2004 Honda Pilot

Based on 880 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Finally found the right Honda

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"I have owned just about every Honda (02 Civic, 2 Accords (93, 05), CRV(04), Odyssey(04) and now, an 06 Pilot) I have an EX with Leather and RES. We've already driven it cross country and it was the perfect car for us. Even with 2 carseats in the middle row, you can fit an adult back there with comfort. The 3rd row of seats are a tight fit, but they were designed for children. There have been times when I've needed to fit 6 people in my car, 2 kids in car seats and 4 adults. The booster seat fits perfectly in the 3rd row with the other 2 seats folded down. Never lost any cargo room because of the split seats. From the outside, you would never imagine the amount of cargo space there is. Some people have even been skeptical that I could fit 8 people in my car...plus bags and boxes! I did it and it was perfect. Reading other reviews, some reviewers complained about the gas mileage, but think about it...it's a V6 SUV...it's not supposed to get excellent gas mileage, but for its class, it could be worse. This vehicle handles great and is very comfortable. After researching and test driving all vehicles in the class, it has the best value for all the options you get. Definitely not cheaply made, like its counterparts. With any Honda, there will never be any doubt about reliability or depreciation. It will definitely outperform the competitors."

Great Vehicle.

By on Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable and dependable, great in weather."

Cons: "Pricey. MPG could be better"

"Gas mileage could be better. However drives great, dependable, handles in snow and ice better than any other vehicle I've had with one exception. (The exception was NOT dependable) Has required little maintenance and body is still solid without rattles or air leaks. Love this car."

LOVE LOVE LOVE MY PILOT

By on Friday, July 26, 2013

Pros: "Holds value"

Cons: "Cup holder not convenient for driver"

"Bought used (certified). I've had for 3 yrs. Love the ride, the get up and go, roominess, comfort, utility, and look of it. Gets better gas mileage than they say. Vehicle of choice when we travel. This is my 29th yr of owning Honda's. I've never had a Honda leave me stranded on the side of the road."

Nice for traveling, well built

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "Good road car, versatile for all-arond needs"

Cons: "Mileage, driver knee space"

"The only real downside to this vehicle is the mileage. The best we can ever expect, which will come on a full day of steady freeway travel, is 20-22 mpg. This is a great road car. A few times a year we have travel days of 400-500 miles, and it performs well. Plenty of power on hills or for passing, smooth riding, reasonably quiet. We have only needed to use the 3rd row seat a few times, but it has been great to have it when we need it. The 3rd seat is wider than the 2008 Toyota Highlander, which is one of the reasons we chose the Honda. We have not yet had any repair bills, just regular maintenance. We replaced the original tires at about 40,000 miles. It still has the original break pads, which is impressive at over 70,000 miles. Two minor issues: It is easy to drop things between the seats and the center console and almost impossible to retrieve them. We keep a stick handy to work into the gap to push items out. We may try folding a towel and placing it in this space. The other issue seems to be common in other Hondas we have owned. The knee space for the driver is minimal. To have the most comfortable knee space, the seat needs to be moved back to where the arm reach is too long."

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS CAR

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Very reliable, great car, looks good"

Cons: "There are none"

"I bought this car new in 2004 and its 2012 and it's still going strong! I drive to work and school everyday and it's always been reliable. Other than regular maintenance (brakes, oil, tires) I've never had to replace or fix anything. I'm not a perfect driver and I do occasionally run over curbs or take it off road and this car can handle it without any problems. I love this car and I don't think I'll ever get rid off it!"