2004 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 895 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Solid Vehicle

By on Monday, August 25, 2008

"We have a 2003 Pilot and I enjoy every minute driving it. It's the best and most solid vehichle we have owned over the past 35 years. We've put on about 83,000 miles and the original tires are still good. It runs like a top; we've really done nothing more than kept up with the maintenace plan - I highly recommend using Honda dealer service. My friends know I can't say enough about this vehicle."

Favorite Vehicle We've Ever Owned!

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2008

"We have always owned Toyota 4Runners, but decided to purchase the Pilot after driving it & checking out a friend's. We are very impressed with the reliability--we have never had one single thing break & we're at 70K miles now. The exterior still looks great & modern, even though a couple newer bodystyles have come out since '04. We get around 15--16 mpg around town & 19-22 mpg on trips. Here are the only negatives I have: The 3rd row seat is, in my opinion, for kids only. It's uncomfortable for adults (and I'm small). But granted, it's not a minivan. The perforated leather seats are not easy to keep clean with the kids. If you drop anything on the inside of the front seats, it is trapped forever down beside the console. You cannot reach down there & that's annoying. The headrests are uncomfortable. Those are small things to us compared to what we love about our Pilot. It's roomy, the DVD system is great. The seats fold flat for hauling larger items & it is a very smooth ride."

Side Curtain Airbags a Winner

By on Monday, December 03, 2007

"Although the Honda Pilot wasn't as "sexy" as some of its competitiors, I purchased it for it's ruggedness and simplicity. With teenage drivers, I thought the lack of electronics and bells/whistles would actually be advantageous as the vehicle aged and was handed down to my sons. My philiosophy is if "it's not there, it can't break" and be a future liability. This past weekend I was T-Boned at an intersection by a Dodge Ram pickup that ran a red light. The side and curtain airbags deployed and I walked away without injury. My poor Pilot took a beating but due to its inherent safety features came out suprisingly well. I was very thankful for the engineering and anti-rollerover design. Thank goodness for the 5-Star side impact safety rating!"

Great car!

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Great family vehicle and handy."

Cons: "Little too tall for this 4'10" retiree!"

"I don't need a car this big any more - its 8 passenger. Has gray leather interior with 3rd row seating. Very comfortable riding vehicle and very handy having the fold down seats."

love my honda.

By on Thursday, July 03, 2014

Pros: "all around great vehicle."

"I am disabled, and most vehicles I can get in and out of with some discomfort, and effort. I can do so in my pilot, with ease. I can drive without being uncomfortable, even long distances. There are minimal blind spots, and spacial orientation is comfortable...not many vehicles I can say this of. My grandsons and daughters all fit, 8 seats! I love it. Overall, it is most efficient, and gets good mileage."