2008 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 899 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Honda -- reliable

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Leather tears"

"This car is my third Honda. I wouldn't own anything else. My only complaint is the front leather seats on both sides have tears in the seams."

One of the best vehicles I've ever had.

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

"Purchased new in 2006. Great driving position and driving comfort. Great for all-around carrying capacity. Very reliable - it is a Honda! Have not had any problems with vehicle."

Got my 2005 in Oct. 2004. Still own it to this day

By on Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Pros: "Good for light towing, comfortable ride"

Cons: "road noise, rattle in dash, middle seats not flat"

"I wanted a Pilot as soon as they were introduced and replaced the Passport. I only have 60,000 on my 2005 but hope to add many more miles to it now that I'm semi-retired. Use it to pull my 3,000 lb camper over Worf Creek Pass, CO without any difficulty at all. Some road noise and a rattle/squeek inside dashboard somewhere. Middle seats don't fold completely down. Otherwise, it has been perfect for the past eight years."

I LOVE my Pilot

By on Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Pros: "Safe, spacious, auto everything"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"It is very spacious, very reliable and easy to drive. It has a GREAT turning radius and it can take a hit! I've been in a couple of fender-benders (they hit me!) and every time, my pilot was hardly damaged while the other car needed major repairs! Perfect family vehicle!! The only thing that could be a bit better would be gas mileage, but for an SUV it's not bad. I get about 18 miles to the gallon!"

This Honda is my favorite.

By on Friday, January 23, 2009

"I bought my Pilot in 2003 and I'm still loving it. I'm almost 50 (yikes) and I've owned several different autos over the years--three different Honda models--but, this is the best auto ever! I have stuffed my Pilot (always comfortably!) with two adults & six kids, with five adults & three kids & one time I drove alone--with all of the seats lowered--and fit a queen-size bed inside. And, it fit WITHOUT having to leave anything open or tied down! I have piled pounds and pounds of mulch in the back, and I've carted family from the Midwest to the South several times, but my awesome little Pilot keeps on moving as well as it did when I bought it almost six years ago! Although my husband has tried to talk me into a new Pilot (so he can get a new car too!) I'm just too satisfied with my *old* model right now. When people first ride in it, the first thing they say is, 'it's just like driving a car!' And, it is. It sits lower to the road like a sedan but it has such beautiful power! If I do make the move to a NEW auto--it will be another Pilot! My favorite auto to drive!!"

Solid Vehicle

By on Monday, August 25, 2008

"We have a 2003 Pilot and I enjoy every minute driving it. It's the best and most solid vehichle we have owned over the past 35 years. We've put on about 83,000 miles and the original tires are still good. It runs like a top; we've really done nothing more than kept up with the maintenace plan - I highly recommend using Honda dealer service. My friends know I can't say enough about this vehicle."

Favorite Vehicle We've Ever Owned!

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"We have always owned Toyota 4Runners, but decided to purchase the Pilot after driving it & checking out a friend's. We are very impressed with the reliability--we have never had one single thing break & we're at 70K miles now. The exterior still looks great & modern, even though a couple newer bodystyles have come out since '04. We get around 15--16 mpg around town & 19-22 mpg on trips. Here are the only negatives I have: The 3rd row seat is, in my opinion, for kids only. It's uncomfortable for adults (and I'm small). But granted, it's not a minivan. The perforated leather seats are not easy to keep clean with the kids. If you drop anything on the inside of the front seats, it is trapped forever down beside the console. You cannot reach down there & that's annoying. The headrests are uncomfortable. Those are small things to us compared to what we love about our Pilot. It's roomy, the DVD system is great. The seats fold flat for hauling larger items & it is a very smooth ride."

Side Curtain Airbags a Winner

By on Monday, December 03, 2007

"Although the Honda Pilot wasn't as "sexy" as some of its competitiors, I purchased it for it's ruggedness and simplicity. With teenage drivers, I thought the lack of electronics and bells/whistles would actually be advantageous as the vehicle aged and was handed down to my sons. My philiosophy is if "it's not there, it can't break" and be a future liability. This past weekend I was T-Boned at an intersection by a Dodge Ram pickup that ran a red light. The side and curtain airbags deployed and I walked away without injury. My poor Pilot took a beating but due to its inherent safety features came out suprisingly well. I was very thankful for the engineering and anti-rollerover design. Thank goodness for the 5-Star side impact safety rating!"

238,000 and still rolling.

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage, but typical for SUV."

"Bought it used with 60,000 miles and it just turned 238,000 miles. JUST NOW developing some mechanical issues. Great on road trips, plenty of room cross country with 3 kids and a 100lb lab. Drives so well I have never even needed to engage 4wd, even in extreme weather. Very versatile--was able to fit (just barely) a twin mattress and frame in the cargo area with seats folded down. Still looks great, interior has held up well except chrome on the door handles cracks and will draw blood. Very roomy, except the third seat, really only suitable for those under 5 ft. Best, most reliable car I have ever owned. Hope it passes 300,000!"

Great car!

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Great family vehicle and handy."

Cons: "Little too tall for this 4'10" retiree!"

"I don't need a car this big any more - its 8 passenger. Has gray leather interior with 3rd row seating. Very comfortable riding vehicle and very handy having the fold down seats."