• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2009 Honda Pilot

Based on 288 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 55 56 57 58 | Next

Great vehicle

By on Saturday, April 18, 2009

"Comfortable, smooth ride, great handling and plenty of extra's at a great price. Better quality than many luxury SUV's on the market."

smooth truck

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2009

"sits nice and rides smooth"

Great family car

By on Monday, April 13, 2009

"We purchased our pilot last September and have logged 12,000 problem free miles. This car handles much better than I expected and has good acceleration. This is the best vehicle I have owned on slick and snow covered roads. My wife is very confident in bad weather now and loves the visibility and almost seemless power transfer when all wheel drive engages. The stability control is also very effective. I have tried to make it slide in a deserted parking lot, and with a little blip of the throttle, it immediately responds and regains traction. The epa fuel economy is pretty much dead on. I have acheived as high as 26 mpg on a full tank while driving on a 65mph highway. The worst fuel economy we have seen was 17mpg in very cold weather and driven only in town. This reflects longer warm up times and slick road surfaces causing the awd to engage more. We didn't get the touring model due to the complexity of the navigation and the crowded look of the dash. The rear entertainment system is well worth the price. Our three kids love the wireless headphones and quality picture. The 10 speaker stereo that comes in the package is phenomenal for a stock system. The passanger seating seems to be very comfortable even in the third row, as our oldest child always chooses that seating position. I have towed an enclosed motorcycle trailer in very windy conditions and the pilot was perfectly competent. It did sway more than a truck but was not nervous or underpowered. I even acheived 20mpg while towing the loaded trailer. I was not happy about having to purchase the trailer light wiring harness separately when the vehicle comes equipped with a receiver hitch. This vehicle drives like a high end sedan and has very little road noise even with the sunroof open. The build quality is impressive as are the interior materials. I would purchase another Honda without worry."

BIG upgrade from the previous series

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2009

"This is my third (and best, by far) Pilot. Honda has created a bigger vehicle with many more bells and whistles. Basically, it's a luxury car inside of a truck that rides like a car. I took mine on a 900-mile round trip fully loaded with four adults and got 22 mpg (quite impressive for a bigger Pilot). My previous Pilots never did that, likely due to the variable cylinder management feature. The added features allow you to be a smarter driver with the plethora of new information readily available. It's a buyer's market (March 2009) so take advantage. Mine was fully loaded w/roof rack, wood panel interior, etc. and my out-the-door price was less than $35,000 including tax, title, deliver, prep, etc."

What a ride

By on Tuesday, March 24, 2009

"This is a wonderful SUV. I average anywhere from 19-23mpg. I do a good mix of hwy and city. The look, the feel. Just amazing. Was great in the winter. I live in Pa and we had some real good snow. Drove through it like nothing. Towed quads and on hilly rds and STILL got 18.6mpg. The D3 is great as well. I can't say enough about it."

Previous | 1 ... 55 56 57 58 | Next