2007 Honda Pilot

Based on 837 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

My first dealer-bought car

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Storage, power, amenities, comfort, easy to drive"

Cons: "Very small space between front seats and console"

"I was set on buying a Kia once I finished school and got a "real" job. I test drove a Sorento and several other makes of used mid-size SUV's. I was not excited about the Pilot at first based on a photo which showed the gear shifter blocking the radio and climate controls. But once I drove it (and the gear shifter miraculously moved out of the way), I was getting warmed up to the idea. Compared to the other 7 or so cars I drove over two days, I started to love the this car. I settled on the Pilot after NEARLY signing on the Sportage. The mileage was a bit higher than I had hoped at over 103K at 6 years old at the time, but it IS a Honda, after all. The Pilot has guts, great brakes, a quiet and smooth car-like ride, leather everything, power everything, 3 12 volt outlets, shoulder seatbelts for all 8 passengers, dual zone climate controls, storage galore, hooks, adjustable middle row seat, split rear seating, both rows fold down (although the middle row does not go flat as I had hoped), cup holders for pretty much every passenger, side air bags for the front, sliding and tilting sunroof, 7 in-dash CD slots, tape player (which is great for an AUX-to-tape converter so I can stream music from my phone), steering wheel controls for cruise control and audio, great visibility at all angles (only one very small blind spot, which is solved by a small convex mirror on the driver's side), heated seats, roof racks, heated electric side mirrors, tire pressure monitors, interior safety lighting, and did I mention STORAGE!?! Under the hood is roomy and easy to work in, unlike some other foreign makes. The spare tire is hidden under the rear of the body, so there are no ugly plastic tire covers blocking the rear view. Speaking of the rear view, since it was manufactured before rear cameras became fairly standard, I installed an after-marked camera which activates when the reverse light is on and transmits a wireless signal to a clip-on rear-view mirror with a small window that shows what's behind me. I call it "The Cap'n" and I love him! I've had it for 3 years exactly today and I hope to have him for at least 10 more!"

Reliable, dependable and one of the best vehicles

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

"One of the best vehicles I have ever owned."

love my honda.

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "all around great vehicle."

"I am disabled, and most vehicles I can get in and out of with some discomfort, and effort. I can do so in my pilot, with ease. I can drive without being uncomfortable, even long distances. There are minimal blind spots, and spacial orientation is comfortable...not many vehicles I can say this of. My grandsons and daughters all fit, 8 seats! I love it. Overall, it is most efficient, and gets good mileage."

Great investment

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

"This is the best running vehicle I have ever owned. I would love to purchase a newer model Its a truck Mommy mobile Pic Nic loader and so much more"

good vehicle for the price

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "great value alot of space very reliable"

Cons: "HORRIBLE gas mileage"

"we have owned this car for a little over 4 years now. plan to trade it in for the new 2015 colorado. this has been a great vehicle. has plenty of room inside for the whole family and pets. can tow a decent amount of weight also. the worse part about this car is it gets horrible gas mileage. its rated at a combined 18. i only get about 15"

Great car

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Great engine. Durable, good seats, cheap leather."

Cons: "LOUSY navigation system, rotors tend to warp."

"New 7-05. One warranty claim during warranty period, (right strut replaced). Never added a single quart of oil in 126,000 miles. Normal maintenance. 105,000 mile maintenance expensive, timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, valve adjustment. Dealer service is pretty good, only one complaint bad brake job. Never replaced a single light bulb. Navigation system made by Clairion. They should stick to stereos. Worst in the business, dead slow, gets lost all the time. Honda wanted $179 or so to update the data base. Paid it once only, and its worse than before the update. Roads in place 3 years before the update still weren't in the data base. Great vehicle, probably buy another."

Best Honda Pilot

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

"No complaints from this Honda Pilot. It has been one of the best cars we have ever owned. All Leather seats, tow hitch, tires are in very good condition. No mechanical issues. Only visual interior negative is the driver's seat has some leather tears on the side from normal wear and tear. Very clean. No warranties. Sold as is."

Great!

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, easy to drive, plenty of room"

Cons: "Front brakes and rotors, paint chips very easily"

"Purchased this vehicle 9 years ago. Never any major issues. Very reliable and easy to drive. By far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Wish it could last forever but at almost 160,000 miles it is getting tired. Only complaint is front brakes tend to wear easily and need frequent replacement. Love this vehicle. If you can find one for a good price with low miles jump on it."

Reliable yet are some flaws

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Crash-worthy, fun to drive, 4WD"

Cons: "Comfort, No third row speakers"

"I have owned this vehicle for 4 years now, and have put approx 30,000 miles on it. Back in June 2012, this car was put to the test when I was at a red light (at a dead stop), and someone in a Dodge Durango rear-ended us. The vehicle did not appear to take much damage, and 2 of the 3 of us came out injury free. My two passengers came out of the accident without a scratch, but being the driver, I came out with pretty bad whiplash, and a very "nice" seatbelt bruise. The one thing that concerned me was that I feel as if the airbags should have come out during the accident. I still drive this vehicle as a daily driver, and I still love it. I am considering trading in the vehicle now because the seats are not that comfortable (the third row is terrible-- no leg room), and that there are no rear speakers, but other than that, I would recommend this vehicle."

Great runner; highly dependable

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Dependable; strong runner; roomy"

Cons: "Gas mileage not the greatest."

"Really needed a passenger sedan, but something caused us to purchase this vehicle. Awesome vehicle in all respects, just don't really need a SUV. It has features that we rarely or never use."

