• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2005 Honda Pilot

Based on 846 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

out standing car

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "fun safe got get up and go"

Cons: "could be a little better on gas 20 hi way"

"not afraid to drive this car anywhere in the usa"

I LOVE MY HONDA PILOT. 140k MILES. NO PROBLEMS.

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "VALUE IS BETTER THAN ANY CAR IN ITS CLASS."

Cons: "CANT RETRIEVE ITEMS THAT FALL BETW SEAT AND CONSOL"

"I AM A HONDA FAN. I HAD AN ODYSSEY AND NOW THE PILOT, AND I WILL CONTINUE BUYING PILOTS. IT IS RELIABLE, COMFORTABLE AND EFFICIENT."

Excellent vehicle. Very comfortable and spacious.

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

"Only drawbacks are only one power seat, the driver's, no fifth door release on inside and no remote lock/unlock for fifth door. If price is right I will definitely look into buying another Pilot."

Amazing car

By on Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Pros: "Handles well. Quiet ride. Roomy. Comfortable"

Cons: "Third row cramped."

"I love my Honda Pilot. It is amazing in the snow. Quick flip from 2WD to 4WD. Hardly even needed the 4WD because the Pilot tackles the snow and ice so well! Very roomy interior. I love the leather seats. Second row seats are very roomy as well. Air conditioner leak at 120,000 miles. Catalytic converter needed replacement at 110,000 miles. About 17-20 mpg average. Third row seats are pretty cramped but only used for seating when absolutely needed. 3 point seat belts for 3 in second row seats and for 2 in third row seats. Spacious interior that will give a pick up truck a run for the money as far as transporting boxes, furniture, etc during a move. Just fold the second and third seats flat and you have tons of space! Put the seats back up and the Pilot can compete with luxury cars for the comfort. I love the navigation system and XM ready stereo system. Rear back up camera is a cool feature, but I must admit, I don't really use it much (old habits die hard). I'm going to stick with my Pilot until it dies...."

My first dealer-bought car

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Storage, power, amenities, comfort, easy to drive"

Cons: "Very small space between front seats and console"

"I was set on buying a Kia once I finished school and got a "real" job. I test drove a Sorento and several other makes of used mid-size SUV's. I was not excited about the Pilot at first based on a photo which showed the gear shifter blocking the radio and climate controls. But once I drove it (and the gear shifter miraculously moved out of the way), I was getting warmed up to the idea. Compared to the other 7 or so cars I drove over two days, I started to love the this car. I settled on the Pilot after NEARLY signing on the Sportage. The mileage was a bit higher than I had hoped at over 103K at 6 years old at the time, but it IS a Honda, after all. The Pilot has guts, great brakes, a quiet and smooth car-like ride, leather everything, power everything, 3 12 volt outlets, shoulder seatbelts for all 8 passengers, dual zone climate controls, storage galore, hooks, adjustable middle row seat, split rear seating, both rows fold down (although the middle row does not go flat as I had hoped), cup holders for pretty much every passenger, side air bags for the front, sliding and tilting sunroof, 7 in-dash CD slots, tape player (which is great for an AUX-to-tape converter so I can stream music from my phone), steering wheel controls for cruise control and audio, great visibility at all angles (only one very small blind spot, which is solved by a small convex mirror on the driver's side), heated seats, roof racks, heated electric side mirrors, tire pressure monitors, interior safety lighting, and did I mention STORAGE!?! Under the hood is roomy and easy to work in, unlike some other foreign makes. The spare tire is hidden under the rear of the body, so there are no ugly plastic tire covers blocking the rear view. Speaking of the rear view, since it was manufactured before rear cameras became fairly standard, I installed an after-marked camera which activates when the reverse light is on and transmits a wireless signal to a clip-on rear-view mirror with a small window that shows what's behind me. I call it "The Cap'n" and I love him! I've had it for 3 years exactly today and I hope to have him for at least 10 more!"