2002 Honda Passport

7.3

Based on 239 Ratings for the 1994 - 2002 models.

I loved this vehicle

By on Thursday, February 2, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Long trips wern't comfortable"

"As far as value, I wish it could've lasted longer. I had to replace the air conditioner, transmission, fuel gage within fuel tank and a few minor things. Reliability - No problems. It was great in 4WD. Quality on a few things as the 5CD stacker,did not impress me.Design was fine."

Love-Hate Relationship

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"In a weird way, I love my Passport. Burns oil bad, I have to add a quart about every 1,000 miles. Dealership says this is typical. The rear-window wiper sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. The 4-wheel drive usually works, but sometimes I can't get it to turn off. I had to learn the neutral/reverse trick to turn off the 4-wheel drive. The car is horrible on gas. Can't say enough about how horrible it is on gas. BUT, that being said, I love everything else about it. GREAT in the snow, makes me feel safe. I live on top of a steep driveway in the county and never had trouble getting home. Love the car, hate the gas mileage."

Best car purchase I've ever made.

By on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pros: "Reliable. Few repairs required. Cool design. Still has biggest cargo area around"

Cons: "Cramped for tall people. After 13 years, some signs of age creeping in."

"I've owned my Honda Passport (a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo, for those who didn't know) for 13 years. Bought it new in May '98 and she's still going strong. I've maintained it well over the years and it has provided reliable service. Its appearance is starting to show signs of age... discolored cloth where my arm hangs out the window, cassette deck makes noise, driver's seat is starting to give a little, paint chips in the fender area; but the engine is still a beaut, and I've never had any problems with convenience features like power windows, doors, moonroof, etc. Worst thing I can say about the car is it isn't the best for tall people (I'm 6'3"). In my opinion, FWIW, I think this is THE best SUV ever put on the market. I'll never understand why Honda, and then Isuzu a few years later, discontinued the vehicle. If you can get a well-maintained one like mine on the used car market, I think you'll be pleased."

My favortie car

By on Thursday, February 11, 2010

"With having owned or driven everything from trucks to a luxury car and even a Pinto! .....this was and is my favorite. It's got a small oil leak, 206,000 miles and I still don't want to give it up! And that decision is not based on the cost of a new car. It has given me more confidence than anything I've ever had."

Great first car!

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Built like a tank & solid car!"

Cons: "Not enough cup holders!"

"This was my very first car! I learned to drive with this car. It was incredibly dependable (like a first car should be). I even had my first wreck in this car. I was rear-ended and this car couldn't of been more safe. I like to call it a tank. The car that hit me was totaled but my car was fine! It's small enough to park easily. However, it does have that safety feeling of an SUV. Great car!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Passport near Honolulu. See local deals