2003 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 909 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

238,000 and still rolling.

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage, but typical for SUV."

"Bought it used with 60,000 miles and it just turned 238,000 miles. JUST NOW developing some mechanical issues. Great on road trips, plenty of room cross country with 3 kids and a 100lb lab. Drives so well I have never even needed to engage 4wd, even in extreme weather. Very versatile--was able to fit (just barely) a twin mattress and frame in the cargo area with seats folded down. Still looks great, interior has held up well except chrome on the door handles cracks and will draw blood. Very roomy, except the third seat, really only suitable for those under 5 ft. Best, most reliable car I have ever owned. Hope it passes 300,000!"

Just what I wanted.

By on Thursday, May 09, 2013

Pros: "Big, safe, reliable, comfort"

Cons: "None really come to mind."

"I did my research for a bout 1 year prior to buying. I knew a larger SUV was what I wanted. I always came backto the pilot. I have a 2006 EX that I bought in 2012 with 48,000 miles. I absolutely Love this vehicle. I have 2 kids, and my 2 kids have friends! spacious, safe, reliable and doesnt drive like an eight-seater. The gas mileage is not as bad as you might think. The 4WD is a MUST in New England. Great feature. I would highly recommend this SUV for a family."

Nice ride but needs some more features and options

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Reason: I wanted a car with more features

Pros: "Great price"

Cons: "Bare on features, cheap leather, man. Passenger st"

"I bought it new in 2003 in silver with gray leather and a rear entertainment system and sold it in December, 2012. The leather was ALL wrinkled and cracked by 52,000 miles. This car was very bare on features. While competitors had heated seats, power everything and moonroofs! This car was very affordable and priced $2000 less than competitors. I wish I did get a competitor but this vehicle wasn't that bad. The only reason why I kept it was because I don't drive many miles. I wish the car had a power passenger seat, heated front seats and a sun/moonroof. What I like best, is that I got over 1/3 of its msrp back when I traded it in ($10,000)! It keeps it value too! Anyone who doesn't really need bells and whistles it is a great car for you! Same for first drivers! The rear seats were comfortable and 3rd row was sooooo easy to access. I never used the 3rd row so it looked brand new despite a small almost invisible scratch. The front seats get uncomfortable after an hour so you need to adjust the seat and lumbar. The cars bare on options too. The options available were 17" rims, window visors, navigation or res. As I said earlier I traded I this car for a certified, 1 owner, loaded Mercedes GL550!"

Great car!

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Great family vehicle and handy."

Cons: "Little too tall for this 4'10" retiree!"

"I don't need a car this big any more - its 8 passenger. Has gray leather interior with 3rd row seating. Very comfortable riding vehicle and very handy having the fold down seats."

Great performance and realatively efficient

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "dependable ride"

Cons: "cargo area does not convert 2 flat surface/ pricey"

"no major failures over 135K miles. have replaced tires, belts and water pump. My only concern is that when rear seats are down, the surface is not totally flat."