2007 Honda Pilot

Based on 879 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Disappointment-Sill leaks - Electrical Problems

By on Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Quite, Smooth"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage, High Maint, $$$ Repairs"

"Bought New, Never taken off road, used for communting and town. the BAD - problem with SILL leaks as other reviewer stated. May be why electrical problems but Honda would not repair or credit. Other problems, headlamps, tail lights, airbag sensors, brakes expensive to replace and need replacement often. O2 sensors, 5 ea to troubleshoot, at 100-300 each to replace, catalitic 3, 800 to replace one plus troubleshooting. Transmission leaks at 170k-190k so dont plan on keeping past 150k. This is common for this vehicle according to transmission shops. Have not had repaired. Not enough power for the gas it uses, could use more for the weight. POOR MILEAGE-12-14 AVG. Poor honda service. GOOD - Rides nice, comfortable, quiet for driver, always starts. Never been stranded."

Nice comfortable car 3 row seating 4 wheel drive

By on Monday, July 23, 2012

Pros: "Had it for 4 years nice car 3row seats silv 4x4"

Cons: "Needs rear door shock carpets cleaned lil talc"

"Good paint,good seats good gas mileage,need rear door shock car has had 100.000 mile tuneup including timing chain and harmonic balancer,oil change new brakes and drums.also new belt.only 105.000 miles"

solid,reliable vehicle

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "handles like a sports car"

Cons: "slight road noise"

"great car with no problems at all. my wife loves her pilot"

Excellent Choice

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

"After being in a bad accident, I bought my Pilot brand new, mostly for the safety features. Ive had it for 6 years now and 121k miles...couldn't be happier with it. I have followed the maitnance plan and my car still runs like new. The Pilot is safe..spacious and good on all road conditions. I would highly recommend this car to anyone looking for a mid sized SUV."

Reliable, comfortable and carries a lot of stuff.

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "Carries a lot of stuff in comfort."

Cons: "Poor rear view visibility."

"Purchased this car to carry soccer team and it did. Also have used it to transport rescue dogs, kids to college and on errands. Lots of room inside. Has a comfortable ride and nice seats too. Very reliable transportation. Only drawback is rear view is impaired which makes backing up difficult."

Low maintenance, very reliable, comfortable

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"This is the first Honda vehicle we've ever owned. Owned 3 VW's before that and had a lot of problems with all 3 of them (even though they were a blast to drive, when everything worked). During the first 5 years, the only unscheduled maintenance we needed was $180 for new front suspension links. They actually began rattling at about 3 years old. Just replaced the brake pads and rotors at 41,000 miles (5 1/2 years) - mostly city driving. The only other thing I've done is have to tighten the rear hatch latch attachment bolts (10 min. job I did myself). So overall, a VERY reliable vehicle. As far as comfort, we've taken it on two long-distance trips and we averaged 22mpg on one trip (70 mph and used A/C) and 24 mpg on the other trip (60-65 mph with no A/C). City driving renders about 16 mph (I think the heated seats use up about 1/2 mpg!). The only additional equipment we have is the auto day/night dimming rearview mirror, which is one of our favorite features - it works like magic. One of the only complaints we have is the freeway driving noise is a little higher than it's competitors (Explorer, Highlander, etc.) and the engine idle noise seems a little higher than necessary (you only hear this if outside the car, or windows are down). The 3rd row seat is very easy to use. We regularly take 6 people (soccer team carpooling) and there is plenty of room. The little compartment which stows the 3rd row headrests is quite clever (when the 3rd row is stowed and not in use). The spare tire is good-sized and relatively easy to get to in order to put air in it a couple times per year. The Pilot has one of the best turning radii in its class. In fact, it turns sharper than the VW cars that we've owned! And the steering is very good on the highway, as far as keeping centered in one's lane. The Maintenance Minder annunciator system works very well, so we never miss oil/filter changes and other miscellaneous recommended maintenance. The only "annoying" part to the vehicle is that whenever you turn on the environmental system, it automatically turns on the A/C compressor with it. Most of the time when the compressor is not needed (winter, spring, and fall), you have to make a 2nd button push to disengage the compressor (to save fuel and wear/tear on compressor). If the humidity/moisture is higher (during winter snowstorms, or rain events) the 3rd row side windows have a tendency to fog up quicker than would be expected. And in this case, a liberal use of the a/c compressor will do the trick. Overall, no vehicle is perfect. But, the 2006 Honda Pilot EX-L is as close to a perfect vehicle in my book. Highly recommend it for those who need or desire an SUV. We will likely keep it for 15 years."