Will buy a new one when I hit 200000 miles

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "great second car"

Cons: "4wd is not on above 15 mph"

"8 trips from Ca. to Ar. and back...local streets & freeways...never a problem...no mechanical/engine/steering/AC/excessive wearing of any component over the last 14 yrs!!!"

230,000 miles and still running strong!

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Best SUV ever"

Cons: "Hate the seats...they just hurt. Front or back!"

"I have owned the 2005 Honda Pilot since 2005. We bought it new and put every one of those miles on her. This SUV has been the most reliable, safe, economical SUV ever.We have 8 children and when we bought this Honda it was when afew had left home and gas was begining to climb in price(I had a suburban) So we did our research and came up with the Pilot to fit the children still at home and gas milage. Perfect fit. We have only had to do regular maintence on her and tires really. Love it and if I could afford a newer one Id get it tomorrow(dont care for the new body style though). We live in Wisconsin and we"ve lived out in the country here and I have never had any trouble in snow or mud. Even when my sons jeep got stuck in our drive. My Honda powered on. Gas is great and the rear seat is awesome, but really only for smaller folk. Only real downside is that the seats are major uncomfortable on long trips. They just dont fit well at all. Your butt is asleep in minutes. Weather your in the front or back. Cargo is good. Ive pilled tons in there and fold down the seats and its like a truck bed. Love this SUV and would buy another."

LOVE this car

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "would recommend it if they still sold this model"

Cons: "No cons"

"This is a very reliable, smooth, convenient car. With long trips with 2 kids, 2 large dogs and cargo - this car has been a gem. Reliable, just maintain and go. If they sold this exact same car and body style I would buy it again. Not sure I like the newer Pilots as well."

Best SUV

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "Great driving experience"

Cons: "Poor mileage in town"

"Traded my Mercedes M320 for this and so very glad . In my three years of ownership only spent about 2500.00 for tires timing belt water pump and regular maintenance . That same time span with my M320 cost over 17000.00"

well built, great for trips, great in snow,

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "well built,very comfortable to drive"

Cons: "can get a little pricey"

"well built plenty of cargo room when third seat is folded down. gets around 23 to 24 miles per gallon on trips"

comfort and reliable

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

"This was worth the money! My kids like that we can take them and their friends in the car at the same time with the third row seats I can take up to 8 at a time. Put the seats down to make a good size space to carry many things."

Cons: "change location of front cup holders & rear vents"

"I have now had this car for over 10 years and love it, it was purchased in the introduction year it is dependable, functional and a true family car. I have not had any issues, I would get another one but the kids are all gone too big for one person. Great value for the money!"

Love this vehicle.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive. Lots of seating and cargo space."

Cons: "none."

"Great vehicle. Seats eight. Still love it, but no longer need this size vehicle."

Not what I anticipated

By on Wednesday, April 02, 2014

"I purchased my 2005 Honda pilot used last year and was really excited after reading all the rave reviews. I have been a bit disappointed in my purchase. The third row seat is very small, narrow, and the seat belt buckle latch does not move so it is hard to even think of trying to fit a carseat in the back or a booster. The trunk space is small when the third row is being utilized.. my friends toyota minivan has way more room! The front seats are great and comfy- love them! Heated seats in my car and plenty of room. Driving this car reminds me of a boat- bumps and turns seem top heavy. I have no complaints thus far about reliability- it has always gotten me where i need to go. Since my purchase, the check engine lights, 4*4 light and maintenance required lights have all come on which I am not used to happening in such a small amount of time. The quality is plastic and a bit cheesy for me. After reading many reviews I thought I would get better MPG but as it turns out i'm getting about 15MPG with my 20 gallon tank being on empty after 300 miles. Would I purchase again? No. Am I contemplating selling this SUV for something else? It is a possibility."

We've had this car for 7 years

By on Monday, March 31, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room and extremely reliable."

Cons: "A bit noisier on the road"

"My wife liked her 2003 Honda Pilot better than my Lexus RX300! Which was o.k. by me, I liked my RX too! Anyhow, the Honda was better than the RX in only one area. My RX ate batteries. Not unusualy a lot, but more than the Honda. When we came back from a lengthy vacation, the Pilot started right up, the RX had to be jumped. l liked both cars. The Honda had a little more room. It was a little noisier than the RX, but then it was a bit more expensive. Both excellent choices for SUV's in my opinion"

Great until about 100,000 miles

By on Saturday, March 29, 2014

"Bought pilot new in 2007. Maintained the car & had zero issues, until I reached 100,000 miles. First, there was a leaking a/c hose-$600+ repair. Then a leaking radiator-$700. for OEM replacement & hoses. Now a faulty tension belt or bearing around the water pump which creates a constant clicking noise- another $700 repair. Its been a rough winter, but I'm afraid to think what repair is around the corner. Anyone else experience these or other repairs after 100K?"

Hondas are no longer reliable

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "Decent drive ability."

Cons: "Too much maintenance."

"Hondas cost more money. The reason a consumer is willing to pay more is for a better product. The Honda transmission is no longer a long lasting part. Expect to replace it every 100-150K miles."

Great vehicle with minor drawbacks

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pros: "comfortable, roomy, and decent gas mileage"

Cons: "hard to clean between front seats"

"Overall, this has been a great choice, and I'd recommend the Pilot to others. Extremely comfortable ride, plenty of space for people or cargo (not necessarily both at the same time!) Tows well, decent gas mileage, and great sound system. The plastic parts of the interior haven't worn as well as I'd like, with some deterioration of the steering wheel cover, console cover, and other plastic parts. Most annoying thing is the tight space between the front seats and the console--debris falls down and it is extremely difficult to clean. Power windows have recently failed, but not a huge repair cost. All other mechanical systems have performed well with only routine maintenance required."