2004 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 921 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

So glad I have the Honda Pilot!

By on Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Pros: "8 Seats, safety, reliability, turning radius"

Cons: "Small rear seats, small storage, gas mileage"

"This is my second Pilot. The first (a 2005) was flipped, landed on the front passenger side corner, rolled back to its feet, and was of course totaled in a t-bone accident. I was virtually unhurt, to everyone's amazement. So I bought the 2006 with side air-bags. I bought the Pilot based on my metrics of safety, 8 seats, reliability, and 4wd capabilities. I am most satisfied. My husband wants a vehicle with more storage space; I just want an exact replica of what I have just larger with better gas mileage : ) At just over 200,000, the maintenance has been incredible, the driving uneventful... just what I wanted! Great job, Honda!"

No problems at 10 years and 180k miles

By on Friday, June 17, 2016

Pros: "reliable, holds a ton of stuff, low maint"

Cons: "boring appearance"

"Love this SUV, sold on Honda reliability. My wife and I bought it new, took it on multiple 2-3k road trips and zero problems. This car is great in the snow, can fit an 8foot christmas tree with ease, and best of all it doesn't break allowing us to put our money in investments and home improvements like our kitchen remodel. We we're so impressed we bought an 2011 Acura MDX new and it's 80k mileage is just the start. Zero problems with transmission or the engine. I've had two Z28's and an Audi S4 in my early years and all of those vehicles were expensive to repair and unreliable."

Just what I wanted.

By on Thursday, May 9, 2013

Pros: "Big, safe, reliable, comfort"

Cons: "None really come to mind."

"I did my research for a bout 1 year prior to buying. I knew a larger SUV was what I wanted. I always came backto the pilot. I have a 2006 EX that I bought in 2012 with 48,000 miles. I absolutely Love this vehicle. I have 2 kids, and my 2 kids have friends! spacious, safe, reliable and doesnt drive like an eight-seater. The gas mileage is not as bad as you might think. The 4WD is a MUST in New England. Great feature. I would highly recommend this SUV for a family."

Best car ever owned. No maintenance problems.

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Good family car and cargo capacity."

Cons: "Slight pause in transmission when acceleating"

"Drive over Sierras and around Tahoe in snow regularly. Great car, best ever owned. In over 5 yrs and 127K miles have had no maintenance problems. Very good gas mileage 21-23 mpg. Have carried 8 adults with 3 in 3rd row. Grand kids regularly like to sit in 3rd row. Great for family travel. great handling and acceleration. Compared to American cars I have owned (Buick LaSabre, Mercury, Plymouth)Honda Pilot has been far superior in quality and durability. Love it."

No Complaints, it just works!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, maintenance free, easy to own"

Cons: "styling"

"Never really loved the way this car looked, but it has been trouble free, amazingly reliable (knock on wood) and easy to maintain. We've had it on several long road trips up to 1,000 miles and my family has had no complaints. As my kids get bigger it would be nice to have more legroom in the back but it is fine for everyday use at the moment. The interior has all the features we wanted but we didn't have to pay a lot extra (i.e. the Toyota 4Runner Limited was $10k more). We've had it in some of the biggest snow storms in N. CA and it was better than I expected. We would certainly buy another one if there was a bigger model. Congrats to Honda they made a car worth the money - now make a bigger version."