solid vehicle

By on Thursday, May 05, 2011

"My wife wanted one of these so bad she couldn't stand it so in 2006 we purchased our 2003 Pilot. It has been her primary vehicle for the last 5 years and we have put 75000 miles on it. A set of fuel injectors and a fauly power door lock have been the only non routine mainteanance items we have encountered. My wife loves it and says that if she could, she would keep it forever or replace it with the same thing. I'm not as enthusiastic as she is about it but I can not deny it's reliability. I do wish mileage was better. We currently get an average of 18mpg with mixed driving and have seen as much as 21.5 on a highway trip. But, for a family vehicle that is capable in all four seasons and can tow most moderate loads its a great vehicle."

vehicle

By on Sunday, June 27, 2010

"We brought the Pilot brand bew in 2003. The Pilot has 200,000 + miles and runs great. We have not had any problems. Drove cross country without any problems."

still happy

By on Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"We have had our pilot for 5 years now and we are still very happy with it. Just as mentioned in other reviews maintaining this mid size SUV is so easy and inexpensive. We owned mini vans for 10 years prior and the family decided it was time to move out of the MV and get into something different, (more sporty) but I just couldn't give up the 7 passenger seating that mini vans had to offer and I didn't want to get into a gas hog. When we came across the Honda Pilot it was love at first site. With the back seats that flip up (WHEN NEEDED), the low maintenance and great gas millage well we were sold. We just got back from an LA to Vegas trip with 5 adults and 2 children in car seats and it was awesome. We do have over 100k miles on it and it runs like a champ. The only reason that i can think of getting rid of this vehicle will be to upgrade to a newer version, and that won't be happening for quit some time. Thank You Honda :)"

Honda forever

By on Monday, March 29, 2010

"Never saw myself in a SUV until the Pilot was introduced. We waited one year. Test drove the CRV and Element, but the quality and substance of the Pilot sold us. We had zero problems. Replaced tires @ 60k, brakes @ 90k. Saving up for the timing belt replacement @ 105k. 20-22 MPG, handles and runs well. Miss the multi disk cd and split temperature controls found in later models. Heated seats are excellent. Added a hitch only to carry bikes and move the dock. Wonderful car!"

Dependable vehicle

By on Monday, November 23, 2009

"It is the first SUV we ever owned and it has met all our needs. Plenty of space(except 3rd row). Feels powerful and you ride high in this vehicle. Only disappointment is fuel mileage. Does not get anywhere near 17/21. More like 15//19. Overall, it is safe, dependable and will be driven for many more years."

LOVE THIS VEHICLE!

By on Monday, June 08, 2009

"In my personal opinion Honda got it right with this vehicle. Even though the 3rd row of seating really only works for younger children, you can't beat an 8 passenger vehicle of this size and quality, for the price. This is my fifth Honda owned (1-Civic , 3-Accords and I still own a 1999 Accord EX-V6 with 157,000 miles) and the Pilot proves that Honda continues to get it done right. My ONLY complaint against the Pilot (and every other Honda I've owned) are the brakes, which have consistently been their downfall in Consumer's Report. It also doesn't matter how I drive it (I generally average 60-70 MPH) my gas mileage is roughly 17-19 MPG city, and I got 23 MPG going to Florida (averaged 78 MPH per my GPS), which is pretty good for an AWD/4WD vehicle of this size. The engine generates great HP to get this 4000 pound vehicle moving relatively quickly, and the transmission shifts smoothly at any rate of acceleration. I would highly recommend the Pilot to anyone who needs a vehicle with a sizeable cargo/passenger capacity, but doesn't want one of those mammoth SUV's."

After all-it's a Honda!

By on Sunday, November 23, 2008

"My wife and I love this crossover SUV so much, we put 30,000 miles on it the first year. Couldn't get us out of it! Now it has 90,000 and hasn't missed a beat (but I maintain it meticulously at local Honda). Honda garage-guy says the Pilot is the most reliable Honda made and should be good for 150,000 miles or more. We have always felt safe in this vehicle because, for its class, it is heavy, but it handles like a feather. Solid ride. Very adequately powered. Spacious shoulder room front and back--except for the small third row seat which, like most in class, they shouldn't have bothered with. Was more expensive than Toyota Highlander, but it's a bigger, heavier, vehicle. Criticisms: It rides high and has a high CG, so have to go easy on the curves. My version has a steering-column-mounted shift lever which iinterferes with my right knee in the lower gears (I'm tall and could use more leg room). Has a little more wind noise than I would have expected from Honda. And no compass--unforgivable! But the positives far outweigh the negs, and I'm always proud to approach this good looking, silver vehicle in a parking lot, knowing that it's mine free and clear. It was a great choice for my family. Absolutely no regrets!"

BFF

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"An outstanding vehicle, zero mechanical problems, all I've done is change the oil every 3K. Even the paint job is holding up nicely and I haven't waxed it in 2 years! Highly recommended! If the economy wasn't so bad, I'd get a 2009, but I expect my 2004 to hold up well for another 5 years."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"This is my wife's daily driver. The safety features, visibility and turn radius are what she likes best about her pilot. It accomodates 5 adults very comfortably. we've had 7 in it for short runs. It is very comfortable on long trips and with the third row seats down the cargo space is large and has tie downs. Perfomance is also very good, steering is tight and acceleration is smooth and quick. I have been pleasantly surprised."

