2012 Honda Pilot

Based on 295 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Excellent value

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "comfortable"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"I have had mine for over a year and I love it. In the beginning, the transmission shift points were not to my liking, but the car learned how I drive and now it's shift points are where I wanted them to be. Excellent on highway and long trips"

Excellent Family Car and traveling

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "Great Price. Good MPG. Holds 2 adults 4"

Cons: "radio lacking some options."

"Great car. Purchased one new for 29,000. We have put a lot of miles on this car in 1 year. Over 20,000. Lots of traveling on road trip up the mountains and to the beach. Handles great in the snow. Good MPG around 25MPG on long trips packed with 2 dogs and 4 small children. ONly complaint is the radio, lacks some controls. But the bluetooth is easy to use and the radio is very good. I love how the seats can move around. Easy to carry 2 adults 4 children and 2 dogs!"

Great SUV!!

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Roomy, Great Quality"

Cons: "Pricey"

"I love the Honda Pilot. This is the 2nd one that I have owned. My current Pilot has 105,000 miles & still going strong. It has never been in the shop, other than routine maintenance. This vehicle has plenty of room and drives great. In the past, I have owned another Pilot, a Chevy Trailblazer, and a Chevy Tahoe. For the money, I would have to say with the Pilot you get more bang for your buck. Although the Tahoe was a great vehicle, gas prices are much better with the V6 engine that you get with the Pilot. Also with Honda's reputation, I am sure this car will be good for at least another 100,000 miles."

Great SUV 8 Passenger

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

"Driven three years with no problems"

Very good SUV

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Does almost every thing well, and in comfort"

Cons: "Plastic interior parts and clunky navigation"

"We leased a 2011 Touring 4WD, and bought it out at the end of the term because we really liked the car and it has been a very reliable SUV. It does most every thing well. Only complaints are that the navigation interface is kind of clunky and there is lots of cheap plastic inside the cabin. The carpet in the cargo area unfortunately grabs sand and debris and won't let go. Overall a very nice, roomy, dependable SUV that we expect will probably last us well for several more years. Don't think we could have made a better choice on a 2011 vehicle."

Great Value and Car for the Money

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "great value, easy to drive, safe, fast for segment"

Cons: "lacking in some new "2014 Features""

"By no means is this car considered to be in "luxury" segment, but in this car, its not missed. Its functional, practical, reliable, honest, and useful. In the two years we have owned this car, it has started up, every single time, without failure. The only place where this car is lacking is in the active safety features and cheap plastics on the interior. It should have BSM (Blind Spot Monitoring), LDW (Land Departure Warning), and FCW (Forward Collision Warning) seeing as this is a bigger car. Although the visibility is good, it would be nice to see and have added safety as children are typically in this car. Within the interior, there are many soft touch, padded, leather wrapped materials, but the center stack and dashboard are lacking in quality. They look cheap but the fit and finish is excellent. It has been very comfortable on long trips. The kids do not complain of anything in the back seats, and the front seats are very supportive and have a good range of motion. This car drives as a much smaller car yet, the limits are quickly approached, and there is a noticeable amount of body roll. It has a smooth 5 Speed A/T although that produces a smooth, agile, and refined ride, although if Honda Opted to go with a 6 or even 7 speed A/T this car would not suffer as much at the pump. Overall, we have been very happy with this vehicle as it has been easy to maintain, reliable, and comfortable."

Quality is bad!

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "Price is good."

Cons: "Too many problems."

"I'm very disappointed about this vehicle. I will never buy Honda vehicle again."

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "roomy, fun to drive, economically sound"

Cons: "maintenance costly; dealership hikes up prices"

"I had always heard about the great reviews Honda vehicles got year in and year out. However, I was never financially able to own one. The first chance I got and when I did become financially able, I purchased one. Now I know why other Honda owners have cars that are 10, 15, & 20 years old. I love this vehicle. So much so that I bought it for myself. I bought my wife another vehicle from another brand and she immediately switched with me because of how much she liked the overall better quality and feel. Guess I'm stuck unless I can financially buy another!"

My 5th Honda Pilot

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Plenty of room and easy to drive."

Cons: "Fit and trim is marginal."

"I have owned a 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010 and now a 2012 Honda Pilot. I love them but have noticed that the quality of interior fit and trim has gone down. In addition the software has become much more difficult to set up and use. I am hoping this will improve for the 2015 Model, if not I may have to look at Toyota."

Very Spacious, quiet/comfortable non-bumpy ride

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Honda reliability, spacious, quiet drive, awesome!"

Cons: "Super firm seats and headrests, plastic interior"

"I always wanted a Pilot, so I traded in my '05 Honda Accord (which had over 232K miles and was still in good running condition) and have yet to be disappointed. The only minor things I would change are the seat and headrest could use a little more padding, they are a little hard, but not to the point of discomfort (I have neck and back issues and the seats do not bother me) and less plastic on interior surfaces. This obviously uses more gas than my 4 cyl. Accord, but still gets decent gas mileage, about 18 to 19 mpg average, considering the size of the vehicle. Engine runs extremely quiet, smooth ride, barely any road noise (I don't know why there have been complaints about the Pilot, but I had more road noise and bumpiness in my Accord than in the Pilot). CD, Aux, USB, good sound system, opening for back window is separate from the hatch opening. Lots and lots of storage space and so much headroom that an NBA player could sit comfortably even in the back. Love the look of the vehicle exterior which looks like higher end suvs without the pricey cost. Overall 9/10."