2006 Honda Pilot

Based on 880 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Solid Vehicle

By on Monday, August 25, 2008

"We have a 2003 Pilot and I enjoy every minute driving it. It's the best and most solid vehichle we have owned over the past 35 years. We've put on about 83,000 miles and the original tires are still good. It runs like a top; we've really done nothing more than kept up with the maintenace plan - I highly recommend using Honda dealer service. My friends know I can't say enough about this vehicle."

Favorite Vehicle We've Ever Owned!

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"We have always owned Toyota 4Runners, but decided to purchase the Pilot after driving it & checking out a friend's. We are very impressed with the reliability--we have never had one single thing break & we're at 70K miles now. The exterior still looks great & modern, even though a couple newer bodystyles have come out since '04. We get around 15--16 mpg around town & 19-22 mpg on trips. Here are the only negatives I have: The 3rd row seat is, in my opinion, for kids only. It's uncomfortable for adults (and I'm small). But granted, it's not a minivan. The perforated leather seats are not easy to keep clean with the kids. If you drop anything on the inside of the front seats, it is trapped forever down beside the console. You cannot reach down there & that's annoying. The headrests are uncomfortable. Those are small things to us compared to what we love about our Pilot. It's roomy, the DVD system is great. The seats fold flat for hauling larger items & it is a very smooth ride."

Side Curtain Airbags a Winner

By on Monday, December 03, 2007

"Although the Honda Pilot wasn't as "sexy" as some of its competitiors, I purchased it for it's ruggedness and simplicity. With teenage drivers, I thought the lack of electronics and bells/whistles would actually be advantageous as the vehicle aged and was handed down to my sons. My philiosophy is if "it's not there, it can't break" and be a future liability. This past weekend I was T-Boned at an intersection by a Dodge Ram pickup that ran a red light. The side and curtain airbags deployed and I walked away without injury. My poor Pilot took a beating but due to its inherent safety features came out suprisingly well. I was very thankful for the engineering and anti-rollerover design. Thank goodness for the 5-Star side impact safety rating!"

Great car!

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Great family vehicle and handy."

Cons: "Little too tall for this 4'10" retiree!"

"I don't need a car this big any more - its 8 passenger. Has gray leather interior with 3rd row seating. Very comfortable riding vehicle and very handy having the fold down seats."

love my honda.

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "all around great vehicle."

"I am disabled, and most vehicles I can get in and out of with some discomfort, and effort. I can do so in my pilot, with ease. I can drive without being uncomfortable, even long distances. There are minimal blind spots, and spacial orientation is comfortable...not many vehicles I can say this of. My grandsons and daughters all fit, 8 seats! I love it. Overall, it is most efficient, and gets good mileage."

Great performance and realatively efficient

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "dependable ride"

Cons: "cargo area does not convert 2 flat surface/ pricey"

"no major failures over 135K miles. have replaced tires, belts and water pump. My only concern is that when rear seats are down, the surface is not totally flat."

Great low maintenance hauler

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Low Maintenance, great pick up and room"

Cons: "Can be a little noisey at 70mph+ speeds"

"We've had the 2007 Pilot for over 7 years and have driven it on long drives to Florida and DC from Michigan multiple times without issue. The Pilot handles the nasty snow storms with plenty of grip and clearance. The Pilot is surprisingly large inside - the SUV swallows a 7ft Christmas tree with the seats down without issue. The best thing I like about the Pilot is the low maintenance. The pilot has only needed regular oil changes and the recommended manufacturing maintenance. In comparison I have a 2000 Audi S4 and I've spent about $10k in maintenance over 13 years."

Best Car I have ever owned

By on Friday, July 05, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and affordable transportation"

Cons: "Noisy on highways, particularly after 70 MPH"

"Purchased this vehicle used with 6600 miles on it in early 2004. Have since put on over 260k miles. Its an awesome car and has never left me stranded. I have changed the oil on it every 3500 miles and done all of the preventative maintenance including major 30k service intervals and changing the timing belt every 90k miles. Everything on it still works with the exception of a low buzzing sound that comes from the sound system after it plays for 20 minutes that the Honda dealer could never fix. Outside of that, nothing leaks, it doesnt burn oil, the paint hasnt oxidized, the leather seats havent torn despite two young children, and the AC still blows cold."

