2006 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 921 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

The best purchase I've ever made in my life!!!

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Pick up, reliability, comfortable to ride & drive"

Cons: "No adults on 3rd row"

"I currently have 199,800 miles (and counting) on my 4WD 2005 Pilot. I purchased it in '08 with 29k miles on it. When I drove it home my neighbor said I'd NEVER have a problem with it. He was telling the truth!!!! The only way this SUV is leaving my possession is when I purchase its smaller counterpart (the CR-V) at which point I'll gift my Pilot to one of my (now grown) children. It's safe, durable, uber reliable and strong enough to uproot a tree (I did in the 1st month that I owned it). I have the EX-L and I love the front seat warmers, sunroof and leather seats. Matter of-fact, those will have to be a must in my CR-V. This car is so durable, I even love how the paint has held up. I really do believe this engine will last another 200K miles. I look forward to many more oil changes and life memories with grandchildren learning to drive this vehicle. Thanks Honda! Due to this purchase you've got a family of customers for life!"

2008 Honda Pilot EXL

By on Monday, February 4, 2008

"Having 6 SUV's since 1985, I can honestly say this is the best one to date. The pilot is very confortable, and I do not feel tired after a long drive. Mileage on the road is a little better then my past SUV's. I am glad I bought this one, even though I know that the Honda Pilot is having a design changie in 2009."

So glad I have the Honda Pilot!

By on Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Pros: "8 Seats, safety, reliability, turning radius"

Cons: "Small rear seats, small storage, gas mileage"

"This is my second Pilot. The first (a 2005) was flipped, landed on the front passenger side corner, rolled back to its feet, and was of course totaled in a t-bone accident. I was virtually unhurt, to everyone's amazement. So I bought the 2006 with side air-bags. I bought the Pilot based on my metrics of safety, 8 seats, reliability, and 4wd capabilities. I am most satisfied. My husband wants a vehicle with more storage space; I just want an exact replica of what I have just larger with better gas mileage : ) At just over 200,000, the maintenance has been incredible, the driving uneventful... just what I wanted! Great job, Honda!"

238,000 and still rolling.

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage, but typical for SUV."

"Bought it used with 60,000 miles and it just turned 238,000 miles. JUST NOW developing some mechanical issues. Great on road trips, plenty of room cross country with 3 kids and a 100lb lab. Drives so well I have never even needed to engage 4wd, even in extreme weather. Very versatile--was able to fit (just barely) a twin mattress and frame in the cargo area with seats folded down. Still looks great, interior has held up well except chrome on the door handles cracks and will draw blood. Very roomy, except the third seat, really only suitable for those under 5 ft. Best, most reliable car I have ever owned. Hope it passes 300,000!"

No problems at 10 years and 180k miles

By on Friday, June 17, 2016

Pros: "reliable, holds a ton of stuff, low maint"

Cons: "boring appearance"

"Love this SUV, sold on Honda reliability. My wife and I bought it new, took it on multiple 2-3k road trips and zero problems. This car is great in the snow, can fit an 8foot christmas tree with ease, and best of all it doesn't break allowing us to put our money in investments and home improvements like our kitchen remodel. We we're so impressed we bought an 2011 Acura MDX new and it's 80k mileage is just the start. Zero problems with transmission or the engine. I've had two Z28's and an Audi S4 in my early years and all of those vehicles were expensive to repair and unreliable."

love my honda.

By on Thursday, July 3, 2014

Pros: "all around great vehicle."

"I am disabled, and most vehicles I can get in and out of with some discomfort, and effort. I can do so in my pilot, with ease. I can drive without being uncomfortable, even long distances. There are minimal blind spots, and spacial orientation is comfortable...not many vehicles I can say this of. My grandsons and daughters all fit, 8 seats! I love it. Overall, it is most efficient, and gets good mileage."

Most Reliable Car Ever

By on Tuesday, August 9, 2016

"I bought this car brand new in 2003. There hasn't been a single problem with ANYTHING in this car except a bit of rust on the left side quarter-panel. In 2013, my battery for the car died, however, I quickly realized that I hadn't changed the battery and this battery was the same battery that was installed in the car when it was being assembled. A HONDA BRAND BATTERY LASTED ME 9 YEARS!!! I love this car, its roomy, powerful, and aggressive. I think it can make it to 250K. The only downside is that the steering of the car can be a little rough because the car is so big. All in All, best car I have ever owned."

