• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2005 Honda Pilot

Based on 849 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Previous | 1 ... 31 32 33 34 | Next

we love it

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"We have had our Pilot for 4 1/2 years and have been thrilled with it. The only problem we've had is that the interior door handles are peeling. Pretty minor problem. We ABUSE this car...100,000 in 4 years with 3 kids and a dog...and it holds up great. It holds us and all of our stuff with room left over. The gas mileage is decent too for a car that has this much luggage space. We would buy another one in a heartbeat...we're hoping to get another 100,000 out of this one first!"

Great Vehicle

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"We love our 2004 Honda Pilot. Great power, handling, and comfort. Easy to drive and get around and carries our kids plus their friends for a total of 8. Only drawback is the road noise is excessive over other vehicles. Typical of Hondas that I have owned before. Tell our friends how much we love it all the time."

Pilot review from Chicago

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"I have 116,000 miles on mine and the vehicle rides and handles as well as the day I picked it up. The only problem I had was at about 60,000 miles an ingition coil sensor malfunctioned allowing the vehicle to only run on 4 cylinders. Dealer replaced sensor and the vehicle has been fine ever since. Fit on body is very good. I replaced a Dodge Durango with the Pilot and the quality of the Pilot is head and shoulders better than the Durango."

great value

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"Excellent value for the cost. Runs smoothly & quietly without any problems."

Typical Honda

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"I laugh when people complain about a Pilot's fuel mileage. Ours has averaged 21 mpg since new, and has gotten 27 mpg. Worst tank was 18.6 during a snow storm. We didn't buy it for fuel economy, we bought it for utility, reliability, and value. It has delivered in typical Honda fashion everything expected of it and more."

SUPERIOR

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"This is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to buy an SUV. Besides being of the highest quality and reliability, this vehicle is a pleasure to drive. I owned many domestic brand SUV's and frankly was tired of the poor quality, fit and finish issues, and the above normal repairs needed just to keep them moving down the road."

Love this SUV!

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I love this SUV. My husband and I purchased this vehicle for our family of four a little over a year ago. We purchased it used, it's a 2004 model. It is very roomy and is an excellent ride. It drives well and has plenty of power to pass those slow drivers! It is a little noisy but I've been told that changing the tires would help with the road noise. The third row seat is great to have and put down gives you a huge cargo area to carry just about anything. I would purchase another one again! The only cons that I can think of would be the road noise and gas mileage, of course for this size vehicle I think even the gas mileage is good. Hopefully this vehicle will last years and years to come...I recommend that you BUY ONE and see for yourself. THIS IS AN AWESOME VEHICLE!"

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Transmission problems!

By on Tuesday, July 31, 2007

"I have been pleased with the Honda '04 Pilot I purchased new, until this week when I was told that the transmission should be replaced. Only after 3 years with higher mileage at 73,000. I have never hauled anything with the Pilot, never experienced any rough off-road driving, never expereinced any issues that would lead one to think, Oh, wow, that might have hurt the car! The transmission fluid was supposedly checked in mid-July and it was "good". The ride was good, a bit noisy, there is plenty of room and a smooth drive. I am befuddled, disappointed and disillusioned! My first Honda and now my last!"

Safety of this vehicle cannot be matched!

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"I purchased my Honda Pilot in May 2003. It has been the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. The Pilot has only required routine maintenance, gets good gas mileage compared to other SUVs, and is comfortable. Last, but not least, 3 days ago, the Pilot proved its 5 star crash rating when I was involved in a major accident. The outside was totaled, but the inside looked like it did before the crash. My son and I walked away with just bumps and bruises."

