2002 Honda Passport

7.3

Based on 239 Ratings for the 1994 - 2002 models.

I loved this vehicle

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Long trips wern't comfortable"

"As far as value, I wish it could've lasted longer. I had to replace the air conditioner, transmission, fuel gage within fuel tank and a few minor things. Reliability - No problems. It was great in 4WD. Quality on a few things as the 5CD stacker,did not impress me.Design was fine."

Best car purchase I've ever made.

By on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pros: "Reliable. Few repairs required. Cool design. Still has biggest cargo area around"

Cons: "Cramped for tall people. After 13 years, some signs of age creeping in."

"I've owned my Honda Passport (a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo, for those who didn't know) for 13 years. Bought it new in May '98 and she's still going strong. I've maintained it well over the years and it has provided reliable service. Its appearance is starting to show signs of age... discolored cloth where my arm hangs out the window, cassette deck makes noise, driver's seat is starting to give a little, paint chips in the fender area; but the engine is still a beaut, and I've never had any problems with convenience features like power windows, doors, moonroof, etc. Worst thing I can say about the car is it isn't the best for tall people (I'm 6'3"). In my opinion, FWIW, I think this is THE best SUV ever put on the market. I'll never understand why Honda, and then Isuzu a few years later, discontinued the vehicle. If you can get a well-maintained one like mine on the used car market, I think you'll be pleased."

Love-Hate Relationship

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"In a weird way, I love my Passport. Burns oil bad, I have to add a quart about every 1,000 miles. Dealership says this is typical. The rear-window wiper sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. The 4-wheel drive usually works, but sometimes I can't get it to turn off. I had to learn the neutral/reverse trick to turn off the 4-wheel drive. The car is horrible on gas. Can't say enough about how horrible it is on gas. BUT, that being said, I love everything else about it. GREAT in the snow, makes me feel safe. I live on top of a steep driveway in the county and never had trouble getting home. Love the car, hate the gas mileage."

My favortie car

By on Thursday, February 11, 2010

"With having owned or driven everything from trucks to a luxury car and even a Pinto! .....this was and is my favorite. It's got a small oil leak, 206,000 miles and I still don't want to give it up! And that decision is not based on the cost of a new car. It has given me more confidence than anything I've ever had."

Best Vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 21, 2009

"I love my Honda Passport. I bought it with 130000 miles and now im at 141000. Runs good, great traction, and looks nice. The only things that are wrong is it needs new valve gaskets which is going to cost $400. But that is normal for some vehicles, my last one needed new ones at 110000 miles. Does good offroading but will overheat if you have the a/c on while you are going through tought terrain at speeds lower than 20 mph. The passenger rear window regulator wet bad so i had to replace that. It cost $135 shipping and all. It was as simple as taking screws and bolts off and switching them out. No automotive shop needed. The key is hard to get copied. I have tried lowes, hard ware stores like ace, wal mart and lowes and none of them could copyit so i suggest going to a locksmith or the dealership. If looking to buy one dont bother looking for a transmission dipstick because it has a sealed transmission which requires a car lift and removing plugs to check but can be done by an invidual.Otherwise its the best car i have owned yet. I like it better than my 2008 ford f-250 powerstroke."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Passport near Honolulu. See local deals