2008 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 921 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

best in class

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"This is the 2nd pilot I have owned, the first was in a accident after only having it 9 months, and was totaled when I was forced into a concrete wall going 70 miles an hour. I walked away with only two broken ribs from the seat belt. My present honda I leased for 3 years, and just purchased because of the quality of the SUV. Hope to drive it for many more years. Have not had any problems with the car at all. I also bought an accord since I have had so much luck with the pilot."

Safety of this vehicle cannot be matched!

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"I purchased my Honda Pilot in May 2003. It has been the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. The Pilot has only required routine maintenance, gets good gas mileage compared to other SUVs, and is comfortable. Last, but not least, 3 days ago, the Pilot proved its 5 star crash rating when I was involved in a major accident. The outside was totaled, but the inside looked like it did before the crash. My son and I walked away with just bumps and bruises."

Great car!

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Great family vehicle and handy."

Cons: "Little too tall for this 4'10" retiree!"

"I don't need a car this big any more - its 8 passenger. Has gray leather interior with 3rd row seating. Very comfortable riding vehicle and very handy having the fold down seats."

Great low maintenance hauler

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Low Maintenance, great pick up and room"

Cons: "Can be a little noisey at 70mph+ speeds"

"We've had the 2007 Pilot for over 7 years and have driven it on long drives to Florida and DC from Michigan multiple times without issue. The Pilot handles the nasty snow storms with plenty of grip and clearance. The Pilot is surprisingly large inside - the SUV swallows a 7ft Christmas tree with the seats down without issue. The best thing I like about the Pilot is the low maintenance. The pilot has only needed regular oil changes and the recommended manufacturing maintenance. In comparison I have a 2000 Audi S4 and I've spent about $10k in maintenance over 13 years."

Best Car I have ever owned

By on Friday, July 5, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and affordable transportation"

Cons: "Noisy on highways, particularly after 70 MPH"

"Purchased this vehicle used with 6600 miles on it in early 2004. Have since put on over 260k miles. Its an awesome car and has never left me stranded. I have changed the oil on it every 3500 miles and done all of the preventative maintenance including major 30k service intervals and changing the timing belt every 90k miles. Everything on it still works with the exception of a low buzzing sound that comes from the sound system after it plays for 20 minutes that the Honda dealer could never fix. Outside of that, nothing leaks, it doesnt burn oil, the paint hasnt oxidized, the leather seats havent torn despite two young children, and the AC still blows cold."