2008 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 886 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Love the Pilot

By on Friday, June 08, 2007

"My husband and I purchased our Pilot after the birth of our second child because we needed more room. I had been driving a CRV, which I loved, before we bought the Pilot (and I hated to see the CRV go because it had been a great car). That was a year ago, and today we all love the Pilot. PROS: It is VERY roomy, very comfortable, and it looks great. Additionally, the price could not be beat when compared to comparable vehicles (we paid $23k for ours, new). We are pleased with the gas mileage that the Pilot gets, and it has plenty of power. There are power outlets all over the vehicle, which I also like. Also lots of storage space and cup holders. We got the cloth interior, and it (amazingly) cleans up pretty easily. The extra headrest storage in the back can double as wet storage (which you need if you have kids with wet swimsuits, muddy shoes, or a bucket of tadpoles that they insist MUST come home with them). CONS: The paint does seem to chip easily. I also noticed that the windshield cracks easily (I experienced that with my CRV, too). Even small rocks can leave a "bullseye" on my windshield. The spare tire is not full-sized, which seems silly for a car of this size - ya' need a full-size spare. Also, there is no fold-down armrest in the back seat (even the CRV had that). Overall, we are very pleased with the Pilot and love to drive it. Even my husband, a sports car guy, loves to drive and ride in the Pilot."

Most reliable, economical car ever.

By on Friday, June 22, 2012

Pros: "Most economical, reliable car ever!"

Cons: "No walk through to 3rd row and/or captains chairs"

"Compared to my old cars, and the cars of family members, this car is gold. Mind you, i am comparing to a new x5, passat, and most recently, my husband's 2012 bmw X3. My 8 year old pilot gives a much smoother, quieter ride than his! It is unbelievable. I bought it new 8 years ago and changed the oil every 3000 miles. Even that was inexpensive. I finally had to fix something at my last, 74,000 check up. I would only suggest getting an upgrade on tires if you live in an icy or snowy climate. I finally got new Michelin tires when we moved to a house with a steeper driveway, and new tires made a huge difference."

The best vehicle ever owned

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive not bad on gas. V6 power"

Cons: "A little slow pulling something."

"I brought this 2006 Honda back in the middle of may of 2009 with 45000 miles and now it's has 129200 miles on it and still drives very good. I had a minor problem with it one time and other very little problems but it's was never repeated again. The paint still looks good because it's stays inside the garage a lot and I always try to park it in a shade or near a shady spot. I keep the paint waxed three times a year. I always service it myself I change the oil every 4000 miles I don't follow what the oil life says because from 100 percent to 15 percent oil life is too long about almost 8000 miles so I change the oil when the oil life says 40 percent and then I reset it back to 100 percent. I just don't feel comfortable passing 4000 miles for oil change. I used the best oil I can find. I change the transmission fluids every 15 to 20,000 miles myself its very easy and only cost 30 dollars myself. It's very easy to do all the services myself the only thing I can't do is the timing belt dealer will have to do that for me. I put on a nicer 17 inch alloy wheels from Honda and its really make the vehicle looks nicer having a little bigger wheels. I always use tires that helps save fuel and every time I need a new tires I watch for something that will help save gas because some tires can make your vehicle waste more fuel. I get about 20 to 21 mpg in city where a city that is flat but here in Colorado springs is very hilly I get 18 to 20 but mostly 19 in town. On the highway where it's flat sometimes I get 31 to 32 if driving 65 mph. But mostly between 26 to 28 on the highway. My pilot is a two wheel drive that why better mpg. Very roomy and comfortable and I can sleep in the back with all seats fold down and it's comfortable staying at camp grounds in Oregon, Washington, and in Colorado I feel safer camping in my own vehicle with doors locked. It's pull a camper trailer very good under 1500 pounds but over 2000 pounds it's very slow pulling camper trailer in steep mountains area so I decided to sell camper trailer because I feel like its hard on the vehicle. I only bring a tent with me or sleep in vehicle. AC is still cold for almost eight years. I am planning to keep this vehicle until its has almost 400,000 miles or maybe more. It's been a great vehicle and still is. The older it's getting I will be expecting a few problems showing up but I don't think big problems going to happen."

Owned since new, great vehicle.

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Pros: "Extremely reliable, sure footed, solid."

Cons: "Gas mileage, at 22 hgwy, isn't too good."

"I have owned my 2004 Pilot since new, and have done no repairs except a temp sensor replace at 55K, though all scheduled service was done, as well as oil every 3-4K. Very stable on dry roads, very nimble on wet and icy roads, and sure footed in snow. Used mainly to travel between New York and Maine, it has been an amazing vehicle."

Doesn't drive like it has high miles

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE. Easy to service avoiding costs."

