2005 Honda Pilot

Based on 837 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

My first dealer-bought car

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Pros: "Storage, power, amenities, comfort, easy to drive"

Cons: "Very small space between front seats and console"

"I was set on buying a Kia once I finished school and got a "real" job. I test drove a Sorento and several other makes of used mid-size SUV's. I was not excited about the Pilot at first based on a photo which showed the gear shifter blocking the radio and climate controls. But once I drove it (and the gear shifter miraculously moved out of the way), I was getting warmed up to the idea. Compared to the other 7 or so cars I drove over two days, I started to love the this car. I settled on the Pilot after NEARLY signing on the Sportage. The mileage was a bit higher than I had hoped at over 103K at 6 years old at the time, but it IS a Honda, after all. The Pilot has guts, great brakes, a quiet and smooth car-like ride, leather everything, power everything, 3 12 volt outlets, shoulder seatbelts for all 8 passengers, dual zone climate controls, storage galore, hooks, adjustable middle row seat, split rear seating, both rows fold down (although the middle row does not go flat as I had hoped), cup holders for pretty much every passenger, side air bags for the front, sliding and tilting sunroof, 7 in-dash CD slots, tape player (which is great for an AUX-to-tape converter so I can stream music from my phone), steering wheel controls for cruise control and audio, great visibility at all angles (only one very small blind spot, which is solved by a small convex mirror on the driver's side), heated seats, roof racks, heated electric side mirrors, tire pressure monitors, interior safety lighting, and did I mention STORAGE!?! Under the hood is roomy and easy to work in, unlike some other foreign makes. The spare tire is hidden under the rear of the body, so there are no ugly plastic tire covers blocking the rear view. Speaking of the rear view, since it was manufactured before rear cameras became fairly standard, I installed an after-marked camera which activates when the reverse light is on and transmits a wireless signal to a clip-on rear-view mirror with a small window that shows what's behind me. I call it "The Cap'n" and I love him! I've had it for 3 years exactly today and I hope to have him for at least 10 more!"

Reliable, dependable and one of the best vehicles

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

"One of the best vehicles I have ever owned."

love my honda.

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "all around great vehicle."

"I am disabled, and most vehicles I can get in and out of with some discomfort, and effort. I can do so in my pilot, with ease. I can drive without being uncomfortable, even long distances. There are minimal blind spots, and spacial orientation is comfortable...not many vehicles I can say this of. My grandsons and daughters all fit, 8 seats! I love it. Overall, it is most efficient, and gets good mileage."

Great investment

By on Wednesday, July 02, 2014

"This is the best running vehicle I have ever owned. I would love to purchase a newer model Its a truck Mommy mobile Pic Nic loader and so much more"

good vehicle for the price

By on Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pros: "great value alot of space very reliable"

Cons: "HORRIBLE gas mileage"

"we have owned this car for a little over 4 years now. plan to trade it in for the new 2015 colorado. this has been a great vehicle. has plenty of room inside for the whole family and pets. can tow a decent amount of weight also. the worse part about this car is it gets horrible gas mileage. its rated at a combined 18. i only get about 15"

Great car

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Great engine. Durable, good seats, cheap leather."

Cons: "LOUSY navigation system, rotors tend to warp."

"New 7-05. One warranty claim during warranty period, (right strut replaced). Never added a single quart of oil in 126,000 miles. Normal maintenance. 105,000 mile maintenance expensive, timing belt, water pump, spark plugs, valve adjustment. Dealer service is pretty good, only one complaint bad brake job. Never replaced a single light bulb. Navigation system made by Clairion. They should stick to stereos. Worst in the business, dead slow, gets lost all the time. Honda wanted $179 or so to update the data base. Paid it once only, and its worse than before the update. Roads in place 3 years before the update still weren't in the data base. Great vehicle, probably buy another."

Best Honda Pilot

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

"No complaints from this Honda Pilot. It has been one of the best cars we have ever owned. All Leather seats, tow hitch, tires are in very good condition. No mechanical issues. Only visual interior negative is the driver's seat has some leather tears on the side from normal wear and tear. Very clean. No warranties. Sold as is."

Great!

By on Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, easy to drive, plenty of room"

Cons: "Front brakes and rotors, paint chips very easily"

"Purchased this vehicle 9 years ago. Never any major issues. Very reliable and easy to drive. By far the best vehicle I have ever owned. Wish it could last forever but at almost 160,000 miles it is getting tired. Only complaint is front brakes tend to wear easily and need frequent replacement. Love this vehicle. If you can find one for a good price with low miles jump on it."

Reliable yet are some flaws

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Crash-worthy, fun to drive, 4WD"

Cons: "Comfort, No third row speakers"

"I have owned this vehicle for 4 years now, and have put approx 30,000 miles on it. Back in June 2012, this car was put to the test when I was at a red light (at a dead stop), and someone in a Dodge Durango rear-ended us. The vehicle did not appear to take much damage, and 2 of the 3 of us came out injury free. My two passengers came out of the accident without a scratch, but being the driver, I came out with pretty bad whiplash, and a very "nice" seatbelt bruise. The one thing that concerned me was that I feel as if the airbags should have come out during the accident. I still drive this vehicle as a daily driver, and I still love it. I am considering trading in the vehicle now because the seats are not that comfortable (the third row is terrible-- no leg room), and that there are no rear speakers, but other than that, I would recommend this vehicle."

Great runner; highly dependable

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Dependable; strong runner; roomy"

Cons: "Gas mileage not the greatest."

"Really needed a passenger sedan, but something caused us to purchase this vehicle. Awesome vehicle in all respects, just don't really need a SUV. It has features that we rarely or never use."

See if you qualify for