2002 Honda Passport

7.3

Based on 237 Ratings for the 1994 - 2002 models.

This car is incredible

By on Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Pros: "Extreamly reliable"

"I baught this car for $1000 dollars at an auction 7 years ago. It just wont die. It has four hundred thousand miles on it. Even the air condition still blows cold. Best 1000 bucks I ever spent."

I loved this vehicle

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Long trips wern't comfortable"

"As far as value, I wish it could've lasted longer. I had to replace the air conditioner, transmission, fuel gage within fuel tank and a few minor things. Reliability - No problems. It was great in 4WD. Quality on a few things as the 5CD stacker,did not impress me.Design was fine."

Great 4x4 for the $

By on Monday, March 08, 2010

"This is hands-down the most reliable car I've ever had. Great power (even up hills). It's not the quickest thing on the highway, but it has tons of stamina and it'll go for miles and miles (and MILES)! It's been around the country three times, on countless camping trips, all over Oregon and California, 4x4 in the hills, and still it's running strong at 200K+. This may be because I have always been VERY good about keeping the maintenance up on it, including oil changes. It takes 10/30. The ONLY issue I've had is that the passenger front and rear window-motors are starting to wear out, as well as the rear window support. I use a little block for the rear window; the passenger electric motors: well, I've tried replacing them but every one I've used as replacement has also died because they've all been "rebuilt" parts. My advice: BUY NEW PARTS, NOT REBUILDS, especially when it comes to alternators, starters, and electric-motors. This vehicle will out-last ALL the parts you buy if they're rebuilds. Also, it is common on this model for the #6 plug to start fouling after around 180K miles. This is EASY TO FIX but time-consuming: the gaskets wear out and disintegrate around this age, but the engine is in GREAT shape. Replacing head and valve-cover gaskets is about a four-hour job (at a pro shop) or a day's work for someone like me. Would I buy another: YES! I wish they made a hybrid."

2001 Honda Passport

By on Tuesday, September 08, 2009

"Best car ever.. Mine has 230,000+ miles on it and still runs great.. I drove it from Ohio to Texas and back 3 times, and twice to Florida.. I also used it to move all my stuff when I bought a house.. It is big, comfortable and still gets good MPG.. GOOD BUY!"

Frame Corrosion broke in half

By on Thursday, January 01, 2009

"Purchased in 2001, 27k miles on it. Body in mint condition. Recently, on turnpike car went out of control. Made it home and car made loud noise. Inspected undercarriage, the frame was so corroded and rusted that it broke in half. Upon doing research the Honda specifications state the only parts undercoated on the undercarriage are the fuel tank andtransfer case. Had car towed to Honda dealership, manager stated never seen anything like this happen. Honda Headquarters state warranty is over. I am fighting this. Bravo for Toyota, at least they bought back their Toyota Tacomas that had this problem. Also, was disappointed to find out this is built by Isuzu. Honda greatly disappoints me. BEWARE OF UNDERCARRIAGE NOT FULLY UNDERCOATED."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Passport near Honolulu. See local deals