Cons: "Handles bulky, both on corners and while braking"

"Bought this car with 205K miles on it, with no worries whatsoever. Every mechanic I spoke to had no qualms about purchasing a high mileage Honda pending a pre-purchase inspection, and thus far this vehicle has not disappointed. The previous owner made a point to do regular maintenance on the required intervals, and this vehicle acts as though it's just been broken in. Everything is original with no major maintenance, and even items like the seats and other high-touch items have handles wear well. Just completed the timing belt and spark pulgs at it's required 210k mile mark, and expect this vehicle to take me and my family onward for another 100K+. Couldn't be happier with this vehicle."

Handles great!

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "Handles great, reliable, goes anywhere, decent mpg"

Cons: "steering column, back doesn't lay flat"

"After looking at SUVs for over a year we bought the 2004 Pilot EX in Dec 2009 when it was 20 below. Had 97000 miles on it with all maint. records. Drove it sraight up a hill in a foot of snow on the first day & didn't even have to use the low 4x4. Took it on a trip to CA a month later and down the back roads in Death Valley. Handled awesome! Tight turn radius, good traction on rocky, bumpy gravel roads. Got 25mpg on level hwy, 21 in town. Got 25-29mpg hwy. on trip into Yellowstone & down into WY. Put better traction tires on last year & it dropped the gas mileage down to 18-22mpg 8( but can take it anywhere now. It takes whatever MT roads dish out. Had to replace the air conditioning unit at 115000 miles but just regular maint. otherwise. Love the big windows and great visibility. Only neg. is the steering column doesn't adjust high enough to see full speedomoter for taller people and the back doesn't lay completely flat. Love this vehicle and don't want to drive anything else. I trust it to take me where I want to go with out problems & have fun doing it. Already have 149000 miles on it and will drive it til we can't keep it running anymore. Maybe by then I will grow to like the new Pilot styling cuz I'm sticking with the Pilot."

2008 Honda Pilot EXL

By on Monday, February 04, 2008

"Having 6 SUV's since 1985, I can honestly say this is the best one to date. The pilot is very confortable, and I do not feel tired after a long drive. Mileage on the road is a little better then my past SUV's. I am glad I bought this one, even though I know that the Honda Pilot is having a design changie in 2009."

Finally found the right Honda

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I have owned just about every Honda (02 Civic, 2 Accords (93, 05), CRV(04), Odyssey(04) and now, an 06 Pilot) I have an EX with Leather and RES. We've already driven it cross country and it was the perfect car for us. Even with 2 carseats in the middle row, you can fit an adult back there with comfort. The 3rd row of seats are a tight fit, but they were designed for children. There have been times when I've needed to fit 6 people in my car, 2 kids in car seats and 4 adults. The booster seat fits perfectly in the 3rd row with the other 2 seats folded down. Never lost any cargo room because of the split seats. From the outside, you would never imagine the amount of cargo space there is. Some people have even been skeptical that I could fit 8 people in my car...plus bags and boxes! I did it and it was perfect. Reading other reviews, some reviewers complained about the gas mileage, but think about it...it's a V6 SUV...it's not supposed to get excellent gas mileage, but for its class, it could be worse. This vehicle handles great and is very comfortable. After researching and test driving all vehicles in the class, it has the best value for all the options you get. Definitely not cheaply made, like its counterparts. With any Honda, there will never be any doubt about reliability or depreciation. It will definitely outperform the competitors."

I will miss my sub very much.

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "best car I ever had,"

Cons: "I retire,need something smaller ;portable gps."

"side running bars new tires (less than 300 mi )new battery,roof track and cross bars,sits 5 adults 3 children,engine maintain with Castrol oil , new cab.air filter ,new breaks disc and calipers, fog light,6 cup holders,cassette and cd player,heated from sits two control,leather,ac and heat on rear,EXL 4x4 VMt Tras.Much more."

The best purchase I've ever made in my life!!!

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Pick up, reliability, comfortable to ride & drive"

Cons: "No adults on 3rd row"

"I currently have 199,800 miles (and counting) on my 4WD 2005 Pilot. I purchased it in '08 with 29k miles on it. When I drove it home my neighbor said I'd NEVER have a problem with it. He was telling the truth!!!! The only way this SUV is leaving my possession is when I purchase its smaller counterpart (the CR-V) at which point I'll gift my Pilot to one of my (now grown) children. It's safe, durable, uber reliable and strong enough to uproot a tree (I did in the 1st month that I owned it). I have the EX-L and I love the front seat warmers, sunroof and leather seats. Matter of-fact, those will have to be a must in my CR-V. This car is so durable, I even love how the paint has held up. I really do believe this engine will last another 200K miles. I look forward to many more oil changes and life memories with grandchildren learning to drive this vehicle. Thanks Honda! Due to this purchase you've got a family of customers for life!"