2003 Honda Pilot

9.3

Based on 921 Ratings for the 2003 - 2008 models.

best in class

By on Thursday, January 10, 2008

"This is the 2nd pilot I have owned, the first was in a accident after only having it 9 months, and was totaled when I was forced into a concrete wall going 70 miles an hour. I walked away with only two broken ribs from the seat belt. My present honda I leased for 3 years, and just purchased because of the quality of the SUV. Hope to drive it for many more years. Have not had any problems with the car at all. I also bought an accord since I have had so much luck with the pilot."

Safety of this vehicle cannot be matched!

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"I purchased my Honda Pilot in May 2003. It has been the most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. The Pilot has only required routine maintenance, gets good gas mileage compared to other SUVs, and is comfortable. Last, but not least, 3 days ago, the Pilot proved its 5 star crash rating when I was involved in a major accident. The outside was totaled, but the inside looked like it did before the crash. My son and I walked away with just bumps and bruises."

Michelins, Mobil One, cargo bed liner, timing, 90K

By on Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Pros: "large cargo area, outstanding highway car, 22 mpg"

Cons: "16 mpg in town, too large for our move to Seattle"

"We are the original owner. It has had Mobil One oil changes at 5K intervals. It has had balances and rotation on 5K intervals. The tires are super premium Michelins with about 5K on them. The timing belt has been changed and it has had the air bag recall service. It has had the 90K service. It is a great vehicle for gardeners due to the huge capacity in the cargo area for carrying multiple 3 cubic foot bags of bark mulch. The car has the Honda pilot cargo bed liner. It has been treated with care since it has left the factory and it has never been smoked in. The only reason that it is for sale is that we are moving to Seattle and it is simply too large for the minimal parking available in the Emerald City. We have the complete service history of this well cared for Pilot."

Great car!

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "Great family vehicle and handy."

Cons: "Little too tall for this 4'10" retiree!"

"I don't need a car this big any more - its 8 passenger. Has gray leather interior with 3rd row seating. Very comfortable riding vehicle and very handy having the fold down seats."

Great performance and realatively efficient

By on Monday, March 10, 2014

Pros: "dependable ride"

Cons: "cargo area does not convert 2 flat surface/ pricey"

"no major failures over 135K miles. have replaced tires, belts and water pump. My only concern is that when rear seats are down, the surface is not totally flat."

Great low maintenance hauler

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Low Maintenance, great pick up and room"

Cons: "Can be a little noisey at 70mph+ speeds"

"We've had the 2007 Pilot for over 7 years and have driven it on long drives to Florida and DC from Michigan multiple times without issue. The Pilot handles the nasty snow storms with plenty of grip and clearance. The Pilot is surprisingly large inside - the SUV swallows a 7ft Christmas tree with the seats down without issue. The best thing I like about the Pilot is the low maintenance. The pilot has only needed regular oil changes and the recommended manufacturing maintenance. In comparison I have a 2000 Audi S4 and I've spent about $10k in maintenance over 13 years."

Best Car I have ever owned

By on Friday, July 5, 2013

Pros: "Reliable and affordable transportation"

Cons: "Noisy on highways, particularly after 70 MPH"

"Purchased this vehicle used with 6600 miles on it in early 2004. Have since put on over 260k miles. Its an awesome car and has never left me stranded. I have changed the oil on it every 3500 miles and done all of the preventative maintenance including major 30k service intervals and changing the timing belt every 90k miles. Everything on it still works with the exception of a low buzzing sound that comes from the sound system after it plays for 20 minutes that the Honda dealer could never fix. Outside of that, nothing leaks, it doesnt burn oil, the paint hasnt oxidized, the leather seats havent torn despite two young children, and the AC still blows cold."

Excellent, well-built vehicle

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Versatile, comfortable and easy to drive"

Cons: "A little thirsty on fuel"

"My 2004 pilot has over 215,000 miles on it, and still feels like it's brand new. Solid vehicle,..No squeaks, buzzes or rattles. A few mechanical and eletrical problems at about 100K, but after that not too much. One of the best cars I ever owned! I would highly recommend..."

It is best car I ever had and I am 76 years old

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pros: "Roomy, rides very well"

Cons: "local mileage is not the best"

"Just a great car"

Great road trip SUV

By on Friday, August 20, 2010

"After 5 years, and 60k, I'll give it a thumbs up. No mechanical problems so far. This is the best camping/road trip vehicle I've owned - comfortable, lots of room, absolutely reliable, gas mileage is pretty good if you keep the speed down. And it cruises at 75+ easily even when fully loaded, with stuff on the roof rack. My complaints? I am finally putting better tires on, which should help with road noise, which is a bit more than I'd like. The spare is a doughnut rather than a full sized tire - I'll be taking care of that as well. This is not a truck based 4WD SUV. It does fine on snowy roads, but its clearance and traction are not for really rough dirt trails."