• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2009 Honda Pilot

Based on 273 Ratings for the 2009 - 2015 models.

Great SUV!!

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Roomy, Great Quality"

Cons: "Pricey"

"I love the Honda Pilot. This is the 2nd one that I have owned. My current Pilot has 105,000 miles & still going strong. It has never been in the shop, other than routine maintenance. This vehicle has plenty of room and drives great. In the past, I have owned another Pilot, a Chevy Trailblazer, and a Chevy Tahoe. For the money, I would have to say with the Pilot you get more bang for your buck. Although the Tahoe was a great vehicle, gas prices are much better with the V6 engine that you get with the Pilot. Also with Honda's reputation, I am sure this car will be good for at least another 100,000 miles."

Great SUV 8 Passenger

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "Reliability"

"Driven three years with no problems"

Very good SUV

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Does almost every thing well, and in comfort"

Cons: "Plastic interior parts and clunky navigation"

"We leased a 2011 Touring 4WD, and bought it out at the end of the term because we really liked the car and it has been a very reliable SUV. It does most every thing well. Only complaints are that the navigation interface is kind of clunky and there is lots of cheap plastic inside the cabin. The carpet in the cargo area unfortunately grabs sand and debris and won't let go. Overall a very nice, roomy, dependable SUV that we expect will probably last us well for several more years. Don't think we could have made a better choice on a 2011 vehicle."

Great Value and Car for the Money

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "great value, easy to drive, safe, fast for segment"

Cons: "lacking in some new "2014 Features""

"By no means is this car considered to be in "luxury" segment, but in this car, its not missed. Its functional, practical, reliable, honest, and useful. In the two years we have owned this car, it has started up, every single time, without failure. The only place where this car is lacking is in the active safety features and cheap plastics on the interior. It should have BSM (Blind Spot Monitoring), LDW (Land Departure Warning), and FCW (Forward Collision Warning) seeing as this is a bigger car. Although the visibility is good, it would be nice to see and have added safety as children are typically in this car. Within the interior, there are many soft touch, padded, leather wrapped materials, but the center stack and dashboard are lacking in quality. They look cheap but the fit and finish is excellent. It has been very comfortable on long trips. The kids do not complain of anything in the back seats, and the front seats are very supportive and have a good range of motion. This car drives as a much smaller car yet, the limits are quickly approached, and there is a noticeable amount of body roll. It has a smooth 5 Speed A/T although that produces a smooth, agile, and refined ride, although if Honda Opted to go with a 6 or even 7 speed A/T this car would not suffer as much at the pump. Overall, we have been very happy with this vehicle as it has been easy to maintain, reliable, and comfortable."

Quality is bad!

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "Price is good."

Cons: "Too many problems."

"I'm very disappointed about this vehicle. I will never buy Honda vehicle again."