2007 Honda Pilot

Based on 849 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

The easiest and most comfortable drive ever!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Reason: down sizing

"We've just sold our 2005 as we are new empty nesters. The pilot has been a safe drive in any weather condition. Both children learnt to drive with the Pilot and used it extensively. Have not had any major problems regarding maintenance, although we always took it back to our dealer for regular oil changes etc., I have owned several cars but the Pilot along with my old MG Midget have been my most favorite ones to drive. We had the leather seats which were a dream to clean up especially when the kids were young and transporting muddy dogs and horse stuff in the trunk. I already miss driving it, but I know it'll serve its new owners well. A great vehicle that has been reliable and maintenance free."

No reliability problems. Quality automobile.

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "Safe, roomy, and good highway car. Great 4WD."

Cons: "Steering is a bit ponderous. Acceleration is slow."

"Would purchase again."

Best car we have owned. Minor maintenance reliable

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Few repairs"

Cons: "Seats wore out too soon."

"This has been a great car. We did some maintenance at 200,000 miles like motor mounts and timing belt over all nothing major. I highly recommend this vehicle. It probably has a lot more miles in it still."

Great car!

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Great family vehicle and handy."

Cons: "Little too tall for this 4'10" retiree!"

"I don't need a car this big any more - its 8 passenger. Has gray leather interior with 3rd row seating. Very comfortable riding vehicle and very handy having the fold down seats."

gas milage not so great

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "great on long trips"

Cons: "poor gas milage"

"no coment"

From now on, I will always own a Pilot!

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

"This is by far, the best vehicle we have ever owned! We have owned our first Pilot for over 9 years. It has been reliable in all weather/ANY roads! The interior pockets and compartments were surely designed by a woman, particularly a mom, because they are so well placed for the many things that a woman/mom has to have with her. It is luxurious yet capable of hauling lumber. WE have 'sold' 10 Pilots to friends just through conversations about ours. I truly will always own a Pilot."

This has been a very reliable vehicle

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"This has been a great vehicle for me. The DVD system kept my young son occupied during long trips."

Good family vehicle

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

"Not impressed with the braking - but the comfort and convenience of all the features make it enjoyable to drive and the gas mileage is not bad all all. Love the 3rd row seating."

out standing car

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "fun safe got get up and go"

Cons: "could be a little better on gas 20 hi way"

"not afraid to drive this car anywhere in the usa"

I LOVE MY HONDA PILOT. 140k MILES. NO PROBLEMS.

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "VALUE IS BETTER THAN ANY CAR IN ITS CLASS."

Cons: "CANT RETRIEVE ITEMS THAT FALL BETW SEAT AND CONSOL"

"I AM A HONDA FAN. I HAD AN ODYSSEY AND NOW THE PILOT, AND I WILL CONTINUE BUYING PILOTS. IT IS RELIABLE, COMFORTABLE AND EFFICIENT."

Excellent vehicle. Very comfortable and spacious.

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

"Only drawbacks are only one power seat, the driver's, no fifth door release on inside and no remote lock/unlock for fifth door. If price is right I will definitely look into buying another Pilot."

Amazing car

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Handles well. Quiet ride. Roomy. Comfortable"

Cons: "Third row cramped."

"I love my Honda Pilot. It is amazing in the snow. Quick flip from 2WD to 4WD. Hardly even needed the 4WD because the Pilot tackles the snow and ice so well! Very roomy interior. I love the leather seats. Second row seats are very roomy as well. Air conditioner leak at 120,000 miles. Catalytic converter needed replacement at 110,000 miles. About 17-20 mpg average. Third row seats are pretty cramped but only used for seating when absolutely needed. 3 point seat belts for 3 in second row seats and for 2 in third row seats. Spacious interior that will give a pick up truck a run for the money as far as transporting boxes, furniture, etc during a move. Just fold the second and third seats flat and you have tons of space! Put the seats back up and the Pilot can compete with luxury cars for the comfort. I love the navigation system and XM ready stereo system. Rear back up camera is a cool feature, but I must admit, I don't really use it much (old habits die hard). I'm going to stick with my Pilot until it dies...."

My first dealer-bought car

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Storage, power, amenities, comfort, easy to drive"

Cons: "Very small space between front seats and console"

"I was set on buying a Kia once I finished school and got a "real" job. I test drove a Sorento and several other makes of used mid-size SUV's. I was not excited about the Pilot at first based on a photo which showed the gear shifter blocking the radio and climate controls. But once I drove it (and the gear shifter miraculously moved out of the way), I was getting warmed up to the idea. Compared to the other 7 or so cars I drove over two days, I started to love the this car. I settled on the Pilot after NEARLY signing on the Sportage. The mileage was a bit higher than I had hoped at over 103K at 6 years old at the time, but it IS a Honda, after all. The Pilot has guts, great brakes, a quiet and smooth car-like ride, leather everything, power everything, 3 12 volt outlets, shoulder seatbelts for all 8 passengers, dual zone climate controls, storage galore, hooks, adjustable middle row seat, split rear seating, both rows fold down (although the middle row does not go flat as I had hoped), cup holders for pretty much every passenger, side air bags for the front, sliding and tilting sunroof, 7 in-dash CD slots, tape player (which is great for an AUX-to-tape converter so I can stream music from my phone), steering wheel controls for cruise control and audio, great visibility at all angles (only one very small blind spot, which is solved by a small convex mirror on the driver's side), heated seats, roof racks, heated electric side mirrors, tire pressure monitors, interior safety lighting, and did I mention STORAGE!?! Under the hood is roomy and easy to work in, unlike some other foreign makes. The spare tire is hidden under the rear of the body, so there are no ugly plastic tire covers blocking the rear view. Speaking of the rear view, since it was manufactured before rear cameras became fairly standard, I installed an after-marked camera which activates when the reverse light is on and transmits a wireless signal to a clip-on rear-view mirror with a small window that shows what's behind me. I call it "The Cap'n" and I love him! I've had it for 3 years exactly today and I hope to have him for at least 10 more!"

