2008 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 886 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Love the Pilot

By on Friday, June 08, 2007

"My husband and I purchased our Pilot after the birth of our second child because we needed more room. I had been driving a CRV, which I loved, before we bought the Pilot (and I hated to see the CRV go because it had been a great car). That was a year ago, and today we all love the Pilot. PROS: It is VERY roomy, very comfortable, and it looks great. Additionally, the price could not be beat when compared to comparable vehicles (we paid $23k for ours, new). We are pleased with the gas mileage that the Pilot gets, and it has plenty of power. There are power outlets all over the vehicle, which I also like. Also lots of storage space and cup holders. We got the cloth interior, and it (amazingly) cleans up pretty easily. The extra headrest storage in the back can double as wet storage (which you need if you have kids with wet swimsuits, muddy shoes, or a bucket of tadpoles that they insist MUST come home with them). CONS: The paint does seem to chip easily. I also noticed that the windshield cracks easily (I experienced that with my CRV, too). Even small rocks can leave a "bullseye" on my windshield. The spare tire is not full-sized, which seems silly for a car of this size - ya' need a full-size spare. Also, there is no fold-down armrest in the back seat (even the CRV had that). Overall, we are very pleased with the Pilot and love to drive it. Even my husband, a sports car guy, loves to drive and ride in the Pilot."

Most reliable, economical car ever.

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "Most economical, reliable car ever!"

Cons: "No walk through to 3rd row and/or captains chairs"

"Compared to my old cars, and the cars of family members, this car is gold. Mind you, i am comparing to a new x5, passat, and most recently, my husband's 2012 bmw X3. My 8 year old pilot gives a much smoother, quieter ride than his! It is unbelievable. I bought it new 8 years ago and changed the oil every 3000 miles. Even that was inexpensive. I finally had to fix something at my last, 74,000 check up. I would only suggest getting an upgrade on tires if you live in an icy or snowy climate. I finally got new Michelin tires when we moved to a house with a steeper driveway, and new tires made a huge difference."

The best vehicle ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive not bad on gas. V6 power"

Cons: "A little slow pulling something."

"I brought this 2006 Honda back in the middle of may of 2009 with 45000 miles and now it's has 129200 miles on it and still drives very good. I had a minor problem with it one time and other very little problems but it's was never repeated again. The paint still looks good because it's stays inside the garage a lot and I always try to park it in a shade or near a shady spot. I keep the paint waxed three times a year. I always service it myself I change the oil every 4000 miles I don't follow what the oil life says because from 100 percent to 15 percent oil life is too long about almost 8000 miles so I change the oil when the oil life says 40 percent and then I reset it back to 100 percent. I just don't feel comfortable passing 4000 miles for oil change. I used the best oil I can find. I change the transmission fluids every 15 to 20,000 miles myself its very easy and only cost 30 dollars myself. It's very easy to do all the services myself the only thing I can't do is the timing belt dealer will have to do that for me. I put on a nicer 17 inch alloy wheels from Honda and its really make the vehicle looks nicer having a little bigger wheels. I always use tires that helps save fuel and every time I need a new tires I watch for something that will help save gas because some tires can make your vehicle waste more fuel. I get about 20 to 21 mpg in city where a city that is flat but here in Colorado springs is very hilly I get 18 to 20 but mostly 19 in town. On the highway where it's flat sometimes I get 31 to 32 if driving 65 mph. But mostly between 26 to 28 on the highway. My pilot is a two wheel drive that why better mpg. Very roomy and comfortable and I can sleep in the back with all seats fold down and it's comfortable staying at camp grounds in Oregon, Washington, and in Colorado I feel safer camping in my own vehicle with doors locked. It's pull a camper trailer very good under 1500 pounds but over 2000 pounds it's very slow pulling camper trailer in steep mountains area so I decided to sell camper trailer because I feel like its hard on the vehicle. I only bring a tent with me or sleep in vehicle. AC is still cold for almost eight years. I am planning to keep this vehicle until its has almost 400,000 miles or maybe more. It's been a great vehicle and still is. The older it's getting I will be expecting a few problems showing up but I don't think big problems going to happen."

Owned since new, great vehicle.

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Extremely reliable, sure footed, solid."

Cons: "Gas mileage, at 22 hgwy, isn't too good."

"I have owned my 2004 Pilot since new, and have done no repairs except a temp sensor replace at 55K, though all scheduled service was done, as well as oil every 3-4K. Very stable on dry roads, very nimble on wet and icy roads, and sure footed in snow. Used mainly to travel between New York and Maine, it has been an amazing vehicle."

Doesn't drive like it has high miles

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE. Easy to service avoiding costs."

Cons: "Handles bulky, both on corners and while braking"

"Bought this car with 205K miles on it, with no worries whatsoever. Every mechanic I spoke to had no qualms about purchasing a high mileage Honda pending a pre-purchase inspection, and thus far this vehicle has not disappointed. The previous owner made a point to do regular maintenance on the required intervals, and this vehicle acts as though it's just been broken in. Everything is original with no major maintenance, and even items like the seats and other high-touch items have handles wear well. Just completed the timing belt and spark pulgs at it's required 210k mile mark, and expect this vehicle to take me and my family onward for another 100K+. Couldn't be happier with this vehicle."