• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2004 Honda Pilot

Based on 849 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

Just Perfect!

By on Wednesday, June 27, 2007

"We had been waiting to find the perfect vehicle for our large family. We did not want a minivan but it seemed that was going to be our only choice until we came across the Pilot! Our Pilot feels like a luxury vehicle and yet it's the perfect family vehicle with all the comforts just for the kiddos. The 8 seats are way better then any minivan we tested. There are truly 8 full seats. I am only 5'1" so I couldn't choose a large bulky SUV either. I don't feel tiny and out of place in the pilot, I can easily get in and out of it and moving/installing car seats as well. Parking is a breeze too. It is just perfect!"

By on Saturday, June 16, 2007

Missed the mark

By on Saturday, June 16, 2007

"In the first two years, the Pilot was just awesome. In the last two years I've been overwhelmed with expensive repairs. In this year alone the bills were over #15,000 - no matter how you slice that, it is way ouside my acceptance level. I have been very disapointed in Honda and just couldn't believe how this vehicle has turned out after just 4 years. Transmission problems alone were $7,000. Back to the drawing board Honda! I just simply can't afford to keep this SUV on the road with expenses like this. The front bug deflecter/guard is no longer made - wow, only in 4 years parts are no longer available - not acceptable in my opinion. I simply want my first two years experience with the Pilot back!"

By on Saturday, June 09, 2007

"engine noise is clicking even it is brand new the engine growing to high 3000rpm before it can shift gear ,over all it does not shift smooth and the engine is not quiet like the Toyota"

Love the Pilot

By on Friday, June 08, 2007

"My husband and I purchased our Pilot after the birth of our second child because we needed more room. I had been driving a CRV, which I loved, before we bought the Pilot (and I hated to see the CRV go because it had been a great car). That was a year ago, and today we all love the Pilot. PROS: It is VERY roomy, very comfortable, and it looks great. Additionally, the price could not be beat when compared to comparable vehicles (we paid $23k for ours, new). We are pleased with the gas mileage that the Pilot gets, and it has plenty of power. There are power outlets all over the vehicle, which I also like. Also lots of storage space and cup holders. We got the cloth interior, and it (amazingly) cleans up pretty easily. The extra headrest storage in the back can double as wet storage (which you need if you have kids with wet swimsuits, muddy shoes, or a bucket of tadpoles that they insist MUST come home with them). CONS: The paint does seem to chip easily. I also noticed that the windshield cracks easily (I experienced that with my CRV, too). Even small rocks can leave a "bullseye" on my windshield. The spare tire is not full-sized, which seems silly for a car of this size - ya' need a full-size spare. Also, there is no fold-down armrest in the back seat (even the CRV had that). Overall, we are very pleased with the Pilot and love to drive it. Even my husband, a sports car guy, loves to drive and ride in the Pilot."