2009 Honda Pilot

Based on 273 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Thursday, June 12, 2014

Pros: "roomy, fun to drive, economically sound"

Cons: "maintenance costly; dealership hikes up prices"

"I had always heard about the great reviews Honda vehicles got year in and year out. However, I was never financially able to own one. The first chance I got and when I did become financially able, I purchased one. Now I know why other Honda owners have cars that are 10, 15, & 20 years old. I love this vehicle. So much so that I bought it for myself. I bought my wife another vehicle from another brand and she immediately switched with me because of how much she liked the overall better quality and feel. Guess I'm stuck unless I can financially buy another!"

My 5th Honda Pilot

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Pros: "Plenty of room and easy to drive."

Cons: "Fit and trim is marginal."

"I have owned a 2003, 2005, 2008, 2010 and now a 2012 Honda Pilot. I love them but have noticed that the quality of interior fit and trim has gone down. In addition the software has become much more difficult to set up and use. I am hoping this will improve for the 2015 Model, if not I may have to look at Toyota."

Very Spacious, quiet/comfortable non-bumpy ride

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Honda reliability, spacious, quiet drive, awesome!"

Cons: "Super firm seats and headrests, plastic interior"

"I always wanted a Pilot, so I traded in my '05 Honda Accord (which had over 232K miles and was still in good running condition) and have yet to be disappointed. The only minor things I would change are the seat and headrest could use a little more padding, they are a little hard, but not to the point of discomfort (I have neck and back issues and the seats do not bother me) and less plastic on interior surfaces. This obviously uses more gas than my 4 cyl. Accord, but still gets decent gas mileage, about 18 to 19 mpg average, considering the size of the vehicle. Engine runs extremely quiet, smooth ride, barely any road noise (I don't know why there have been complaints about the Pilot, but I had more road noise and bumpiness in my Accord than in the Pilot). CD, Aux, USB, good sound system, opening for back window is separate from the hatch opening. Lots and lots of storage space and so much headroom that an NBA player could sit comfortably even in the back. Love the look of the vehicle exterior which looks like higher end suvs without the pricey cost. Overall 9/10."

Great example of versatility-- city or country car

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, practical, spacious"

Cons: "Plastic dash, still uses a KEY ar that price!"

"The pilot has not sacrificed space and overhead room and height for the "hybrid look" that often renders an SUV less practical for hauling-- and less claustrophobic for passengers. It also offers a better ride than most, surprisingly. However, the hard plastic dash and cheaper surface materials undermine the Pilots ability to move between classes and to compete with inferior vehicles that have nicer looking interiors. Also, lack of remote start and lack of push button start seem to date the vehicle and provide another obstacle to surpassing otherwise inferior competitors."

love the comfort and size

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "comfort, room, reliability"

Cons: "mileage could be better- loose steering"

"rides well, its our third one. They need to offer more color options, but we have loved this car and will get another one, probably before the new 2015 style comes out"