Awesome

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"My Aunt bought this pilot new in 2003, and gave it to me with 98,000 miles on it. It currently has 104,000 miles on it and still runs like a new car! it has had it's normal things to replace and fix, like flushing the transmission, the VTM-4 light would keep coming on, but that was found to be a clogged filter. the visibility is GREAT, I can parallel park it without ANY problems, something I had a hard time on with my honda civic. I've taken it on a 6 hour drive without stopping and got 25 MPG. I LOVE this vehicle, the suspension is great and it's so roomy, WAY more head and leg room than the highlander. And the sound system is awesome too! I can't say enough about it!"

No Worries

By on Friday, March 07, 2008

"Bought brand new. Only had 2 minor problems: loose rear spoiler(covered under warranty) & FM stereo button stopped lighting up(covered under warranty). No mechanical issues. Car is not garaged & started every morning in frigid MN winters. 4WD works great in snow. Driven over 93K miles with no worries. Gas mileage is good: 21mpg in summers, 17 in winters."

Great Value

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"We've had this 05 pilot for a year now and love it. We have put 25000 miles on it this year, due to alot of traveling with our jobs. Have had no issues with it. Gas milage is good for the suv class. On the hills of San Francisco in town we only got about 17 per gal. but while traveling on the interstate we average around 22 to 23 per gal. The interior is nice and roomy and the controls are nicely laid out, except the shifter is a litter different, the first couple of times driving you will turn the wind shield wipers on by mistake, but you will get used to it. the back seats lay flush into the floor, making way for plenty of cargo room. The steering and controls are nice for an suv. the brake system is great and unlike most suv s there is no nose dive of the front end when you apply the brakes suddenly. It also has a tire monitoring system which has informed us a couple of times of low tires and which one is low. The heated seats are a must for the cold Ky winters. No one will be dissappointed with this honda product."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"Bought new in 12-06'. Whole family loves it. No problems at all so far. Vehicle holds value very well. Is very comfortable, plenty of room for passengers, plenty of cargo room or for extra passengers with 3rd row seat. A little higher in price than I would have prefered, but you get what you pay for. A great vehicle so far, no complaints at all."

we love it

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"We have had our Pilot for 4 1/2 years and have been thrilled with it. The only problem we've had is that the interior door handles are peeling. Pretty minor problem. We ABUSE this car...100,000 in 4 years with 3 kids and a dog...and it holds up great. It holds us and all of our stuff with room left over. The gas mileage is decent too for a car that has this much luggage space. We would buy another one in a heartbeat...we're hoping to get another 100,000 out of this one first!"

this has been a great car. very quiet reliable.

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pros: "reliable, quiet, well built"

Cons: "paint not holding up to fl sun"

"our only complaint are with the paint which has faded on the roof and rear hatch. kids love the dvd player and it has had many road trips.i wish I could buy another as the new body style isn't as nice as the 07. I would buy another one just not burgundy."

Honda Pilot Best Car Ever!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "price, great drive, functional and reliable"

Cons: "change location of front cup holders & rear vents"

"I have now had this car for over 10 years and love it, it was purchased in the introduction year it is dependable, functional and a true family car. I have not had any issues, I would get another one but the kids are all gone too big for one person. Great value for the money!"

AWESOME CAR! LOVE IT!

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Fair price, lots of cargo space, fits 8, great AWD"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"It's big, fits 8, tons of cargo space, very quiet and fun! It's absolutely an awesome machine. It's also extremely reliable, as the ONLY thing that I had to change since I got it new was a wheel bearing (of course other than the usual oil changes, and brake replacement). And even in Canada's extreme weather, it NEVER got stuck with the awesome lockable awd systtem, and it keeps you warm and feeling safe with the airbags and heated seats and mirrors. And no matter how heavy the vehicle is, the 3.5 litre VTEC never fails! pulls very hard especially when the VTEC kicks in, it feels as if you got hit from the back! I also tow my boat with it, and absolutely feel like nothing is on the back! One very small complaint is gas mileage that could be a bit improved. Other than that, I absolutely love it and 200% recommend it."

Dependable, Comfortable, and Perfect!

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive and Perfect with Kids"

Cons: "A/C had a few problems."

"I have had this car for almost 10 years and it has met my needs perfectly. It has been dependable and durable. I love it!"

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L - worth it

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Great driving vehicle for road trips or town"

"I bought my first Honda as a 5yo used vehicle. The seats are leather, there is a 6-CD changer, sunroof, heated side view mirrors, third row back seat is a bit smaller than the second row but manageable. Front bucket seats heat up, which is a huge bonus in our Montana winters. Great storage capacity in back. It hasn't given me a lick of trouble at 54,000 miles. Re-sale value holding strong. I'd highly recommend this vehicle."