2008 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 920 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Dependable, Comfortable, and Perfect!

By on Friday, January 3, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive and Perfect with Kids"

Cons: "A/C had a few problems."

"I have had this car for almost 10 years and it has met my needs perfectly. It has been dependable and durable. I love it!"

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L - worth it

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Great driving vehicle for road trips or town"

"I bought my first Honda as a 5yo used vehicle. The seats are leather, there is a 6-CD changer, sunroof, heated side view mirrors, third row back seat is a bit smaller than the second row but manageable. Front bucket seats heat up, which is a huge bonus in our Montana winters. Great storage capacity in back. It hasn't given me a lick of trouble at 54,000 miles. Re-sale value holding strong. I'd highly recommend this vehicle."

Reliable, Great SUV-(for first true Honda Pilot)

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Never had transmission issue(s)"

Cons: "A/C vents & interior gadgets did wear."

"We purchased this 2003 Honda Pilot in winter of 2004 (Dec). It had 40K miles on it. It seemed like a lot of money back then. However it was been worth almost every penny. Good Engine, never had major problems with it or transmission. Still half-way stylish for age. Very reliable. Had towing hitch added, and have pulled trailer with furniture, rock, etc. (up to 5000 lb) with little trouble. Does increase gas use- however v-6 has been strong and "reliable" as earlier mentioned. Still driving/using it everyday. Now with 185,000 mi. Will probably keep it as long as it will get us where we need to go"

Great suv

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "drives great,"

"I bought my Honda used, I have had it for 3 1/2 years, 103000 miles. Drives and handles excellent, Made several road trips, plenty of room. used many times to haul things, just lay all seats down which makes it very convenient. Took to the mountains this year, handled all the curves and up hills very well. gas mileage is also good considering it is an suv. has plenty of cup holders"

Greatest vehicle

By on Sunday, September 8, 2013

"This is the best vehicle we've ever owned. It is super flexible. We have made I don't know how many long trips with the kids and the dog with no problems and plenty of room. I wish my truck was a Ridgeline. Its a Chevrolet."

Great Vehicle!

By on Wednesday, September 4, 2013

"8 years old and just turned 300K miles."

8 years of trouble free driving

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "dependable and last long time"

Cons: "loud road noise, bad mpg"

"I got this car when it had 9K miles on it. The fuel pump went out when I first got it. It was still under warranty. The dealership fixed it by cutting a hole in the floorboard then lied about it and claimed to have dropped the gas tank. I found this out later. I have had this car from spring of 2004 until the fall of 2013. This has been a trouble free car other than tires and batteries every few years. I now have 151K miles on it and things are starting to deteriorate. Two of the windows stopped working. The power locks do not work with the remote any more and it rides very rough and has a front suspension problem. My ignition is going out and as long as I leave the key in it, then it starts right up. Take the key out and its nearly impossible to restart. Overall it was a good car and these problems only happened in the last year. If you get one, keep it about 8 years, then get rid of it before it starts falling apart."

The pilot is fantastic and feels very safe.

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Roomy and able to seat 8 people incl. driver"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This car is my 3rd Honda and my very favorite. I can pack a lot of people or stuff in it and the car is VERY study. It sort of feels like a truck ride in that you are up higher than for sedans but the ride I find to be very smooth. I bought the car used in 2010 with 69,000 and I have had only wear and tear on it as far as parts needing repaired. It is the car I hope to get through my kids' days of schlepping them to practices etc, but it is also the car that my son may drive for the first time. Hondas are fantastic cars and this one does not disappoint. All my Hondas have started EVERY time rain or shine. I Highly recommend the Pilot for those who need ample room and want a smooth cool ride."

Most reliable car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive."

Cons: "I have no gripes!"

"We bought the 2005 Pilot new in July 2005. It has served us well for nearly 8 years. Mechanically, it is in top shape. It has one ding on the hood, right side, about the size of a golf ball. The front seat upholstery has a few holes that can be repaired. All recommended maintenance has been done through the years, mostly by the dealer. The gas mileage has never waivered through the years : 17/24."

The best Car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "dependable, smooth ride, safe"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I got my 2008 EXL on 12/23/12 with 64200 miles. I have never owned a Honda prior to my Pilot but can honestly say that the thought of going back to another kind of car is a scary thought. This car handles wonderful and one of my favorite things is it doesn't feel like I am driving a tank. I get excited every day to drive my Pilot. I get nervous when my husband does simply because he has a heavy foot. I look forward to the next several years with my Pilot and plan on keeping it until it has no more driving left to her. I just wish the gas mileage was better but it is something I am willing to live with because I love the car so much."

looks like new garage no dents SiriusXM Radio

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Great price, beautiful red & very attractive"

"orig parts tot svc cost under $200. It is a 2nd car used when I'm in NY. Schrome running boards,front & rear mud guards."

