prior pilot's quirks (3rd row seating ventilation, look, profile, handling. Highly recommend. All I will be doing is tossing in a K"

good suv

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "you could include more accessories for 30K"

"increase power by 20 HP, increase EPA in Highway, improve the aerodynamic in the front and it will be perfect."

great suv for the money

By on Monday, March 21, 2011

"had 2009 honda pilot trded it and got 2011 nissan quest .i traded my quest with only 351 miles .i missed my pilot got a 2011 ex an i glad i got back into a pilot great resale value feels safe and snow and ice are no problem.drove the toyota highlander felt cheap and was more money and had poor resale value.my pilot has a ton of romm im 6.5 and my son who is 17 is 6.8 tall plenty of space i love this suv...."

Best Family SUV

By on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"Best SUV in the market in its class. We just bought Pilot 4x4/RES Leather. we never feel any more noise as compare to some other brands. i agree that it has a bit of hard plastics which could have been a luxury soft plastic. It is not meant for Off Roading because it is not a Real time Truck. It is SUV for families with Kids with tons of leg, head, hip, shoulder etc etc etc Room. looks Preety good Boxy sexy. We dont care what other people says This is still best SUV, other best SUV is Toyota 4Runner. By the way this is my 3rd Honda and I am loyal to honda cars and Toyota cars."

By on Thursday, October 14, 2010

back door plastic

By on Tuesday, June 29, 2010

"The only issue I have with the pilot is the 5th door hatch plastic is too thin. I have broke out 2 back door plastic's. I really hope they can fix this defect in future models. Dealership charges $350 to fix. It is just too thin."

Strong Vehicle

By on Thursday, April 29, 2010

"Not the most upscale as it doesn't turn heads, but an incredibly functional and reliable vehicle that offers everything at a reasonable price."

By on Monday, February 08, 2010

I love my 2010 Touring Pilot.

By on Saturday, December 05, 2009

"I moved from a 2004 Honda Pilot to the Touring Pilot for 2010. What a car, M.B. nor Lexus has anything over the Pilot. Runs and performs great, the ride is like a world class car. Ergonomics are awsome, the GPS system/Bluetooth is great. Regarding some reviews stating the steering tilts to the right, it does, ever so slightly though and not an issue for me. Fuel economy is not as good as my 2004 pilot, I thought with the VMC would make up for the larger size Pilot, but it does not. This is a great car."

2010 Pilot EX-L

By on Monday, November 16, 2009

"I absolutely love this SUV. It has great head and leg room. It has a very good list of options for this model. The vehicle feels very solid, but the ride is very comfortable for an SUV. It is slightly wider than I expected, which took me a little while to get used to when it comes to parking it in the center of the marked lines. The only thing I have yet to figure out is where Honda gets the estimated 23 MPH highway. The best I've seen to date is 21."

Best buy so far!

By on Saturday, October 31, 2009

"I bought this car for my wife after totalled her camry. We have a young kid at home and were looking for a mini-van at the beginning, then saw the new Pilot and salesman suggested we test drive it. We ended up buying it on the same day. The ride is the best and driving it everyday becomes a joy! Moreover, the third row is the most comfortable we have tested. When we test drive a car, I will drive it while my wife sits on the third row so that we know exactly how each ride is like. I will definitely recommend this car to anyone."

2011 Pilot Touring

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Good trip vehicle, lots of extras"

Cons: "Cost-over $42K, ride is still a little rough."

"This is my second Pilot and 1st touring model. I really like the features and convenience items. The power tailgate is a plus. The split in the tailgate that allows the window to open while the gate is closed is also good. Like this vehicle better than my old Cadillac Seville."

Pretty good

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

Pros: "Practical, roomy, lots of seating"

Cons: "Lots of plastic inside, gas mileage is OK"

"It's a reliable, practical vehicle. Being a Honda, however, the little things inside are just not always the greatest quality. Overall, it's a pretty good vehicle."

Economical HMMWV!!

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Ease to drive, looks, everything"

Cons: "Adjusting to width, instument controls"

"We have had our 2012 Pilot Touring w/RES & Nav since November 2011. It has been an incredible car/truck. It is very easy to drive as the steering is responsive and smooth. The engine is no maintenance and stong (not throaty or truck-like)...we had used synthetic oil since mile #1. We have black on black...so, it shows extremely well, almost luxury when detailed. We couldn't be happier, as its the wife's car and the boys thoroughly enjoy the space and conveniences. The cargo room is more than you would expect (I have easily moved furniture and a full size bed w/box spring just by putting the second row down). The toughest adjustment was getting used to the instrument controls/RES/radio controls and getting comfortable with the width of the Pilot (it is wider than the standard SUV). I highly recommend this car for those that don't want the stereotype of a minivan, but the conveniences of one. It has the reliability of a Honda, quality of a Lexus, and size of a HMMWV."

GREAT FOR THE PRICE

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "GREAT DEAL"

Cons: "GAS MILEAGE IS VERY POOR"

"CONSIDERING THE COMPETITION IS 20K MORE..THIS IS AN EXCELLENT VEHICLE."

nearly 200k and no problems

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "great ride, vary reliable, great V6"

Cons: "not as powerful as other in its class"

"I love my 2004 honda pilot ive got nearly 200,000 miles and the biggest thing ive had to do to it is change the spark-plugs and the air filter it runs great and drives well for a suv it's size the only problem i have with it is the 4-wheel drive lacks some ablity when compared to some other suv's in its class but i cant complain to much it gotten me though some bad bad snow stoms and mud, i plan on buying a new 2012"

Great family car, nice muscle suv look!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Versatile, Seats 8 people comfortably, Muscle look"

Cons: "15 mpg average in cities."

"Ah the 2011 Honda Pilot. An amazing car, and the last years of the "muscle SUV" look. For a midsize SUV with a fullsize SUV interior you couldn't ask for more. The gas milleage can be a little rough at times, but it's an SUV not a prius. The car's manual states that it can only tow 4,500 lbs, however I know from experience that towing 5,000 is easy in this car (with surge brakes on the trailer). After 2011 they have now released the new Pilot that has a "family minivan / sedan" look to it. If you want a car that will last 20-40 years, and still keep its value. This is the car for you."

third honda, second pilot - all great cars

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "look, safe, easy to drive, lots of room"

Cons: "price a bit high, interior not better than 08"

"have owned three hondas in the past 10 years, all have been great. this is my second pilot and I am very happy with the car. third row comes in handy, but is a tight fit--not something you would want to use daily or for adults on long road trips. fits kids great. interior is a bit lower quality (or I just do not like the style) than previous model, but still very nice. never had a problem with the car. tire did wear down very fast. at 15K was told they would need to be replaced next rotation? Seems odd to me. Will own more hondas and maybe another pilot soon--though, may need the odyssey to fit all the kids."