Reliable, dependable and one of the best vehicles

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

"One of the best vehicles I have ever owned."

love my honda.

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "all around great vehicle."

"I am disabled, and most vehicles I can get in and out of with some discomfort, and effort. I can do so in my pilot, with ease. I can drive without being uncomfortable, even long distances. There are minimal blind spots, and spacial orientation is comfortable...not many vehicles I can say this of. My grandsons and daughters all fit, 8 seats! I love it. Overall, it is most efficient, and gets good mileage."

Great investment

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

"This is the best running vehicle I have ever owned. I would love to purchase a newer model Its a truck Mommy mobile Pic Nic loader and so much more"

good vehicle for the price

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "great value alot of space very reliable"

Cons: "HORRIBLE gas mileage"

"we have owned this car for a little over 4 years now. plan to trade it in for the new 2015 colorado. this has been a great vehicle. has plenty of room inside for the whole family and pets. can tow a decent amount of weight also. the worse part about this car is it gets horrible gas mileage. its rated at a combined 18. i only get about 15"

Great car

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Great engine. Durable, good seats, cheap leather."

Cons: "LOUSY navigation system, rotors tend to warp."

"New 7-05. One warranty claim during warranty period, (right strut replaced). Never added a single quart of oil in 126,000 miles. Normal maintenance. 105,000 mile maintenance expensive, timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, valve adjustment. Dealer service is pretty good, only one complaint bad brake job. Never replaced a single light bulb. Navigation system made by Clairion. They should stick to stereos. Worst in the business, dead slow, gets lost all the time. Honda wanted $179 or so to update the data base. Paid it once only, and its worse than before the update. Roads in place 3 years before the update still weren't in the data base. Great vehicle, probably buy another."

Best Honda Pilot

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

"No complaints from this Honda Pilot. It has been one of the best cars we have ever owned. All Leather seats, tow hitch, tires are in very good condition. No mechanical issues. Only visual interior negative is the driver's seat has some leather tears on the side from normal wear and tear. Very clean. No warranties. Sold as is."

Great!

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, easy to drive, plenty of room"

Cons: "Front brakes and rotors, paint chips very easily"

"Purchased this vehicle 9 years ago. Never any major issues. Very reliable and easy to drive. By far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Wish it could last forever but at almost 160,000 miles it is getting tired. Only complaint is front brakes tend to wear easily and need frequent replacement. Love this vehicle. If you can find one for a good price with low miles jump on it."

Reliable yet are some flaws

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Crash-worthy, fun to drive, 4WD"

Cons: "Comfort, No third row speakers"

"I have owned this vehicle for 4 years now, and have put approx 30,000 miles on it. Back in June 2012, this car was put to the test when I was at a red light (at a dead stop), and someone in a Dodge Durango rear-ended us. The vehicle did not appear to take much damage, and 2 of the 3 of us came out injury free. My two passengers came out of the accident without a scratch, but being the driver, I came out with pretty bad whiplash, and a very "nice" seatbelt bruise. The one thing that concerned me was that I feel as if the airbags should have come out during the accident. I still drive this vehicle as a daily driver, and I still love it. I am considering trading in the vehicle now because the seats are not that comfortable (the third row is terrible-- no leg room), and that there are no rear speakers, but other than that, I would recommend this vehicle."

Great runner; highly dependable

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Dependable; strong runner; roomy"

Cons: "Gas mileage not the greatest."

"Really needed a passenger sedan, but something caused us to purchase this vehicle. Awesome vehicle in all respects, just don't really need a SUV. It has features that we rarely or never use."

Will buy a new one when I hit 200000 miles

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "great second car"

Cons: "4wd is not on above 15 mph"

"8 trips from Ca. to Ar. and back...local streets & freeways...never a problem...no mechanical/engine/steering/AC/excessive wearing of any component over the last 14 yrs!!!"

230,000 miles and still running strong!

By on Friday, May 09, 2014

Pros: "Best SUV ever"

Cons: "Hate the seats...they just hurt. Front or back!"

"I have owned the 2005 Honda Pilot since 2005. We bought it new and put every one of those miles on her. This SUV has been the most reliable, safe, economical SUV ever.We have 8 children and when we bought this Honda it was when afew had left home and gas was begining to climb in price(I had a suburban) So we did our research and came up with the Pilot to fit the children still at home and gas milage. Perfect fit. We have only had to do regular maintence on her and tires really. Love it and if I could afford a newer one Id get it tomorrow(dont care for the new body style though). We live in Wisconsin and we"ve lived out in the country here and I have never had any trouble in snow or mud. Even when my sons jeep got stuck in our drive. My Honda powered on. Gas is great and the rear seat is awesome, but really only for smaller folk. Only real downside is that the seats are major uncomfortable on long trips. They just dont fit well at all. Your butt is asleep in minutes. Weather your in the front or back. Cargo is good. Ive pilled tons in there and fold down the seats and its like a truck bed. Love this SUV and would buy another."

LOVE this car

By on Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pros: "would recommend it if they still sold this model"

Cons: "No cons"

"This is a very reliable, smooth, convenient car. With long trips with 2 kids, 2 large dogs and cargo - this car has been a gem. Reliable, just maintain and go. If they sold this exact same car and body style I would buy it again. Not sure I like the newer Pilots as well."