The Honda Pilot has been my most favorite car ever

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "Nice to drive..Mileage okay 20 mpg on freeway"

"I was saddened to have to sell the Honda Pilot. If I could, I would not hesitate to buy another Honda Pilot. Due to my financial situation, I had to downsize to a CRV. I hope to be able to have another Pilot soon. My car had over 151,000 and only minimal repairs. I have had 3 Honda's and they are the only cars that I did not have to replace the alternator!"

The very best vehicle that I have ever owned.

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "Best mid-sized SUV to own for longevity."

Cons: "3rd row seat is not good for travel."

"Since I started driving in 1971, I have owned over 30 new and used vehicles. I was skeptical in 2003 when I purchased this Pilot because it was the first year of production and we all know how new models are. It still looks and runs like new and the only things other than regular maintenance it has required is a battery, tires and brakes. This is by far the best of the best produced by Honda Motors."

Excellent 4WD Family Vehicle for Winter

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "8-seat 4WD. Reliable and safe. VTM-4 works great"

Cons: "No diesel option."

"I love my 2008 Honda Pilot. Just finished using it through a tough winter here in Ankara, Turkey and it was an absolute champ on the icy slick roads. The VTM-4 is amazing and worked great in deep snow in the mountains. This is an amazingly safe and reliable vehicle and I feel great having my twin 4 yr-olds in it. The DVD system works great and with the third row I can put 8 family members in with no problem. I wish it had a little better gas milage, though it does good for a 4WD and the V-6 has good power. With the third row in use, there is very little space for carrying. Also the third row is only good for short trips due to the very limited leg room."

Very reliable, holds value, no repairs needed yet!

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Great size, comfortable, holds value"

Cons: "Could use more cup holders, 6 disk changer failed"

"I bought this car used and have had it for 4 years. I have not had any repairs required, other than regular maintenance and new tires. It starts every day in the freezing cold winter. The blue book value shows it is still valued at the price I paid for it 4 years ago! I will definitely buy another Honda Pilot."

Great Dependable SUV

By on Sunday, December 18, 2011

Pros: "Dependability, Room, Handling"

"This was a great car and I am sad to part with it. I drove it until 115,000 miles and never had a problem with it. My daughter and husband think I am crazy to be selling it because it is such a great car. I Always changed the oil regularly and had all the required maintenance performed. Very roomy, good traditional gas mileage for an SUV. Handles well on turns. It is not a luxury SUV but much smoother than my husband's jeep. Honda builds a dependable, reliable car. This is my third Honda and I have just recently purchased my fourth Honda product (Acura MDX). If you are looking for a great, affordable SUV, the Pilot it is!"

Great car!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

"We've had this pilot for 5 years and it's been a great car. No problems! I have 92000 miles and hubby recently said something about getting a new one but I don't want to part with this one. It's been such a good car..and in great condition! We travel alot and needed a realiable car and that's what we got!"

Most reliable vehicle I have ever had

By on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Pros: "Reliability, Space, layout, 4 wheel drive system"

Cons: "Frontseats uncomfortable, low towing capacity"

"Bought this 04 pilot new in 2004. It now has 112,000 miles on it and has never had any thing go wrong. Have only had to do routine scheduled maint, and regular wear items such as tires and brake pads. The 4 wheel drive system works great in deep snow. The interior space has a lot of storage and is well laid out. Front seats are very uncomfortable, I'm 6' and after even short trips my back hurts because of the shape of the seat back and where it aligns with my shoulders. Also the towing capacity is only 3500lbs and requires you to add a trans cooler. I added an aftermarket cooler which is much bigger and more efficient than the Honda tow package cooler which is a joke. Fuel Mileage is bad which is to be expected for a SUV."

This is our 2nd Pilot!

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Feels like you're driving a car not a truck."

Cons: "Gas miles, could be better but it's not the worst"

"We love our Pilot. We are a family of 6 and love this vehicle. We are on our 2nd Pilot and we are considering trading in for a newer of the same model. It's a comfortable ride. It's stylish and roomy. I love the controls on the steering wheel. It handles really well on the road. Never had any major issues. Very reliable and that's super important to us. I highly recommend the Honda Pilot EX."

