2010 Honda Pilot

Based on 337 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

overrated

By on Friday, December 11, 2015

Pros: "rear cup holders,tow hitch,latch system"

Cons: "poor braking,really bad blind spot,mileage"

"I originally bought a factory brand new(at the time)2012 Honda Odyssey thinking it would be great for all the road trips we'll be taking. After 3 years and not so many road trips(just one), got tired of having the Mommy Van and wanted something more Colorado winter-weather friendly. So we traded it in for a brand new 2015 Pilot and thought, 'This is the one'. pros: Its bigger, sits higher. If you have kids, there is the car seat latch-system in all seats for middle and back row. DVD fold down for the kiddos during long road trips. Not so many buttons on the key remote like the Odyssey to have to double check what you're pressing. Has towing capabilities or for those of you who want to just put a hitch on it to protect your bumper from someone backing into you in a parking lot. Middle seat is pretty roomy for an adult sitting between a car seat and a booster seat-legroom-wise was like I was sitting in the front seat, comfortable. Hidden storage is nice- minus the glove box(small). Can hold a full-sized spare. The kids viewing mirror is in a better position that is closer to the rear view mirror. Several ways to open/close the rear lift gate with button on drivers door, lift gate and button on the key. The rear cargo area also has access from the glass section if you don't want to open the entire lift gate. cons: The alloy rims stick out outward rather than in, unlike most make/models. Something you take for granted until you need to get as close as you can and there's a high curb. Not enough cup holders in the front(2), so if you have a water bottle while you and your passenger have soda cups, chances are its going to end up rolling on the floor every time you turn. Front seat flooring has no separator from the seat behind(middle row). So if you have a water bottle, baby bottle, toy ball rolling around and you don't know(from kids) chances are it could possibly make it way under your brake/accelerator pedal. I've found a large bouncing ball from a vending machine tucked behind my (Husky- for snow)mat once. Bad blind spot rear passenger corner. Poor braking, takes A LOT, A LOT of getting used to, my husband hates driving the Pilot because of this. The drivers seat adjuster raises the leg portion higher than the butt part of the chair and I'm 5'5, so I cant sit as high to view the front portion of the car as I'd like to(good for really tall people I suppose).If you're not limber, getting in the third row might be a challenge if you have grand parents riding with you and car seats in the middle row. Legroom in third row is a bit cramped on the legs for adults. Lastly, the gas mileage is no joke. In the summer I can get 23 mpg, winter 20/21 mpg"

All-around excellent value and fun to drive

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

Pros: "Good value, reliable, enjoyable to drive."

Cons: "Ventilation controls could be a easier to use."

"We have owned this vehicle for nine months, and the more I drive it, the more I like it. We drive in traffic and it's nice to be able to see what's going on in front of you. It's plenty roomy, maneuverable, and fun. The ventilation controls are different than our Accord, so I always have to look, but there are numerous options. Overall, I like driving it better than any vehicle we have owned, including our Maxima station wagon and either of our Accords, which I really enjoyed. We've driven nothing but Hondas for 12 years, and they have been unfailingly reliable so far."

By on Monday, June 6, 2016

Reason: 50,800

Pros: "Fun to drive, smooth ride and good on gas."

Cons: "Tank like feel on the road due toits square shape"

"I really enjoyed driving the 2011 Pilot it handeled the road well, decent gas milage for the size and I traded it only to upgrade the safety features."

Economical HMMWV!!

By on Sunday, January 12, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, Ease to drive, looks, everything"

Cons: "Adjusting to width, instument controls"

"We have had our 2012 Pilot Touring w/RES & Nav since November 2011. It has been an incredible car/truck. It is very easy to drive as the steering is responsive and smooth. The engine is no maintenance and stong (not throaty or truck-like)...we had used synthetic oil since mile #1. We have black on black...so, it shows extremely well, almost luxury when detailed. We couldn't be happier, as its the wife's car and the boys thoroughly enjoy the space and conveniences. The cargo room is more than you would expect (I have easily moved furniture and a full size bed w/box spring just by putting the second row down). The toughest adjustment was getting used to the instrument controls/RES/radio controls and getting comfortable with the width of the Pilot (it is wider than the standard SUV). I highly recommend this car for those that don't want the stereotype of a minivan, but the conveniences of one. It has the reliability of a Honda, quality of a Lexus, and size of a HMMWV."

We Love Our 2012 Pilot

By on Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Pros: "priced right, decent gas mileage, kid friendly"

Cons: "power mirror issues, minor recalls"

From Delivery, To Snow, To Hauling The Xmas Tree...

"I've been a member of "Team Honda" since I turned 16, and this is my 7th Honda purchase or lease. Hands down, it is the best vehicle I'e ever owned. For families, it's a great Dad or Mom's car and convenient enough to haul almost anything you can think of (within reasonable expectations for a SUV). We opted for the entertainment package vs. the touring model - our kids love controlling the DVD player with their own remote & wearing the wireless headsets which allows us to enjoy our own music during road trips. With the 3rd row down, which is the configuration we choose most of the time, there's a ton of room in the rear area for sports equipment, beach chairs, etc. My only gripes about the truck, even though they are minor, are: the power mirrors started "jump" when they were adjusted after only about 20K miles (but they still work & Honda did nothing), there were 2 recalls (but they were promptly fixed by Honda), and our positive battery cable started to corrode (but it wasn't that expensive of a fix). During the time we've owned our Pilot, we've moved from a hot to very cold climate and back to hot again - and the truck handled it like a champ. I'd strongly suggest this car to anyone looking for a great SUV that, with regular maintenance, will perform well for years to come. If the latest models are anything like the 2012s, you can't go wrong."

From Delivery, To Snow, To Hauling The Xmas Tree...