2006 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 920 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Doesn't drive like it has high miles

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pros: "RELIABLE. Easy to service avoiding costs."

Cons: "Handles bulky, both on corners and while braking"

"Bought this car with 205K miles on it, with no worries whatsoever. Every mechanic I spoke to had no qualms about purchasing a high mileage Honda pending a pre-purchase inspection, and thus far this vehicle has not disappointed. The previous owner made a point to do regular maintenance on the required intervals, and this vehicle acts as though it's just been broken in. Everything is original with no major maintenance, and even items like the seats and other high-touch items have handles wear well. Just completed the timing belt and spark pulgs at it's required 210k mile mark, and expect this vehicle to take me and my family onward for another 100K+. Couldn't be happier with this vehicle."

The best purchase I've ever made in my life!!!

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "Pick up, reliability, comfortable to ride & drive"

Cons: "No adults on 3rd row"

"I currently have 199,800 miles (and counting) on my 4WD 2005 Pilot. I purchased it in '08 with 29k miles on it. When I drove it home my neighbor said I'd NEVER have a problem with it. He was telling the truth!!!! The only way this SUV is leaving my possession is when I purchase its smaller counterpart (the CR-V) at which point I'll gift my Pilot to one of my (now grown) children. It's safe, durable, uber reliable and strong enough to uproot a tree (I did in the 1st month that I owned it). I have the EX-L and I love the front seat warmers, sunroof and leather seats. Matter of-fact, those will have to be a must in my CR-V. This car is so durable, I even love how the paint has held up. I really do believe this engine will last another 200K miles. I look forward to many more oil changes and life memories with grandchildren learning to drive this vehicle. Thanks Honda! Due to this purchase you've got a family of customers for life!"

2008 Honda Pilot EXL

By on Monday, February 4, 2008

"Having 6 SUV's since 1985, I can honestly say this is the best one to date. The pilot is very confortable, and I do not feel tired after a long drive. Mileage on the road is a little better then my past SUV's. I am glad I bought this one, even though I know that the Honda Pilot is having a design changie in 2009."

238,000 and still rolling.

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage, but typical for SUV."

"Bought it used with 60,000 miles and it just turned 238,000 miles. JUST NOW developing some mechanical issues. Great on road trips, plenty of room cross country with 3 kids and a 100lb lab. Drives so well I have never even needed to engage 4wd, even in extreme weather. Very versatile--was able to fit (just barely) a twin mattress and frame in the cargo area with seats folded down. Still looks great, interior has held up well except chrome on the door handles cracks and will draw blood. Very roomy, except the third seat, really only suitable for those under 5 ft. Best, most reliable car I have ever owned. Hope it passes 300,000!"

love my honda.

By on Thursday, July 3, 2014

Pros: "all around great vehicle."

"I am disabled, and most vehicles I can get in and out of with some discomfort, and effort. I can do so in my pilot, with ease. I can drive without being uncomfortable, even long distances. There are minimal blind spots, and spacial orientation is comfortable...not many vehicles I can say this of. My grandsons and daughters all fit, 8 seats! I love it. Overall, it is most efficient, and gets good mileage."

Just what I wanted.

By on Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pros: "Big, safe, reliable, comfort"

Cons: "None really come to mind."

"I did my research for a bout 1 year prior to buying. I knew a larger SUV was what I wanted. I always came backto the pilot. I have a 2006 EX that I bought in 2012 with 48,000 miles. I absolutely Love this vehicle. I have 2 kids, and my 2 kids have friends! spacious, safe, reliable and doesnt drive like an eight-seater. The gas mileage is not as bad as you might think. The 4WD is a MUST in New England. Great feature. I would highly recommend this SUV for a family."

Best car ever owned. No maintenance problems.

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Good family car and cargo capacity."

Cons: "Slight pause in transmission when acceleating"

"Drive over Sierras and around Tahoe in snow regularly. Great car, best ever owned. In over 5 yrs and 127K miles have had no maintenance problems. Very good gas mileage 21-23 mpg. Have carried 8 adults with 3 in 3rd row. Grand kids regularly like to sit in 3rd row. Great for family travel. great handling and acceleration. Compared to American cars I have owned (Buick LaSabre, Mercury, Plymouth)Honda Pilot has been far superior in quality and durability. Love it."

No Complaints, it just works!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, maintenance free, easy to own"

Cons: "styling"

"Never really loved the way this car looked, but it has been trouble free, amazingly reliable (knock on wood) and easy to maintain. We've had it on several long road trips up to 1,000 miles and my family has had no complaints. As my kids get bigger it would be nice to have more legroom in the back but it is fine for everyday use at the moment. The interior has all the features we wanted but we didn't have to pay a lot extra (i.e. the Toyota 4Runner Limited was $10k more). We've had it in some of the biggest snow storms in N. CA and it was better than I expected. We would certainly buy another one if there was a bigger model. Congrats to Honda they made a car worth the money - now make a bigger version."

best in class

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"This is the 2nd pilot I have owned, the first was in a accident after only having it 9 months, and was totaled when I was forced into a concrete wall going 70 miles an hour. I walked away with only two broken ribs from the seat belt. My present honda I leased for 3 years, and just purchased because of the quality of the SUV. Hope to drive it for many more years. Have not had any problems with the car at all. I also bought an accord since I have had so much luck with the pilot."

Safety of this vehicle cannot be matched!

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"I purchased my Honda Pilot in May 2003. It has been the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. The Pilot has only required routine maintenance, gets good gas mileage compared to other SUVs, and is comfortable. Last, but not least, 3 days ago, the Pilot proved its 5 star crash rating when I was involved in a major accident. The outside was totaled, but the inside looked like it did before the crash. My son and I walked away with just bumps and bruises."