Comfortable, dependable, roomy - the perfect SUV

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Comfortable, easy to drive, roomy"

Cons: "Gas mileage.... but it is a 6 cylinder SUV!"

"This car is by far the best I have ever owned. It is dependable, reliable, very comfortable, and easy to drive. Mine has over 100,000 miles and with only regular maintenance, is still going strong. I want to keep this car forever!"

LOVE MY PILOT!

By on Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pros: "Lots of features, tons of space"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"Only down fall is the gas mileage. I average 19 mpg on trips. I highly recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for reliability, comfort and a great sporty look."

Reliable, dependable and worth money paid for it.

By on Saturday, October 29, 2011

Pros: "Very funtional SUV, and great value."

Cons: "Early Pilot's had rear A/C transistors failing."

"In over 230,000 miles, other than routine maintenance I have replaced three power door actuators, and two motor mounts."

Great in snow!!

By on Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pros: "Love to drive it!"

Cons: "??"

"Before buying this car I did some checking. And everyone of the other owners said it would be great in the snow. And they were right!! I have had Power Wagons, Chevy and Ford 4x4 trucks and for driving on the roads in the winter, the Pilot handled the changing road conditions the best. We just got back from a trip to Wisconsin and Michigan. We also have a 2008 Ridgeline and a 2009 Silverado. We took the Pilot on our trip."

The best vehicle I have owned. Totally dependable

By on Friday, September 16, 2011

Pros: "Such a great vehicle to drive! great in snow!"

Cons: "I wish they had grey interior with the red cars. Red Hondas have tan interiors!"

"I am crazy about my 2005 Honda Pilot. So dependable and not one problem in the 6 years I've owned it. The only vehicle on my street that could go through 20 inches of snow! Cleared the way for all my neighbors!"

Honda hauler.....

By on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"Bought my '04 Pilot EX-L in Dec 2008 with 53,xxx miles. I am now at 89,xxx miles. I got it from a independent lot who bought it at auction. So I took it to the dealer for a full inspection. All 5 motor mounts were bad, all the fluids except oil, looked like they had never been changed. Instead of spending $1000 parts/labor at the dealer for new motor mounts, I ordered new OEM mounts for $227 from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com and spent $200 in labor at an indpendent Honda mechanic. I performed the fluid replacement therapy myself by replacing the coolant, flushing the brake fluid, new VTM diff fluid, new ATF fluid, etc. Ever since, I've used Royal Purple 5W-20 and filter every 3K miles. I've changed the tranny fluid and VTM diff fluid about every 15K miles. I've replaced front and rear brakes. I replaced the front/rear shocks with KYB units. So far, no major mechanical issues whatsoever. Engine and tranny are smooth as silk. I've also done upgrades by adding the OEM foglight kit, OEM tow package, Alpine deck, Alpine PDX-5 amp and Polk Audio sub/speakers. One upgrade I HIGHLY recommend is ditching the donut sized spare tire and replacing with a full sized spare. A 16" steel wheel from an LX model can be had for $50-70. A used 235/70/16 tire can be had for an additional $30-$40. The full sized spare will fit perfectly in the undercarriage even with the factory tow hitch. Speaking of the tow kit, it literally saved my Pilot when I got hit from behind by a woman going about 25 mph. The tow hitch took the force of the impact and did little bumper damage. Her front end was runied. Without the tow hitch, there would have been $3-5K of damage versus the $1K of damage. Gas mileage. The 17 city/22 hwy ratings were, and are still not accurate. I've been getting more like 15 city /19 hwy in realistic driving and lower quality California gas. My best hwy mpg ever was 23 mpg. That was cruising around Lake Tahoe at 50 mph for a couple days at high altitude. My best real world interstate mpg was 20 mpg going from San Diego to Phoenix at 75-80 mph. Current issues: My passenger side airbag dash light comes and goes. The driver side heated seat no longer works. The fuses are all intact and the passenger side heated seat works fine. Overall, this is the nicest normal vehicle I have ever owned. I also own a tricked out one of a kind magazine featured Honda Civic. I just wish gas mileage was a bit better considering the $4.07 per gallon gas (military base) as of yesterday. I also wish the 19.2 gallon fuel tank was bigger. The most I ever went on a tank was 355 miles. and I was running on fumes when I filled up. Right now it costs about $70-75 to fill up the tank. For me. its about once a week. Prior to the sharp gas price spike, It would cost about $50-55 to fill up the tank."