2011 Honda Pilot Consumer Reviews

All-around excellent value and fun to drive

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pros: "Good value, reliable, enjoyable to drive."

Cons: "Ventilation controls could be a easier to use."

"We have owned this vehicle for nine months, and the more I drive it, the more I like it. We drive in traffic and it's nice to be able to see what's going on in front of you. It's plenty roomy, maneuverable, and fun. The ventilation controls are different than our Accord, so I always have to look, but there are numerous options. Overall, I like driving it better than any vehicle we have owned, including our Maxima station wagon and either of our Accords, which I really enjoyed. We've driven nothing but Hondas for 12 years, and they have been unfailingly reliable so far."

overrated

By on Friday, December 11, 2015

Pros: "rear cup holders,tow hitch,latch system"

Cons: "poor braking,really bad blind spot,mileage"

"I originally bought a factory brand new(at the time)2012 Honda Odyssey thinking it would be great for all the road trips we'll be taking. After 3 years and not so many road trips(just one), got tired of having the Mommy Van and wanted something more Colorado winter-weather friendly. So we traded it in for a brand new 2015 Pilot and thought, 'This is the one'. pros: Its bigger, sits higher. If you have kids, there is the car seat latch-system in all seats for middle and back row. DVD fold down for the kiddos during long road trips. Not so many buttons on the key remote like the Odyssey to have to double check what you're pressing. Has towing capabilities or for those of you who want to just put a hitch on it to protect your bumper from someone backing into you in a parking lot. Middle seat is pretty roomy for an adult sitting between a car seat and a booster seat-legroom-wise was like I was sitting in the front seat, comfortable. Hidden storage is nice- minus the glove box(small). Can hold a full-sized spare. The kids viewing mirror is in a better position that is closer to the rear view mirror. Several ways to open/close the rear lift gate with button on drivers door, lift gate and button on the key. The rear cargo area also has access from the glass section if you don't want to open the entire lift gate. cons: The alloy rims stick out outward rather than in, unlike most make/models. Something you take for granted until you need to get as close as you can and there's a high curb. Not enough cup holders in the front(2), so if you have a water bottle while you and your passenger have soda cups, chances are its going to end up rolling on the floor every time you turn. Front seat flooring has no separator from the seat behind(middle row). So if you have a water bottle, baby bottle, toy ball rolling around and you don't know(from kids) chances are it could possibly make it way under your brake/accelerator pedal. I've found a large bouncing ball from a vending machine tucked behind my (Husky- for snow)mat once. Bad blind spot rear passenger corner. Poor braking, takes A LOT, A LOT of getting used to, my husband hates driving the Pilot because of this. The drivers seat adjuster raises the leg portion higher than the butt part of the chair and I'm 5'5, so I cant sit as high to view the front portion of the car as I'd like to(good for really tall people I suppose).If you're not limber, getting in the third row might be a challenge if you have grand parents riding with you and car seats in the middle row. Legroom in third row is a bit cramped on the legs for adults. Lastly, the gas mileage is no joke. In the summer I can get 23 mpg, winter 20/21 mpg"

Avoid This Car!! Too Many Issues

By on Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Pros: "Hate it"

Cons: "Hate it"

"I own a 2012 Honda Pilot with approximately 22,000 miles on it. I've had more issues with this care than my previous 9 cars combined. We have a squeaking that occurs every 30-60 seconds when the AC is on, 5 trips to the dealer and it's still not fixed. When shifting from park into drive, the transmission jolts frequently - 4 visits to the dealer, still not fixed. Now a new "special feature" when at a stop light, the car will randomly lunge into oncoming traffic. For your own safety, avoid Honda as their quality is lacking and the dealer can't seem to figure out how to keep this unit running."

1. My Information

* indicates required field.

Do not use your full name or email address; your privacy is important to us.

Location

2. My Rating

Use sliders to change values.

3. My Review

(e.g., best vehicle ever!) *

(Please no personal or dealership information or offensive language.) *

Not LikelyVery Likely

click & drag!
(e.g., great price, fun to drive)
(e.g., no cup holders)
Tips for Writing Reviews
Avoid:
  • Offensive or suggestive comments
  • Telling customers to shop elsewhere

Focus on:
  • The vehicle and your experience with it
  • Specific features of the vehicle
  • What's great about it? What's not so great?

4. My Uploads

Add photo (up to 5MB)

Uploading Photo....

upload successful! Remove
(e.g., Driving with the top down!)

Guidelines for Uploading Photos
  • Only one photo, up to 5MB
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • All photos must be your own
  • No nudity or obscene content
  • Inappropriate photos will cause your entire review to be rejected
Add video (only one allowed)
(paste the URL from your video on YouTube.)
(e.g., See it in action!)
Guidelines for Uploading Video
  • Maximum length: 5 minutes
  • No nudity or obscene content
  Important:
  • Focus on the vehicle and your experience with it
  • Write a caption
  • Upload your video to YouTube
  • Stick to the rules - so your review & video get published.

5. Notify Me

Please send me an email when my review is posted