2008 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 921 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

The best purchase I've ever made in my life!!!

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Pick up, reliability, comfortable to ride & drive"

Cons: "No adults on 3rd row"

"I currently have 199,800 miles (and counting) on my 4WD 2005 Pilot. I purchased it in '08 with 29k miles on it. When I drove it home my neighbor said I'd NEVER have a problem with it. He was telling the truth!!!! The only way this SUV is leaving my possession is when I purchase its smaller counterpart (the CR-V) at which point I'll gift my Pilot to one of my (now grown) children. It's safe, durable, uber reliable and strong enough to uproot a tree (I did in the 1st month that I owned it). I have the EX-L and I love the front seat warmers, sunroof and leather seats. Matter of-fact, those will have to be a must in my CR-V. This car is so durable, I even love how the paint has held up. I really do believe this engine will last another 200K miles. I look forward to many more oil changes and life memories with grandchildren learning to drive this vehicle. Thanks Honda! Due to this purchase you've got a family of customers for life!"

2008 Honda Pilot EXL

By on Monday, February 4, 2008

"Having 6 SUV's since 1985, I can honestly say this is the best one to date. The pilot is very confortable, and I do not feel tired after a long drive. Mileage on the road is a little better then my past SUV's. I am glad I bought this one, even though I know that the Honda Pilot is having a design changie in 2009."

So glad I have the Honda Pilot!

By on Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Pros: "8 Seats, safety, reliability, turning radius"

Cons: "Small rear seats, small storage, gas mileage"

"This is my second Pilot. The first (a 2005) was flipped, landed on the front passenger side corner, rolled back to its feet, and was of course totaled in a t-bone accident. I was virtually unhurt, to everyone's amazement. So I bought the 2006 with side air-bags. I bought the Pilot based on my metrics of safety, 8 seats, reliability, and 4wd capabilities. I am most satisfied. My husband wants a vehicle with more storage space; I just want an exact replica of what I have just larger with better gas mileage : ) At just over 200,000, the maintenance has been incredible, the driving uneventful... just what I wanted! Great job, Honda!"

238,000 and still rolling.

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage, but typical for SUV."

"Bought it used with 60,000 miles and it just turned 238,000 miles. JUST NOW developing some mechanical issues. Great on road trips, plenty of room cross country with 3 kids and a 100lb lab. Drives so well I have never even needed to engage 4wd, even in extreme weather. Very versatile--was able to fit (just barely) a twin mattress and frame in the cargo area with seats folded down. Still looks great, interior has held up well except chrome on the door handles cracks and will draw blood. Very roomy, except the third seat, really only suitable for those under 5 ft. Best, most reliable car I have ever owned. Hope it passes 300,000!"

No problems at 10 years and 180k miles

By on Friday, June 17, 2016

Pros: "reliable, holds a ton of stuff, low maint"

Cons: "boring appearance"

"Love this SUV, sold on Honda reliability. My wife and I bought it new, took it on multiple 2-3k road trips and zero problems. This car is great in the snow, can fit an 8foot christmas tree with ease, and best of all it doesn't break allowing us to put our money in investments and home improvements like our kitchen remodel. We we're so impressed we bought an 2011 Acura MDX new and it's 80k mileage is just the start. Zero problems with transmission or the engine. I've had two Z28's and an Audi S4 in my early years and all of those vehicles were expensive to repair and unreliable."