2005 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 899 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

still happy

By on Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"We have had our pilot for 5 years now and we are still very happy with it. Just as mentioned in other reviews maintaining this mid size SUV is so easy and inexpensive. We owned mini vans for 10 years prior and the family decided it was time to move out of the MV and get into something different, (more sporty) but I just couldn't give up the 7 passenger seating that mini vans had to offer and I didn't want to get into a gas hog. When we came across the Honda Pilot it was love at first site. With the back seats that flip up (WHEN NEEDED), the low maintenance and great gas millage well we were sold. We just got back from an LA to Vegas trip with 5 adults and 2 children in car seats and it was awesome. We do have over 100k miles on it and it runs like a champ. The only reason that i can think of getting rid of this vehicle will be to upgrade to a newer version, and that won't be happening for quit some time. Thank You Honda :)"

Honda forever

By on Monday, March 29, 2010

"Never saw myself in a SUV until the Pilot was introduced. We waited one year. Test drove the CRV and Element, but the quality and substance of the Pilot sold us. We had zero problems. Replaced tires @ 60k, brakes @ 90k. Saving up for the timing belt replacement @ 105k. 20-22 MPG, handles and runs well. Miss the multi disk cd and split temperature controls found in later models. Heated seats are excellent. Added a hitch only to carry bikes and move the dock. Wonderful car!"

Dependable vehicle

By on Monday, November 23, 2009

"It is the first SUV we ever owned and it has met all our needs. Plenty of space(except 3rd row). Feels powerful and you ride high in this vehicle. Only disappointment is fuel mileage. Does not get anywhere near 17/21. More like 15//19. Overall, it is safe, dependable and will be driven for many more years."

LOVE THIS VEHICLE!

By on Monday, June 08, 2009

"In my personal opinion Honda got it right with this vehicle. Even though the 3rd row of seating really only works for younger children, you can't beat an 8 passenger vehicle of this size and quality, for the price. This is my fifth Honda owned (1-Civic , 3-Accords and I still own a 1999 Accord EX-V6 with 157,000 miles) and the Pilot proves that Honda continues to get it done right. My ONLY complaint against the Pilot (and every other Honda I've owned) are the brakes, which have consistently been their downfall in Consumer's Report. It also doesn't matter how I drive it (I generally average 60-70 MPH) my gas mileage is roughly 17-19 MPG city, and I got 23 MPG going to Florida (averaged 78 MPH per my GPS), which is pretty good for an AWD/4WD vehicle of this size. The engine generates great HP to get this 4000 pound vehicle moving relatively quickly, and the transmission shifts smoothly at any rate of acceleration. I would highly recommend the Pilot to anyone who needs a vehicle with a sizeable cargo/passenger capacity, but doesn't want one of those mammoth SUV's."

After all-it's a Honda!

By on Sunday, November 23, 2008

"My wife and I love this crossover SUV so much, we put 30,000 miles on it the first year. Couldn't get us out of it! Now it has 90,000 and hasn't missed a beat (but I maintain it meticulously at local Honda). Honda garage-guy says the Pilot is the most reliable Honda made and should be good for 150,000 miles or more. We have always felt safe in this vehicle because, for its class, it is heavy, but it handles like a feather. Solid ride. Very adequately powered. Spacious shoulder room front and back--except for the small third row seat which, like most in class, they shouldn't have bothered with. Was more expensive than Toyota Highlander, but it's a bigger, heavier, vehicle. Criticisms: It rides high and has a high CG, so have to go easy on the curves. My version has a steering-column-mounted shift lever which iinterferes with my right knee in the lower gears (I'm tall and could use more leg room). Has a little more wind noise than I would have expected from Honda. And no compass--unforgivable! But the positives far outweigh the negs, and I'm always proud to approach this good looking, silver vehicle in a parking lot, knowing that it's mine free and clear. It was a great choice for my family. Absolutely no regrets!"

BFF

By on Thursday, October 23, 2008

"An outstanding vehicle, zero mechanical problems, all I've done is change the oil every 3K. Even the paint job is holding up nicely and I haven't waxed it in 2 years! Highly recommended! If the economy wasn't so bad, I'd get a 2009, but I expect my 2004 to hold up well for another 5 years."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2008

"This is my wife's daily driver. The safety features, visibility and turn radius are what she likes best about her pilot. It accomodates 5 adults very comfortably. we've had 7 in it for short runs. It is very comfortable on long trips and with the third row seats down the cargo space is large and has tie downs. Perfomance is also very good, steering is tight and acceleration is smooth and quick. I have been pleasantly surprised."