Just what I wanted.

By on Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pros: "Big, safe, reliable, comfort"

Cons: "None really come to mind."

"I did my research for a bout 1 year prior to buying. I knew a larger SUV was what I wanted. I always came backto the pilot. I have a 2006 EX that I bought in 2012 with 48,000 miles. I absolutely Love this vehicle. I have 2 kids, and my 2 kids have friends! spacious, safe, reliable and doesnt drive like an eight-seater. The gas mileage is not as bad as you might think. The 4WD is a MUST in New England. Great feature. I would highly recommend this SUV for a family."

Best car ever owned. No maintenance problems.

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Good family car and cargo capacity."

Cons: "Slight pause in transmission when acceleating"

"Drive over Sierras and around Tahoe in snow regularly. Great car, best ever owned. In over 5 yrs and 127K miles have had no maintenance problems. Very good gas mileage 21-23 mpg. Have carried 8 adults with 3 in 3rd row. Grand kids regularly like to sit in 3rd row. Great for family travel. great handling and acceleration. Compared to American cars I have owned (Buick LaSabre, Mercury, Plymouth)Honda Pilot has been far superior in quality and durability. Love it."

No Complaints, it just works!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, maintenance free, easy to own"

Cons: "styling"

"Never really loved the way this car looked, but it has been trouble free, amazingly reliable (knock on wood) and easy to maintain. We've had it on several long road trips up to 1,000 miles and my family has had no complaints. As my kids get bigger it would be nice to have more legroom in the back but it is fine for everyday use at the moment. The interior has all the features we wanted but we didn't have to pay a lot extra (i.e. the Toyota 4Runner Limited was $10k more). We've had it in some of the biggest snow storms in N. CA and it was better than I expected. We would certainly buy another one if there was a bigger model. Congrats to Honda they made a car worth the money - now make a bigger version."

best in class

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"This is the 2nd pilot I have owned, the first was in a accident after only having it 9 months, and was totaled when I was forced into a concrete wall going 70 miles an hour. I walked away with only two broken ribs from the seat belt. My present honda I leased for 3 years, and just purchased because of the quality of the SUV. Hope to drive it for many more years. Have not had any problems with the car at all. I also bought an accord since I have had so much luck with the pilot."

Safety of this vehicle cannot be matched!

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"I purchased my Honda Pilot in May 2003. It has been the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. The Pilot has only required routine maintenance, gets good gas mileage compared to other SUVs, and is comfortable. Last, but not least, 3 days ago, the Pilot proved its 5 star crash rating when I was involved in a major accident. The outside was totaled, but the inside looked like it did before the crash. My son and I walked away with just bumps and bruises."

Michelins, Mobil One, cargo bed liner, timing, 90K

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Pros: "large cargo area, outstanding highway car, 22 mpg"

Cons: "16 mpg in town, too large for our move to Seattle"

"We are the original owner. It has had Mobil One oil changes at 5K intervals. It has had balances and rotation on 5K intervals. The tires are super premium Michelins with about 5K on them. The timing belt has been changed and it has had the air bag recall service. It has had the 90K service. It is a great vehicle for gardeners due to the huge capacity in the cargo area for carrying multiple 3 cubic foot bags of bark mulch. The car has the Honda pilot cargo bed liner. It has been treated with care since it has left the factory and it has never been smoked in. The only reason that it is for sale is that we are moving to Seattle and it is simply too large for the minimal parking available in the Emerald City. We have the complete service history of this well cared for Pilot."

Great car!

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Great family vehicle and handy."

Cons: "Little too tall for this 4'10" retiree!"

"I don't need a car this big any more - its 8 passenger. Has gray leather interior with 3rd row seating. Very comfortable riding vehicle and very handy having the fold down seats."

Great low maintenance hauler

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Low Maintenance, great pick up and room"

Cons: "Can be a little noisey at 70mph+ speeds"

"We've had the 2007 Pilot for over 7 years and have driven it on long drives to Florida and DC from Michigan multiple times without issue. The Pilot handles the nasty snow storms with plenty of grip and clearance. The Pilot is surprisingly large inside - the SUV swallows a 7ft Christmas tree with the seats down without issue. The best thing I like about the Pilot is the low maintenance. The pilot has only needed regular oil changes and the recommended manufacturing maintenance. In comparison I have a 2000 Audi S4 and I've spent about $10k in maintenance over 13 years."

