• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2008 Honda Pilot

Based on 845 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Great!

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, easy to drive, plenty of room"

Cons: "Front brakes and rotors, paint chips very easily"

"Purchased this vehicle 9 years ago. Never any major issues. Very reliable and easy to drive. By far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Wish it could last forever but at almost 160,000 miles it is getting tired. Only complaint is front brakes tend to wear easily and need frequent replacement. Love this vehicle. If you can find one for a good price with low miles jump on it."

Reliable yet are some flaws

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Crash-worthy, fun to drive, 4WD"

Cons: "Comfort, No third row speakers"

"I have owned this vehicle for 4 years now, and have put approx 30,000 miles on it. Back in June 2012, this car was put to the test when I was at a red light (at a dead stop), and someone in a Dodge Durango rear-ended us. The vehicle did not appear to take much damage, and 2 of the 3 of us came out injury free. My two passengers came out of the accident without a scratch, but being the driver, I came out with pretty bad whiplash, and a very "nice" seatbelt bruise. The one thing that concerned me was that I feel as if the airbags should have come out during the accident. I still drive this vehicle as a daily driver, and I still love it. I am considering trading in the vehicle now because the seats are not that comfortable (the third row is terrible-- no leg room), and that there are no rear speakers, but other than that, I would recommend this vehicle."

Great runner; highly dependable

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Dependable; strong runner; roomy"

Cons: "Gas mileage not the greatest."

"Really needed a passenger sedan, but something caused us to purchase this vehicle. Awesome vehicle in all respects, just don't really need a SUV. It has features that we rarely or never use."

Will buy a new one when I hit 200000 miles

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "great second car"

Cons: "4wd is not on above 15 mph"

"8 trips from Ca. to Ar. and back...local streets & freeways...never a problem...no mechanical/engine/steering/AC/excessive wearing of any component over the last 14 yrs!!!"

230,000 miles and still running strong!

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Best SUV ever"

Cons: "Hate the seats...they just hurt. Front or back!"

"I have owned the 2005 Honda Pilot since 2005. We bought it new and put every one of those miles on her. This SUV has been the most reliable, safe, economical SUV ever.We have 8 children and when we bought this Honda it was when afew had left home and gas was begining to climb in price(I had a suburban) So we did our research and came up with the Pilot to fit the children still at home and gas milage. Perfect fit. We have only had to do regular maintence on her and tires really. Love it and if I could afford a newer one Id get it tomorrow(dont care for the new body style though). We live in Wisconsin and we"ve lived out in the country here and I have never had any trouble in snow or mud. Even when my sons jeep got stuck in our drive. My Honda powered on. Gas is great and the rear seat is awesome, but really only for smaller folk. Only real downside is that the seats are major uncomfortable on long trips. They just dont fit well at all. Your butt is asleep in minutes. Weather your in the front or back. Cargo is good. Ive pilled tons in there and fold down the seats and its like a truck bed. Love this SUV and would buy another."