Awesome

By on Wednesday, April 16, 2008

"My Aunt bought this pilot new in 2003, and gave it to me with 98,000 miles on it. It currently has 104,000 miles on it and still runs like a new car! it has had it's normal things to replace and fix, like flushing the transmission, the VTM-4 light would keep coming on, but that was found to be a clogged filter. the visibility is GREAT, I can parallel park it without ANY problems, something I had a hard time on with my honda civic. I've taken it on a 6 hour drive without stopping and got 25 MPG. I LOVE this vehicle, the suspension is great and it's so roomy, WAY more head and leg room than the highlander. And the sound system is awesome too! I can't say enough about it!"

No Worries

By on Friday, March 07, 2008

"Bought brand new. Only had 2 minor problems: loose rear spoiler(covered under warranty) & FM stereo button stopped lighting up(covered under warranty). No mechanical issues. Car is not garaged & started every morning in frigid MN winters. 4WD works great in snow. Driven over 93K miles with no worries. Gas mileage is good: 21mpg in summers, 17 in winters."

Great Value

By on Monday, January 21, 2008

"We've had this 05 pilot for a year now and love it. We have put 25000 miles on it this year, due to alot of traveling with our jobs. Have had no issues with it. Gas milage is good for the suv class. On the hills of San Francisco in town we only got about 17 per gal. but while traveling on the interstate we average around 22 to 23 per gal. The interior is nice and roomy and the controls are nicely laid out, except the shifter is a litter different, the first couple of times driving you will turn the wind shield wipers on by mistake, but you will get used to it. the back seats lay flush into the floor, making way for plenty of cargo room. The steering and controls are nice for an suv. the brake system is great and unlike most suv s there is no nose dive of the front end when you apply the brakes suddenly. It also has a tire monitoring system which has informed us a couple of times of low tires and which one is low. The heated seats are a must for the cold Ky winters. No one will be dissappointed with this honda product."

Great Family Vehicle

By on Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"Bought new in 12-06'. Whole family loves it. No problems at all so far. Vehicle holds value very well. Is very comfortable, plenty of room for passengers, plenty of cargo room or for extra passengers with 3rd row seat. A little higher in price than I would have prefered, but you get what you pay for. A great vehicle so far, no complaints at all."

we love it

By on Sunday, August 05, 2007

"We have had our Pilot for 4 1/2 years and have been thrilled with it. The only problem we've had is that the interior door handles are peeling. Pretty minor problem. We ABUSE this car...100,000 in 4 years with 3 kids and a dog...and it holds up great. It holds us and all of our stuff with room left over. The gas mileage is decent too for a car that has this much luggage space. We would buy another one in a heartbeat...we're hoping to get another 100,000 out of this one first!"

Honda Pilot Best Car Ever!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "price, great drive, functional and reliable"

Cons: "change location of front cup holders & rear vents"

"I have now had this car for over 10 years and love it, it was purchased in the introduction year it is dependable, functional and a true family car. I have not had any issues, I would get another one but the kids are all gone too big for one person. Great value for the money!"

AWESOME CAR! LOVE IT!

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Fair price, lots of cargo space, fits 8, great AWD"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"It's big, fits 8, tons of cargo space, very quiet and fun! It's absolutely an awesome machine. It's also extremely reliable, as the ONLY thing that I had to change since I got it new was a wheel bearing (of course other than the usual oil changes, and brake replacement). And even in Canada's extreme weather, it NEVER got stuck with the awesome lockable awd systtem, and it keeps you warm and feeling safe with the airbags and heated seats and mirrors. And no matter how heavy the vehicle is, the 3.5 litre VTEC never fails! pulls very hard especially when the VTEC kicks in, it feels as if you got hit from the back! I also tow my boat with it, and absolutely feel like nothing is on the back! One very small complaint is gas mileage that could be a bit improved. Other than that, I absolutely love it and 200% recommend it."

Dependable, Comfortable, and Perfect!

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive and Perfect with Kids"

Cons: "A/C had a few problems."

"I have had this car for almost 10 years and it has met my needs perfectly. It has been dependable and durable. I love it!"

