2012 Honda Pilot

Based on 312 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

third honda, second pilot - all great cars

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "look, safe, easy to drive, lots of room"

Cons: "price a bit high, interior not better than 08"

"have owned three hondas in the past 10 years, all have been great. this is my second pilot and I am very happy with the car. third row comes in handy, but is a tight fit--not something you would want to use daily or for adults on long road trips. fits kids great. interior is a bit lower quality (or I just do not like the style) than previous model, but still very nice. never had a problem with the car. tire did wear down very fast. at 15K was told they would need to be replaced next rotation? Seems odd to me. Will own more hondas and maybe another pilot soon--though, may need the odyssey to fit all the kids."

My Second Pilot Purchase - GREAT vehicle!

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Great value, lots of interior space, smooth ride"

Cons: "Awkward glove box"

"Traded in my '03 EX on a '12 EX. Love the improvements to the interior - way more passenger space, particularly in second row. I have made two road trips @ about 1,200 miles each and the ride is so smooth and comfortable. Average about 23-23.5 on the highway (70 mph), but easily 18 mph around town. Cargo space has always been generous. Road noise much improved. My only two "complaints" are minor: first, the glove box sits too low to stretch out long legs. Nix the viewable storage space for a larger, higher glove box. Second, provide the option of a sunroof on EX models. Right now, a sunroof can only be purchased in conjunction with leather seats on the EX-L models. I'm not a leather fan, but would gladly pay for a sunroof. Other than that, I am one happy repeat buyer!"

Smooth ride quiet handles very well

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

Pros: "Room to spare. Very stable ride."

Cons: "Dash controls are a little overwhelming at first."

"I have owned several SUV's in this price range and this is by far the best one yet..Considering all the options it was priced very fairly."

Not bad for my first Honda

By on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Compared to my Expedition, it was all about gas mileage. I fell in love with how my 2012 Pilot had so much room for being a small suv. My Pilot is just right for the family, kids fit well in all rows. I thought I would miss my Expedition, but I soon relized the Expidition had alot of wasted space. I recently bought a 2011 Ford Flex, yes I have one less seat. I was really disapointed to get better gas mileage on the Flex than my Pilot. Even with the new engine Honda has in the new Pilot it's not all that. My Flex is alot roomier than my pilot. As far as getting more bang for my buck, I was really surprised how many options that came with my ford compared to my Pilot. My only worry about the Ford Flex is how long will the motor last compared to my Pilot. Honda has always had a super product, the only down size was the comfort, I feel the Pilot was built to cheep on the inside. When in my Flex I feel like a million bucks. When I'm in my Pilot I feel my Pilot will be here in the family for a long time."

Love this car!

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

"Drove Explorers in the past and loved them too. Decided to go with the Honda Pilot this last time and we've been completely pleased. Plenty of room for hauling grandchildren. The car is quiet and smooth to drive. I feel it has great safety equipment and reliability. I haven't had any problems with it at all."

impressed !!!

By on Saturday, March 26, 2011

"This vehicle is very impressive, it does everything well. Typical Honda quality and a rock solid ride. It is fully featured, technology packed and very nice ride quality. I would recommend this to anybody in the market for an SUV, oh yeah, the resale value is great!!!"

Best Car Purchase Ever

By on Tuesday, March 01, 2011

"After growing concerns with our Sienna, and Toyotas inability to correct them, we decided to give Honda a try. I was tired of being a Dad driving a Mini-Van, so we looked into the Pilot as an alternative, since it seats same number of people. There is 5 of us, so having room to seperate kids is a must. The car drives beutifully, and the Variable Cylinder technology is awesome. We try to see how long we can get the little green "eco" light to stay on. The EX-L trim is a must if you want the Rear Entertainment System. Sound system in this thing is amazing.The only concern I have uncovered so far is the seat placement. With one car seat, and one booster seat, and the need to keep 4 year old farther away from 18 month old and the 11 year old, the car seat arrangement was a slight challenge, but that is only because I wanted to maintain maximum versatility with strollers, and other cargo loading. Hond's Lease program is great too."

Excellent Vehicle on Ice

By on Sunday, January 23, 2011

"2009 Pilot handles on snow and ice like a champ. Excellent control and stability. I have had mine for three months and love the ride and comfort. Being 6'4'' this vehicle has plenty of head and leg room. I would recommend this to any one looking for a larger SUV."

By on Friday, October 29, 2010

"awsome vehicle..this is the second one i've owned..love it...the only thing i wished honda did, was increase the power and torque to atleast 275-285."

By on Monday, October 04, 2010

"I bought my Honda Pilot EX-L Feb 2009 and have been so impressed with the way it drives like a sedan. I love the fact the rearview mirror doubles as a back-up camera (so sleek). You can't go wrong buying this vehicle"