2008 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 895 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Doesn't drive like it has high miles

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE. Easy to service avoiding costs."

Cons: "Handles bulky, both on corners and while braking"

"Bought this car with 205K miles on it, with no worries whatsoever. Every mechanic I spoke to had no qualms about purchasing a high mileage Honda pending a pre-purchase inspection, and thus far this vehicle has not disappointed. The previous owner made a point to do regular maintenance on the required intervals, and this vehicle acts as though it's just been broken in. Everything is original with no major maintenance, and even items like the seats and other high-touch items have handles wear well. Just completed the timing belt and spark pulgs at it's required 210k mile mark, and expect this vehicle to take me and my family onward for another 100K+. Couldn't be happier with this vehicle."

Handles great!

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Handles great, reliable, goes anywhere, decent mpg"

Cons: "steering column, back doesn't lay flat"

"After looking at SUVs for over a year we bought the 2004 Pilot EX in Dec 2009 when it was 20 below. Had 97000 miles on it with all maint. records. Drove it sraight up a hill in a foot of snow on the first day & didn't even have to use the low 4x4. Took it on a trip to CA a month later and down the back roads in Death Valley. Handled awesome! Tight turn radius, good traction on rocky, bumpy gravel roads. Got 25mpg on level hwy, 21 in town. Got 25-29mpg hwy. on trip into Yellowstone & down into WY. Put better traction tires on last year & it dropped the gas mileage down to 18-22mpg 8( but can take it anywhere now. It takes whatever MT roads dish out. Had to replace the air conditioning unit at 115000 miles but just regular maint. otherwise. Love the big windows and great visibility. Only neg. is the steering column doesn't adjust high enough to see full speedomoter for taller people and the back doesn't lay completely flat. Love this vehicle and don't want to drive anything else. I trust it to take me where I want to go with out problems & have fun doing it. Already have 149000 miles on it and will drive it til we can't keep it running anymore. Maybe by then I will grow to like the new Pilot styling cuz I'm sticking with the Pilot."

2008 Honda Pilot EXL

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"Having 6 SUV's since 1985, I can honestly say this is the best one to date. The pilot is very confortable, and I do not feel tired after a long drive. Mileage on the road is a little better then my past SUV's. I am glad I bought this one, even though I know that the Honda Pilot is having a design changie in 2009."

The best purchase I've ever made in my life!!!

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Pick up, reliability, comfortable to ride & drive"

Cons: "No adults on 3rd row"

"I currently have 199,800 miles (and counting) on my 4WD 2005 Pilot. I purchased it in '08 with 29k miles on it. When I drove it home my neighbor said I'd NEVER have a problem with it. He was telling the truth!!!! The only way this SUV is leaving my possession is when I purchase its smaller counterpart (the CR-V) at which point I'll gift my Pilot to one of my (now grown) children. It's safe, durable, uber reliable and strong enough to uproot a tree (I did in the 1st month that I owned it). I have the EX-L and I love the front seat warmers, sunroof and leather seats. Matter of-fact, those will have to be a must in my CR-V. This car is so durable, I even love how the paint has held up. I really do believe this engine will last another 200K miles. I look forward to many more oil changes and life memories with grandchildren learning to drive this vehicle. Thanks Honda! Due to this purchase you've got a family of customers for life!"

LOVE my Pilot!

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "Great maneuverability, cargo room and reliability"

"My pilot just keeps going! I love knowing I can reasonably expect to put 350,000 miles on this vehicle. It seats 8 including car seats plus other small luggage. I have no issues in snow or icy weather or getting around our farm. The pilot gets decent gas milage considering its a bigger SUV and 4WD. At 215k miles I had to fix something other than basic maintenance, and it was just a couple of sensors. Well worth the expense, in my opinion. Here's what I would change: the rear window needs to open independently from door to quickly drop small items in cargo area; when front seat is all the way back, there isn't much leg room for a toddler in a car seat in the 2nd row ( my kids are always kicking the seat cuz my hubby is 6'3"); I wish it was a bit quieter- road noise wise (I use top of the line tires cuz I put a lot of miles and it's still noisy). All that being said - when this pilot finally dies - I will buy another one!"