2007 Honda Pilot EX-L - worth it

By on Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pros: "Great driving vehicle for road trips or town"

"I bought my first Honda as a 5yo used vehicle. The seats are leather, there is a 6-CD changer, sunroof, heated side view mirrors, third row back seat is a bit smaller than the second row but manageable. Front bucket seats heat up, which is a huge bonus in our Montana winters. Great storage capacity in back. It hasn't given me a lick of trouble at 54,000 miles. Re-sale value holding strong. I'd highly recommend this vehicle."

Reliable, Great SUV-(for first true Honda Pilot)

By on Monday, December 30, 2013

Pros: "Never had transmission issue(s)"

Cons: "A/C vents & interior gadgets did wear."

"We purchased this 2003 Honda Pilot in winter of 2004 (Dec). It had 40K miles on it. It seemed like a lot of money back then. However it was been worth almost every penny. Good Engine, never had major problems with it or transmission. Still half-way stylish for age. Very reliable. Had towing hitch added, and have pulled trailer with furniture, rock, etc. (up to 5000 lb) with little trouble. Does increase gas use- however v-6 has been strong and "reliable" as earlier mentioned. Still driving/using it everyday. Now with 185,000 mi. Will probably keep it as long as it will get us where we need to go"

Great suv

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

Pros: "drives great,"

"I bought my Honda used, I have had it for 3 1/2 years, 103000 miles. Drives and handles excellent, Made several road trips, plenty of room. used many times to haul things, just lay all seats down which makes it very convenient. Took to the mountains this year, handled all the curves and up hills very well. gas mileage is also good considering it is an suv. has plenty of cup holders"

Greatest vehicle

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

"This is the best vehicle we've ever owned. It is super flexible. We have made I don't know how many long trips with the kids and the dog with no problems and plenty of room. I wish my truck was a Ridgeline. Its a Chevrolet."

Great Vehicle!

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

"8 years old and just turned 300K miles."

8 years of trouble free driving

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "dependable and last long time"

Cons: "loud road noise, bad mpg"

"I got this car when it had 9K miles on it. The fuel pump went out when I first got it. It was still under warranty. The dealership fixed it by cutting a hole in the floorboard then lied about it and claimed to have dropped the gas tank. I found this out later. I have had this car from spring of 2004 until the fall of 2013. This has been a trouble free car other than tires and batteries every few years. I now have 151K miles on it and things are starting to deteriorate. Two of the windows stopped working. The power locks do not work with the remote any more and it rides very rough and has a front suspension problem. My ignition is going out and as long as I leave the key in it, then it starts right up. Take the key out and its nearly impossible to restart. Overall it was a good car and these problems only happened in the last year. If you get one, keep it about 8 years, then get rid of it before it starts falling apart."

The pilot is fantastic and feels very safe.

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Roomy and able to seat 8 people incl. driver"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"This car is my 3rd Honda and my very favorite. I can pack a lot of people or stuff in it and the car is VERY study. It sort of feels like a truck ride in that you are up higher than for sedans but the ride I find to be very smooth. I bought the car used in 2010 with 69,000 and I have had only wear and tear on it as far as parts needing repaired. It is the car I hope to get through my kids' days of schlepping them to practices etc, but it is also the car that my son may drive for the first time. Hondas are fantastic cars and this one does not disappoint. All my Hondas have started EVERY time rain or shine. I Highly recommend the Pilot for those who need ample room and want a smooth cool ride."

Most reliable car I have ever owned.

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable to drive."

Cons: "I have no gripes!"

"We bought the 2005 Pilot new in July 2005. It has served us well for nearly 8 years. Mechanically, it is in top shape. It has one ding on the hood, right side, about the size of a golf ball. The front seat upholstery has a few holes that can be repaired. All recommended maintenance has been done through the years, mostly by the dealer. The gas mileage has never waivered through the years : 17/24."

The best Car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "dependable, smooth ride, safe"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I got my 2008 EXL on 12/23/12 with 64200 miles. I have never owned a Honda prior to my Pilot but can honestly say that the thought of going back to another kind of car is a scary thought. This car handles wonderful and one of my favorite things is it doesn't feel like I am driving a tank. I get excited every day to drive my Pilot. I get nervous when my husband does simply because he has a heavy foot. I look forward to the next several years with my Pilot and plan on keeping it until it has no more driving left to her. I just wish the gas mileage was better but it is something I am willing to live with because I love the car so much."

looks like new garage no dents SiriusXM Radio

By on Sunday, September 23, 2012

Pros: "Great price, beautiful red & very attractive"

"orig parts tot svc cost under $200. It is a 2nd car used when I'm in NY. Schrome running boards,front & rear mud guards."