Just what I wanted.

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Big, safe, reliable, comfort"

Cons: "None really come to mind."

"I did my research for a bout 1 year prior to buying. I knew a larger SUV was what I wanted. I always came backto the pilot. I have a 2006 EX that I bought in 2012 with 48,000 miles. I absolutely Love this vehicle. I have 2 kids, and my 2 kids have friends! spacious, safe, reliable and doesnt drive like an eight-seater. The gas mileage is not as bad as you might think. The 4WD is a MUST in New England. Great feature. I would highly recommend this SUV for a family."

Excellent, well-built vehicle

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Versatile, comfortable and easy to drive"

Cons: "A little thirsty on fuel"

"My 2004 pilot has over 215,000 miles on it, and still feels like it's brand new. Solid vehicle,..No squeaks, buzzes or rattles. A few mechanical and eletrical problems at about 100K, but after that not too much. One of the best cars I ever owned! I would highly recommend..."

Best car ever owned. No maintenance problems.

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Good family car and cargo capacity."

Cons: "Slight pause in transmission when acceleating"

"Drive over Sierras and around Tahoe in snow regularly. Great car, best ever owned. In over 5 yrs and 127K miles have had no maintenance problems. Very good gas mileage 21-23 mpg. Have carried 8 adults with 3 in 3rd row. Grand kids regularly like to sit in 3rd row. Great for family travel. great handling and acceleration. Compared to American cars I have owned (Buick LaSabre, Mercury, Plymouth)Honda Pilot has been far superior in quality and durability. Love it."

It is best car I ever had and I am 76 years old

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, rides very well"

Cons: "local mileage is not the best"

"Just a great car"

No Complaints, it just works!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, maintenance free, easy to own"

Cons: "styling"

"Never really loved the way this car looked, but it has been trouble free, amazingly reliable (knock on wood) and easy to maintain. We've had it on several long road trips up to 1,000 miles and my family has had no complaints. As my kids get bigger it would be nice to have more legroom in the back but it is fine for everyday use at the moment. The interior has all the features we wanted but we didn't have to pay a lot extra (i.e. the Toyota 4Runner Limited was $10k more). We've had it in some of the biggest snow storms in N. CA and it was better than I expected. We would certainly buy another one if there was a bigger model. Congrats to Honda they made a car worth the money - now make a bigger version."

Great road trip SUV

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"After 5 years, and 60k, I'll give it a thumbs up. No mechanical problems so far. This is the best camping/road trip vehicle I've owned - comfortable, lots of room, absolutely reliable, gas mileage is pretty good if you keep the speed down. And it cruises at 75+ easily even when fully loaded, with stuff on the roof rack. My complaints? I am finally putting better tires on, which should help with road noise, which is a bit more than I'd like. The spare is a doughnut rather than a full sized tire - I'll be taking care of that as well. This is not a truck based 4WD SUV. It does fine on snowy roads, but its clearance and traction are not for really rough dirt trails."

Great mid sized SUV

By on Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"We bought an 06 LX AWD with cloth seats, most comfortable seats of any of the 25 or so vehicles I have owned/driven. Got up to 26mpg on trips. No so great on gas back and forth to work though. Fits up to 7 pretty confortably with more room for luggage in the back. Added tow hitch, running boards and roof rack, window and hood shields and it looks a lot better than without. Controls and interior is not bad, cleaned up easily too. Planning to buy another one soon. Not as good mpg as Highlander but much more room and more confortable seats."

best in class

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"This is the 2nd pilot I have owned, the first was in a accident after only having it 9 months, and was totaled when I was forced into a concrete wall going 70 miles an hour. I walked away with only two broken ribs from the seat belt. My present honda I leased for 3 years, and just purchased because of the quality of the SUV. Hope to drive it for many more years. Have not had any problems with the car at all. I also bought an accord since I have had so much luck with the pilot."

Good Car!