Best Car I have ever owned

By on Friday, July 5, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and affordable transportation"

Cons: "Noisy on highways, particularly after 70 MPH"

"Purchased this vehicle used with 6600 miles on it in early 2004. Have since put on over 260k miles. Its an awesome car and has never left me stranded. I have changed the oil on it every 3500 miles and done all of the preventative maintenance including major 30k service intervals and changing the timing belt every 90k miles. Everything on it still works with the exception of a low buzzing sound that comes from the sound system after it plays for 20 minutes that the Honda dealer could never fix. Outside of that, nothing leaks, it doesnt burn oil, the paint hasnt oxidized, the leather seats havent torn despite two young children, and the AC still blows cold."

Excellent, well-built vehicle

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Versatile, comfortable and easy to drive"

Cons: "A little thirsty on fuel"

"My 2004 pilot has over 215,000 miles on it, and still feels like it's brand new. Solid vehicle,..No squeaks, buzzes or rattles. A few mechanical and eletrical problems at about 100K, but after that not too much. One of the best cars I ever owned! I would highly recommend..."

It is best car I ever had and I am 76 years old

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, rides very well"

Cons: "local mileage is not the best"

"Just a great car"

Great road trip SUV

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"After 5 years, and 60k, I'll give it a thumbs up. No mechanical problems so far. This is the best camping/road trip vehicle I've owned - comfortable, lots of room, absolutely reliable, gas mileage is pretty good if you keep the speed down. And it cruises at 75+ easily even when fully loaded, with stuff on the roof rack. My complaints? I am finally putting better tires on, which should help with road noise, which is a bit more than I'd like. The spare is a doughnut rather than a full sized tire - I'll be taking care of that as well. This is not a truck based 4WD SUV. It does fine on snowy roads, but its clearance and traction are not for really rough dirt trails."

Great mid sized SUV

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"We bought an 06 LX AWD with cloth seats, most comfortable seats of any of the 25 or so vehicles I have owned/driven. Got up to 26mpg on trips. No so great on gas back and forth to work though. Fits up to 7 pretty confortably with more room for luggage in the back. Added tow hitch, running boards and roof rack, window and hood shields and it looks a lot better than without. Controls and interior is not bad, cleaned up easily too. Planning to buy another one soon. Not as good mpg as Highlander but much more room and more confortable seats."

Good Car!

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"My 2004 is 4 yrs old with 113K on it. It's been perfect. except for one time when the engine froze at 88K mi. ( well over warranty.) The problem was a rear camshaft bearing. I had changed oil every 5 k mi or so, ( the spec is for 7.5 ), and had the paper to prove it. I called Honda, faxed them the dealer invoice, and they paid for the 2K in parts needed for the repair. Now that's standing behind a product. The car is a virtually perfect design, but strong points are the handling and turning radius. The car looks smaller than it is. Whenever I think something won't fit - it does. It would be nice if the back seat folded flat, and the gearshift is a bit fussy, but those are quibbles. I'm waiting for the diesel hybrid version around 2010."

this has been a great car. very quiet reliable.

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pros: "reliable, quiet, well built"

Cons: "paint not holding up to fl sun"

"our only complaint are with the paint which has faded on the roof and rear hatch. kids love the dvd player and it has had many road trips.i wish I could buy another as the new body style isn't as nice as the 07. I would buy another one just not burgundy."

Honda Pilot Best Car Ever!

By on Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Pros: "price, great drive, functional and reliable"

Cons: "change location of front cup holders & rear vents"

"I have now had this car for over 10 years and love it, it was purchased in the introduction year it is dependable, functional and a true family car. I have not had any issues, I would get another one but the kids are all gone too big for one person. Great value for the money!"

I love love this vehicle.

By on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"It has a great ride, visibility is good and highway milage has been close to 25 mpg. It has been extremely dependable, probably the best vehicle I have ever owned."

one of the best

By on Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Cons: "slightly underpowered"

"great vehicle good fuel mi. 23mpg surprising offroad performance wouldnt want to do continuoslly but occasionally great not built specifically for this absolute great road ride lacks a little power on hilly roads perfect family vehicle roomy and comfortable seats for long trips have 2003 accura tl type s also pilot is vehicle of choice for comfort,no comparrison"