2008 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 921 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Doesn't drive like it has high miles

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE. Easy to service avoiding costs."

Cons: "Handles bulky, both on corners and while braking"

"Bought this car with 205K miles on it, with no worries whatsoever. Every mechanic I spoke to had no qualms about purchasing a high mileage Honda pending a pre-purchase inspection, and thus far this vehicle has not disappointed. The previous owner made a point to do regular maintenance on the required intervals, and this vehicle acts as though it's just been broken in. Everything is original with no major maintenance, and even items like the seats and other high-touch items have handles wear well. Just completed the timing belt and spark pulgs at it's required 210k mile mark, and expect this vehicle to take me and my family onward for another 100K+. Couldn't be happier with this vehicle."

The best purchase I've ever made in my life!!!

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Pick up, reliability, comfortable to ride & drive"

Cons: "No adults on 3rd row"

"I currently have 199,800 miles (and counting) on my 4WD 2005 Pilot. I purchased it in '08 with 29k miles on it. When I drove it home my neighbor said I'd NEVER have a problem with it. He was telling the truth!!!! The only way this SUV is leaving my possession is when I purchase its smaller counterpart (the CR-V) at which point I'll gift my Pilot to one of my (now grown) children. It's safe, durable, uber reliable and strong enough to uproot a tree (I did in the 1st month that I owned it). I have the EX-L and I love the front seat warmers, sunroof and leather seats. Matter of-fact, those will have to be a must in my CR-V. This car is so durable, I even love how the paint has held up. I really do believe this engine will last another 200K miles. I look forward to many more oil changes and life memories with grandchildren learning to drive this vehicle. Thanks Honda! Due to this purchase you've got a family of customers for life!"

2008 Honda Pilot EXL

By on Monday, February 4, 2008

"Having 6 SUV's since 1985, I can honestly say this is the best one to date. The pilot is very confortable, and I do not feel tired after a long drive. Mileage on the road is a little better then my past SUV's. I am glad I bought this one, even though I know that the Honda Pilot is having a design changie in 2009."

238,000 and still rolling.

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage, but typical for SUV."

"Bought it used with 60,000 miles and it just turned 238,000 miles. JUST NOW developing some mechanical issues. Great on road trips, plenty of room cross country with 3 kids and a 100lb lab. Drives so well I have never even needed to engage 4wd, even in extreme weather. Very versatile--was able to fit (just barely) a twin mattress and frame in the cargo area with seats folded down. Still looks great, interior has held up well except chrome on the door handles cracks and will draw blood. Very roomy, except the third seat, really only suitable for those under 5 ft. Best, most reliable car I have ever owned. Hope it passes 300,000!"

love my honda.

By on Thursday, July 3, 2014

Pros: "all around great vehicle."

"I am disabled, and most vehicles I can get in and out of with some discomfort, and effort. I can do so in my pilot, with ease. I can drive without being uncomfortable, even long distances. There are minimal blind spots, and spacial orientation is comfortable...not many vehicles I can say this of. My grandsons and daughters all fit, 8 seats! I love it. Overall, it is most efficient, and gets good mileage."