2002 Honda Passport

7.3

Based on 238 Ratings for the 1994 - 2002 models.

This car is incredible

By on Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Pros: "Extreamly reliable"

"I baught this car for $1000 dollars at an auction 7 years ago. It just wont die. It has four hundred thousand miles on it. Even the air condition still blows cold. Best 1000 bucks I ever spent."

I loved this vehicle

By on Thursday, February 02, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Long trips wern't comfortable"

"As far as value, I wish it could've lasted longer. I had to replace the air conditioner, transmission, fuel gage within fuel tank and a few minor things. Reliability - No problems. It was great in 4WD. Quality on a few things as the 5CD stacker,did not impress me.Design was fine."

good sturdy truck

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I've put about 85,000 miles on my 2001. It's run very well with regular oil changes and premium fuel (it's always 'pinged' with regular fuel for some reason). The Bridgestones that it came with lasted for about 45,000 per set and are fairly quiet. The ride is more truck-like than car-like, but that's to be expected as it is a truck frame. I recently returned from a 3,000 mile trip with a 16-hour marathon driving jaunt and it was still very comfortable and the engine ran like a top (I never even had the engine tuned in 6 years). I just replaced a couple of O2 sensors and that was the first engine work I've had to do. I'm going to buy another SUV and depending on how much the dealer offers me for the Passport, I might even keep it as a work truck. Even though it is an Isuzu, it has upheld the Honda standard pretty well."

Loved it all along

By on Sunday, December 11, 2011

"This has been a great car. Reliable, safe, and functional. Has been with our family since it was purchased new. Has traveled across the country. The only problem we have had was burning oil recently, and some oil leaking. And the gas mileage is not as green as I wish considering the environmental side of things. Overall, a powerful car, worth having."

Best car purchase I've ever made.

By on Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pros: "Reliable. Few repairs required. Cool design. Still has biggest cargo area around"

Cons: "Cramped for tall people. After 13 years, some signs of age creeping in."

"I've owned my Honda Passport (a rebadged Isuzu Rodeo, for those who didn't know) for 13 years. Bought it new in May '98 and she's still going strong. I've maintained it well over the years and it has provided reliable service. Its appearance is starting to show signs of age... discolored cloth where my arm hangs out the window, cassette deck makes noise, driver's seat is starting to give a little, paint chips in the fender area; but the engine is still a beaut, and I've never had any problems with convenience features like power windows, doors, moonroof, etc. Worst thing I can say about the car is it isn't the best for tall people (I'm 6'3"). In my opinion, FWIW, I think this is THE best SUV ever put on the market. I'll never understand why Honda, and then Isuzu a few years later, discontinued the vehicle. If you can get a well-maintained one like mine on the used car market, I think you'll be pleased."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Honda Passport near Honolulu. See local deals