2008 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 918 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Excellent, well-built vehicle

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Versatile, comfortable and easy to drive"

Cons: "A little thirsty on fuel"

"My 2004 pilot has over 215,000 miles on it, and still feels like it's brand new. Solid vehicle,..No squeaks, buzzes or rattles. A few mechanical and eletrical problems at about 100K, but after that not too much. One of the best cars I ever owned! I would highly recommend..."

It is best car I ever had and I am 76 years old

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, rides very well"

Cons: "local mileage is not the best"

"Just a great car"

Great road trip SUV

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"After 5 years, and 60k, I'll give it a thumbs up. No mechanical problems so far. This is the best camping/road trip vehicle I've owned - comfortable, lots of room, absolutely reliable, gas mileage is pretty good if you keep the speed down. And it cruises at 75+ easily even when fully loaded, with stuff on the roof rack. My complaints? I am finally putting better tires on, which should help with road noise, which is a bit more than I'd like. The spare is a doughnut rather than a full sized tire - I'll be taking care of that as well. This is not a truck based 4WD SUV. It does fine on snowy roads, but its clearance and traction are not for really rough dirt trails."

Great mid sized SUV

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"We bought an 06 LX AWD with cloth seats, most comfortable seats of any of the 25 or so vehicles I have owned/driven. Got up to 26mpg on trips. No so great on gas back and forth to work though. Fits up to 7 pretty confortably with more room for luggage in the back. Added tow hitch, running boards and roof rack, window and hood shields and it looks a lot better than without. Controls and interior is not bad, cleaned up easily too. Planning to buy another one soon. Not as good mpg as Highlander but much more room and more confortable seats."

Good Car!

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"My 2004 is 4 yrs old with 113K on it. It's been perfect. except for one time when the engine froze at 88K mi. ( well over warranty.) The problem was a rear camshaft bearing. I had changed oil every 5 k mi or so, ( the spec is for 7.5 ), and had the paper to prove it. I called Honda, faxed them the dealer invoice, and they paid for the 2K in parts needed for the repair. Now that's standing behind a product. The car is a virtually perfect design, but strong points are the handling and turning radius. The car looks smaller than it is. Whenever I think something won't fit - it does. It would be nice if the back seat folded flat, and the gearshift is a bit fussy, but those are quibbles. I'm waiting for the diesel hybrid version around 2010."