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

Really good SUV but not Perfect

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"There are lots of great features to this SUV and those are easy to identify up front. But I have had my Pilot LX for 2 years now and can point out some things I think should be checked when considering your purchase. I have owned many Hondas. I really respect the reliability built into just about every one of them. But I have been burned by a broken timing belt in an Accord before (valve damage). If Honda is going to build an interference engine (valves and pistons overlap space) they should use a timing chain. It is the one thing that makes me question buying my Hondas every time. To avoid damage replace the crummy belts at 60000 miles 300-500 bucks. No matter they say 100000 miles. Next the tailgate should at least have an option to lower the window. It would be nice when hauling something very long or if I didn't want to open that monster tailgate. Lots of visible locations where primer is visible and not coated the body color. Rear air should be overhead. Console has places that things vanish. The 12v socket covers break easy. Gas tank will hold 25 gallons but stops at about 19.5. Takes forever to top. Not a quiet vehicle although different tires helped a little. On the 05 LX it is not possible to turn on defroster without the AC on. I live in a dry climate and sometimes the windshield just needs some heat. It does not turn AC off if switched to a different mode. So the AC ends up running more than is needed. Drivers side window auto up/down is easy to clear program and has to be reset often. Although easy most people just give up. Glove box is kind of small although there is plenty of storage elsewhere. Seats begin to hurt under thigh after a couple of hours. Otherwise not bad seats. Front tires wear very quickly. Windshield wiper control uses the twist to turn on rear wiper and stalk up and down for the front wiper. I find myself always turning on the rear wiper by habit from my other Hondas. When rear heat is on, console can become unbearably hot. And lastly the front brake rotors seem to warp easily."

bestvalue

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

"Exellent"

NOISY INSIDE

By on Saturday, July 21, 2007

"Very noisy at highway speed, where is the quality?"

Great Vehicle

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"Great features, very dependable, smooth ride for a SUV, excellent use of technology, we love it."

Do it again

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I would most definitely buy another one. This is my first Honda and I love it!"

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"Excellent vehicle....I just wish they could get the miles per gallon higher."

By on Monday, July 16, 2007

Great car!

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"We bought this car used almost 2 years ago and have had no maintenance issues. It drives like a sedan and handles smoothly. My explorer drove and handled like a truck so this was wonderful. My only complaint is once the motor is off the battery is as well. My explorer would continue to charge my cell phone if the engine was shut off so I have had to get used to this. It is roomy and fun to drive. You will not be disappointed in this SUV! I will stick with Honda from now on."

Great reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"This car has some of the best gas mileage of any SUV, and drives extremely nicely. The ride is smooth and the car has good acceleration. It is slightly larger than other midsize SUVs like the Ford Explorer (taller and a little wider) but still has great turning radius. Have had this car 3 years and have not had any problems, mechanical or otherwise."

Good family car

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Best car I have ever owned. Perfect for travel for a family of four."

By on Friday, July 13, 2007

"Love this SUV. I have recommended it to friends who were looking to buy a sports utility vehicle. So comfortable/roomy. Great for road trips, camping, and just normal everyday driving. I feel very safe in this vehicle--Important when you have little children!"

Stands up to a Tornado

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2007

"My wife and I had our eye on a pilot in 02. We bought an 03 EXL in Nov 02. In May 03 it went through a Tornado. A big big tree landed on the engine compartment and then the roof. The car held up superbly-only damage was from looters who broke the windows. The house it was parked in front of was flat. We bought a new one that same month 03 EXL. PROS: leather, MPG, power, lots of space, safety, price, handling, style, comfort, even more room with all seats folded flat. CONS: wind noise at high speed (don't notice anymore), 3rd row seat is for children/small adults (But we don't use it yet). front armrest latch is cheap plastic and no longer stays latched shut. The first one had a full size spare. The second did not...not sure why. We should have grabbed the spare tire before insurance company took it away. We only put about 9K miles/year, expect to have it for another 10 years, easily (barring another Tornado/Earthquake/Hurricane) We love, love, love our pilot. My wife didn't want a minivan but we needed a kid mobile. The pilot fit the bill. I would like to have gotten the DVD player but we make do with portable ones."

Previous | 1 ... 31 32 33 34 | Next