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"My 2004 is 4 yrs old with 113K on it. It's been perfect. except for one time when the engine froze at 88K mi. ( well over warranty.) The problem was a rear camshaft bearing. I had changed oil every 5 k mi or so, ( the spec is for 7.5 ), and had the paper to prove it. I called Honda, faxed them the dealer invoice, and they paid for the 2K in parts needed for the repair. Now that's standing behind a product. The car is a virtually perfect design, but strong points are the handling and turning radius. The car looks smaller than it is. Whenever I think something won't fit - it does. It would be nice if the back seat folded flat, and the gearshift is a bit fussy, but those are quibbles. I'm waiting for the diesel hybrid version around 2010."

Safety of this vehicle cannot be matched!

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"I purchased my Honda Pilot in May 2003. It has been the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. The Pilot has only required routine maintenance, gets good gas mileage compared to other SUVs, and is comfortable. Last, but not least, 3 days ago, the Pilot proved its 5 star crash rating when I was involved in a major accident. The outside was totaled, but the inside looked like it did before the crash. My son and I walked away with just bumps and bruises."

Honda Pilot Best Car Ever!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "price, great drive, functional and reliable"

Cons: "change location of front cup holders & rear vents"

"I have now had this car for over 10 years and love it, it was purchased in the introduction year it is dependable, functional and a true family car. I have not had any issues, I would get another one but the kids are all gone too big for one person. Great value for the money!"

I love love this vehicle.

By on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"It has a great ride, visibility is good and highway milage has been close to 25 mpg. It has been extremely dependable, probably the best vehicle I have ever owned."

one of the best

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Cons: "slightly underpowered"

"great vehicle good fuel mi. 23mpg surprising offroad performance wouldnt want to do continuoslly but occasionally great not built specifically for this absolute great road ride lacks a little power on hilly roads perfect family vehicle roomy and comfortable seats for long trips have 2003 accura tl type s also pilot is vehicle of choice for comfort,no comparrison"

Afraid of Owning anything other then a Honda

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Handles well for a SUV"

Cons: "Mileage?"

"My first new car was the 2004 Honda Pilot which runs like a champ. Other then a water pump and a window motor she had been well worth the value. Handles well for a larger car, gots plenty of torque and stops on a dime. Wish the rear window opened but love the interior space. Feels more like a sedan then an SUV and has plenty of under carriage space for things like pot holes."

Nice ride but needs some more features and options

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Reason: I wanted a car with more features

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Bare on features, cheap leather, man. Passenger st"

"I bought it new in 2003 in silver with gray leather and a rear entertainment system and sold it in December, 2012. The leather was ALL wrinkled and cracked by 52,000 miles. This car was very bare on features. While competitors had heated seats, power everything and moonroofs! This car was very affordable and priced $2000 less than competitors. I wish I did get a competitor but this vehicle wasn't that bad. The only reason why I kept it was because I don't drive many miles. I wish the car had a power passenger seat, heated front seats and a sun/moonroof. What I like best, is that I got over 1/3 of its msrp back when I traded it in ($10,000)! It keeps it value too! Anyone who doesn't really need bells and whistles it is a great car for you! Same for first drivers! The rear seats were comfortable and 3rd row was sooooo easy to access. I never used the 3rd row so it looked brand new despite a small almost invisible scratch. The front seats get uncomfortable after an hour so you need to adjust the seat and lumbar. The cars bare on options too. The options available were 17" rims, window visors, navigation or res. As I said earlier I traded I this car for a certified, 1 owner, loaded Mercedes GL550!"

Dependable, comfortable transportation.

By on Saturday, February 02, 2013

Pros: "I feel secure in this car. Feels sure-footed."

Cons: "gas mileage could be better"

"I purchased new and have had 5 years of satisfied use of this car. It seems stable on curves and hills. Radio controls on steering wheel are convenient and do not require removing my eyes from the road."

Very reliable, even with high mileage

By on Friday, September 28, 2012

Pros: "Room, reliability"

Cons: "Gas mileage about 19 combined."

"No air conditioning or expensive repairs at all. Tires have been largest expense."