2008 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 921 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Great SUV! great value and relaiability!

By on Tuesday, May 5, 2015

"I have owned a Honda Pilot for 11 years ( same car) and it has proven to be the best car I ever had. safe, reliable, and effecient. I made each of my daughters drive this SUV their firt year of driving and it was a good idea. Kept both of them safe with fender benders in New Jersey that are sometimes unavoidable."

pilot my 3rd honda

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

"owned 4 hondas, civic at 256k b4 i let go., an accord 99 108 b4 i sold it , 03 pilot that has 220k. critiques are always saying not so nice control panel, sluggish engine, all i can say is Reliability. M y pilot 03 , i was averaging 23,000 miles a yr on my first 7 yrs and belts, spark plugs, oil change, tranny oil breaks and rear wheel differeftial fluids are the on maintenance i do. My civic was the first honda that set the tone for me. i am driving another pilot now 2011 model and all i can say to the consumers. if u r looking 4 a vehicle that will last for at least 10 yrs . then my advice is get a honda. by the way i accumalated high mileage on my hondas with 9 deployments serving the usnavy for 23 yrs."

Favorite Vehicle We've Ever Owned!

By on Tuesday, July 1, 2008

"We have always owned Toyota 4Runners, but decided to purchase the Pilot after driving it & checking out a friend's. We are very impressed with the reliability--we have never had one single thing break & we're at 70K miles now. The exterior still looks great & modern, even though a couple newer bodystyles have come out since '04. We get around 15--16 mpg around town & 19-22 mpg on trips. Here are the only negatives I have: The 3rd row seat is, in my opinion, for kids only. It's uncomfortable for adults (and I'm small). But granted, it's not a minivan. The perforated leather seats are not easy to keep clean with the kids. If you drop anything on the inside of the front seats, it is trapped forever down beside the console. You cannot reach down there & that's annoying. The headrests are uncomfortable. Those are small things to us compared to what we love about our Pilot. It's roomy, the DVD system is great. The seats fold flat for hauling larger items & it is a very smooth ride."

Transmission problems!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I have been pleased with the Honda '04 Pilot I purchased new, until this week when I was told that the transmission should be replaced. Only after 3 years with higher mileage at 73,000. I have never hauled anything with the Pilot, never experienced any rough off-road driving, never expereinced any issues that would lead one to think, Oh, wow, that might have hurt the car! The transmission fluid was supposedly checked in mid-July and it was "good". The ride was good, a bit noisy, there is plenty of room and a smooth drive. I am befuddled, disappointed and disillusioned! My first Honda and now my last!"

Nice for traveling, well built

By on Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pros: "Good road car, versatile for all-arond needs"

Cons: "Mileage, driver knee space"

"The only real downside to this vehicle is the mileage. The best we can ever expect, which will come on a full day of steady freeway travel, is 20-22 mpg. This is a great road car. A few times a year we have travel days of 400-500 miles, and it performs well. Plenty of power on hills or for passing, smooth riding, reasonably quiet. We have only needed to use the 3rd row seat a few times, but it has been great to have it when we need it. The 3rd seat is wider than the 2008 Toyota Highlander, which is one of the reasons we chose the Honda. We have not yet had any repair bills, just regular maintenance. We replaced the original tires at about 40,000 miles. It still has the original break pads, which is impressive at over 70,000 miles. Two minor issues: It is easy to drop things between the seats and the center console and almost impossible to retrieve them. We keep a stick handy to work into the gap to push items out. We may try folding a towel and placing it in this space. The other issue seems to be common in other Hondas we have owned. The knee space for the driver is minimal. To have the most comfortable knee space, the seat needs to be moved back to where the arm reach is too long."